APL 2012 Challenge

Ok so since ill be über busy Christmas week and will be sewed up for NYE here is my final reveal ;-)

image-3979603488.jpg

This is when I couldn't take my transition anymore January of this year my ends had totally broke and I was over hanging on to the permed ends 1-2012

image-2330462131.jpg

The BC 2-2012 Yikes! This is after 13 months of transitioning

image-3422866294.jpg

Hair blown out at BC throwing up the deuces

image-688909909.jpg

Hair blown out via tension method 12-22-2012

image-2108052894.jpg

Stretched APL 12-22-12 hair in big fluffy curls

image-3415498484.jpg

Front of my hair I was going for that Tracy Ellis Ross look lol I clarified, washed, dc'd, airdried my hair till it was slightly damp, I blow dried my hair via tension method on medium with heat protectant and I flat ironed my hair with 1 PASS on 15 my flat iron is a babybliss it goes to 25,and I Flexirod it about 8 flexis

image-750135907.jpg

Shrinkage it happens to the best of us ;-)

So that's my end of the year review I enjoyed this challenge alot I've been on this board for years and I have less than 1k posts I'm a straight onlooker on this board but this challenge helped me open up to get active and staying in touch helped keep me on point! Now on to full BSL by end of summer 2013 hoping to hit MBL by dec 2013 ;-)

I wasn't part of this challenge, but rather a lurker. I thought I would make it to APL, but it was a no-go. My ends were looking less than stellar so I asked my hubby for a tiny trim. He cut off 2in, and he was proud of his work! I know it needed to go, but I had a couple of APL strands, I almost shed a tear. I had to remind myself that I'm a big girl....

Hey ladies! :wave:

Got the hair flat ironed today and didn't get to take a pic until it started to fluff a little.

ForumRunner_20121222_233732.jpg

I'll be sure to post pics tomorrow after I take it down. It's currently wrapped.

Sent from my Android...Boom.

OMGEE, Nikki this is one gorgeous head of hair. I am soooooo hating right now. The color, the thickness and of course the length. You should be full Mbl by end of year.

Wow ladies. Thank you so much! It still feels super short to me. I guess hairorexia is the real deal.

Got the hair flat ironed today and didn't get to take a pic until it started to fluff a little.

I'll be sure to post pics tomorrow after I take it down. It's currently wrapped.

Very nice NikkiQ! It's so full and thick. I agree, you're almost BSL!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Aww shizzy! Looking good! Nice and full!

Sent From My Pheauxne

NikkiQ said:

Your def almost BSL! Congrats it looks Gorg!

Just the update I was waiting for! You'll be BSL by Spring easily!! Looking lush and lovely!

The curse of natural hair that doesn't get flat ironed often...the fluff continues :nono:

ForumRunner_20121223_113037.jpg

ForumRunner_20121223_113154.jpg

ForumRunner_20121223_113245.jpg

Hello Everyone!! I called regarding an appointment with my hairdresser. Does anyone say hairdresser anymore? I hope to see her tomorrow if she is not too busy. She left a fabulous closing salon, Mr. John's Hair Clinic in Detroit,Michigan. She has a lovely salon in her basement. When I was going to their company, my hair was the longest it has every been with treatments and a press and curl every week. If she is too busy tomorrow, I will approach a prior to New Year's Day length check. She only trims the ends and the parameters.

The curse of natural hair that doesn't get flat ironed often...the fluff continues :nono:

Congrats!!!!! I love the color.

My update so I took my kinkies down and I also got la jay for 2013 and I also cleaned up my old wig from march of this yr.

Also ignore the fat on my back.figured I would edit the photo I dunno how or why it turned.

Attachments

• image-3237078038.jpg
    image-3237078038.jpg
    460.5 KB · Views: 56
  • image-2993884692.jpg
    image-2993884692.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 56
  • image-1835634473.jpg
    image-1835634473.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 54
  • image-3636025324.jpg
    image-3636025324.jpg
    433.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
just about grazing APL if you count the hair thats between my fangers :look:, hoping for a few more millimeters by the 31st :lol:

APLresize_zps34e25df7.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats!!!!! I love the color.

My update so I took my kinkies down and I also got la jay for 2013 and I also cleaned up my old wig from march of this yr.

Also ignore the fat on my back.

I like the color.

Back