APL 2012 Challenge

I try to find ytubers that r relaxed or texlax. I like ytuber jenicris23, thehappyhairshow, 1blkbarbie1 & prettywitty77. All of these ladies r relaxed & most r wl. For natural ytubers, i like denimpixie & sistawithrealhair.

Shorty2sweet59, is probably my fav. I stalk her page on a regular basis:)

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

I don't watch Taren anymore. She started to annoy the hell out of me and I can't relate to anything she does to her hair so I stopped watching her videos. I'll have to check out the rest.

I try to find ytubers that r relaxed or texlax. I like ytuber jenicris23, thehappyhairshow, 1blkbarbie1 & prettywitty77. All of these ladies r relaxed & most r wl. For natural ytubers, i like denimpixie & sistawithrealhair.

Shorty2sweet59, is probably my fav. I stalk her page on a regular basis:)

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

Shorty2sweet59 has really helped me with me with going texlaxed. I also love the styles she comes up with all the time.

Shorty2sweet59 has really helped me with me with going texlaxed. I also love the styles she comes up with all the time.

Yes!! Me too:yep: In fact, my reggie is based off of her's. I find her to be very simplistic with her hair steps and really relatable.

Mini update so I was moisturizing and tightening a few braids and curiosity killed the cat. Now this is based off of one kinky being taken out.

Btw look at that shrinkage lol my hair shrinks to like two ins lol.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-617135482.jpg
    image-617135482.jpg
    487.1 KB · Views: 32
wah I'm not going to reach APL by 2012... I'm sucha slacker. I know its my fault. Even two seconds ago I was like "I should put some bee mine sulfur on my scalp" or "i should take a hair vitamin" but im too lazy to move. Oh well... I'll just follow you ladies to the BSL 2013 thread :)

Btw I've been missing lately and I'm so sorry. I do read everyone's updates from my phone when im in line, in the bathroom, or right before bed. But honestly this semester is kicking y butt so most of the time I'm studying away.

Congrats to the new graduates! I can't wait to join you guys at the APL finish line.

Hi ladies! I haven't posted in literally ages! I blame it on being pregnant, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I've been suuuuuuper lazy with my hair, barely moisturizing it or anything but I think by some miracle I still managed to make APL, I'm not sure tho, I'll have to take a pic and see, haven't done a length check in a while either. I'll let u all know for sure if I made it or not.

3 more weeks until our final check in ladies. I can't wait to see everyone's progress- current challengers and APL Ninjas!

I am not sure if I made it. I want to make APL with a flat iron, and no pulling needed. Right now it seems that I can barely pull my edges to APL.

Furthermore, I am debating if I am going to straighten this year or just stretch? My hair is doing so well without heat, I don't know if I want to risk it. At the end of the day it is about growing healthy hair. Wow, I have a lot to think about in three weeks.

I think I'm going to go ahead and post my final length checks for 2012 this week...while my hair is straight.

I haven't been doing as much hair wise as I usually do but at least I haven't been watching it so hopefully it will be a good update.

For 2013, I will be doing low/no heat...starting with crochet braids for my birthday and then I want to do some roller setting.

:hiya: Ladies!

:bump::bump::bump::bump:

We are OFFICIALLY 3 weeks from the start of a NEW YEAR 2013! :cheers:Starting this New Year's party right with a band to launch our COUNTDOWN :band: and dancing bananas! :grin:
:yay: :yay: :yay:

CONGRATULATIONS to ALL who have already achieved their APL & BSL Goals! I will see youuuuu at our New Year's Eve Length Check! :wink2:

:fan:

Had to cowash my Celies yesterday since I got salt water in them during my beach outing Sunday afternoon. It's amazing how crazy they looked pre-cowash at the roots for only being a week old.

:bump:

Is everyone thinking of how they're gonna do their final check in? Flat iron? Blow out? Stretch/pull test? Compare hairstyles from the beginning to now?

:( I had a few trims this year, but just maybe I'll have enough healthy scraps in the back to call it APL. So thankful for this site though b/c I made great progress for the year. How r u doing urs nikki

NikkiQ said:

Is everyone thinking of how they're gonna do their final check in? Flat iron? Blow out? Stretch/pull test? Compare hairstyles from the beginning to now?

I'm going to do one last flat iron for the year around Christmas, but I would love to compare my twistout pics too. I will try to do one next week. Excited!!!

NikkiQ said:

I may just pull from the back try to have someone snap it after doin a blow out it been rainy here so we shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I'm getting mine blown out and flat ironed so I'll be able to compare my length check from last Christmas to this year.

I'm going to have my hair/NG blow dried and flat ironed AND I'll do a comparison picture. Fingers crossed that I made APL!

Oh! Now I get it!

The reason you blow dry/flat iron/wear straight styles in the winter is because it's too damn cold to keep washing your hair!

It took me 3 years to figure that out!

Back