APL 2012 Challenge

I'm in, but definitely farther away from goal. Got it cut in April to the top of shoulder length. That was a bit more drastic than I wanted, but it needed to be cut.......................

I don't know if I should take these twists out now or after I move. Cause I know my hair is gonna be the last thing I want to do. I've been busy packing and I'm not close to done!

Pics for me too...and my length check shirt that I made that looks a hot mess

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

Last edited:
Hi guys! I would love to join the challenge. I just finished the SL challenge, so APL is my new goal! My one year heat ban is over on Saturday, but I probably won't use heat until next month.

Current hair length
Shoulder Length

Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd
Natural

APL goal month
December 2012

Current Reggie and styling choices
Co-wash weekly w/ Tresseme Naturals.
Deep condition w/ Joico Moisture Recovery.
Leave-in w/ Giovanni SAS + seal w/ oils (coconut,jojoba,castor, peppermint).
Style w/ twists typically using gel or shea butter.

What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL?
Remembering to take multivitamins, up my water intake. Work on trying new protective hair styles, attempt to make a bun.:lol:

Attachments

• IMG_0631.jpg
    IMG_0631.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0648.jpg
    IMG_0648.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0654.jpg
    IMG_0654.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 23
bones said:
Hi guys! I would love to join the challenge. I just finished the SL challenge, so APL is my new goal! My one year heat ban is over on Saturday, but I probably won't use heat until next month.

Current hair length
Shoulder Length

Natural

APL goal month
December 2012

Remembering to take multivitamins, up my water intake. Work on trying new protective hair styles, attempt to make a bun.:lol:

Your hair looks so thick!

Current hair length
Shoulder Length

Natural

APL goal month
December 2012

I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!:worship2:

challenger list is being updated as it's brought to my attention ladies. I'm SO sorry if I left people off. My mind has been a total clusterfck lately. My bad!

:update: pics!!

I guess I made more progress than I thought. Not sure if I can claim APL-you guys be the judge. I feel like I'd lie to myself :lol:. Anyway, here goes...The first pic shows my last update in March. The others are my update pics taken tonight.

Attachments

• marupdate.jpg
    marupdate.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 58
  • jun upd.jpg
    jun upd.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 58
  • jun upd4.jpg
    jun upd4.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 59

I guess I made more progress than I thought. Not sure if I can claim APL-you guys be the judge. I feel like I'd lie to myself :lol:. Anyway, here goes...The first pic shows my last update in March. The others are my update pics taken tonight.

Yes, Yes YES! Go on and claim your title! Great progress, beautiful hair!:yep::yep:

^^^ sounds like a good problem to have to me!

Did a WGO + Sunflower Oil + Honey prepoo overnight, washed with cheapie clarifying poo to ends + M&T Deep Moisturizing poo to scalp this morning, then applied my Daily Fixx fatty acid treatment for 5 mins. Now doing a DC with Keracare Humecto + CON AO Con + WGO mixed.

Last edited:
Missdelicious1 said:

Congrats:)

I say yes!! You can claim APL:yep: Congrats!!!

Whaaaaa....??? We have ANOTHER graduate!? This is great! I'll update the list when I get to my comp :wiggle:

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

but you're still in the challenge though, right Kerryann?:look:

lady hell yeah when i take this sucker out would be some time in July hopefully the end so i will do a check then for u.. i have to make it by years end so protective styling will be it for me weave to achieve

Last edited:
Fortunately you are not in the same boat as I am. I cut my hair all the way back to nape length in the back and EL for the rest of my hair. I will be doing good to make it to SL by the end of the year. I'm only still in this challenge cuz I'm cohosting :look: and I know NikkiQ would give me grief.

Sorry you had to trim so much. Hope you get some good advice to help you recover :yep:

faithVA why am I just now seeing this???! Must've missed it when we were moving. I would never give you grief if you wanted to leave the challenge lady. Do whatever makes you happy. Just know that we'll be here for you if you ever decided to join us again in this challenge or in BSL 2013 next year :yep:

[USER=198888 said:
afrofaithful[/USER];16261451]:bighug: everything will get better maybe just get some micros and leave it for a a few months. You're in VA, I know of a braid salon in MD that's really good and reasonable PM me if you're interested and I'll give you the info. I know when I was in the in between stage I stayed in twists and micros. I also tried a weave...but we don't speak of that fiasco. :lol:

Thanks for being so sweet. I made an appointment yesterday to get a Deva Cut. It feels like the right decision. I'm really excited. :yay:

Unfortunately I have to wait until August for my appointment :sad: But it will be right around my 2 year LHCF anniversary.

[USER=252932 said:
NikkiQ[/USER];16275175]@faithVA why am I just now seeing this???! Must've missed it when we were moving. I would never give you grief if you wanted to leave the challenge lady. Do whatever makes you happy. Just know that we'll be here for you if you ever decided to join us again in this challenge or in BSL 2013 next year :yep:

Yeah girl, you were busy getting ready for PR.

By the time I get to SL again, yall's hair will be swangin, and you will be saying you are Puerto Rican born and raised in Puerto Rico cuz people will be sayin you got the good hair :lol:

Back