APL 2012 Challenge

NikkiQ said:
I missed you on roll call Blairx0???? Yeah I will fix that now

I think so. But I'm not going anywhere. I already Posted my June check in picture. I plan to flat iron again in September for a wedding and stick around the thread until everyone migrates to the BSl thread.

Last edited:
I'm still here and I'm still in. Dec 2012 is my timeline. I am feeling that I won't get there but I am gonna keep in trucking. At CBL when stretch in the back.

Of course I am still here, I love this challenge. I will take my pic by the 30th, but will probably post late as it is a holiday week end.

So i fexi-rod'ed my hair last night and let it air dry. only put in five rods. today i noticed that my puffy hair is all on the same side but not in a row. i hate my hair and look forward to it growing out so i can cut off the puffy parts

I'm going to straighten and trim this weekend but I believe I am very close to APL. I would say no more than an inch but that may change after the trim.

I hope to be able to do a length check in the next few days or so. I have to take my twists out first.......

My hair looks uneven, im getting a sew in in two daysand I have no camera. I'm not apl anyways... i need some megatek, cornrows and castor oil in my life. Lol..smh..

Iv'e been MIA but im still in. I'm pleased with my progress so far will be ready for checkin. I'm not postin my pic until July 2nd cause my anniversary is July 3 and i'm flat ironing my hair. I have not flat ironed since march so im excited to see how it looks straight.

Hey ladies,

Just as well I was planning to go flat iron shopping on Sat (my trusty Remington's broke down) I'm in! Pics on Sat...Hope to be APL by Sept check in x

I wasn't included in the roll call :(, I'm still in though. I'm putting a weave in soon so I can't do an update on the 30th, but here are some progress pics:

Attachments

• image-2386216236.jpg
    image-2386216236.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 39
  • image-3334802918.jpg
    image-3334802918.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 35
  • image-1078089343.jpg
    image-1078089343.jpg
    441.6 KB · Views: 32
I was APL about 2 months ago. Then I trimmed 2 inches off to get rid of some layers. If anybody has ever BC'd then you know of the natural mullet I speak of. My bang area is now 2 inches below my chin. The rest of my hair is full SL. even the sides are getting closer to APL now. I'm glad I decided to trim. I want length but the layers were making my hair look thin. And I'll get there eventually.

Girl, I'm just at NOSE length in the front, and the back is only 1" from APL... the Mother of mullets :lol::lachen:

Still in this challenge, I estimate I'll be APL at the back by July/August but the front and crown :nono: still 7" to go. An average ETA for full-all-round-shortest-bits-reaching-APL is January 2013.

Last edited:
Im in but I won't be flat ironing it's too hot here and would only last a day

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

NitaChantell said:
I wasn't included in the roll call :(, I'm still in though. I'm putting a weave in soon so I can't do an update on the 30th, but here are some progress pics:

Congrats u look pretty much there:)

i don't know if i am going to wash today or tomorrow. i might go see Lalah Hathaway friday, so i may need to wash today. if i go friday, i need to promise myself not to wear my hair down. it will be curly and up.

the silk elements in the tan jar with the copper top seems to have more moisturizing ingredients the the silk elements olive. i may grab a pack of that and try it out before i buy the jar and have to give it away again.

i am going to give myself a protein treatment today, but i am just going to use the Aphogee 2 min and leave it on in the shower for 2 mins. i plan on prepooing with some oil. i ran out of avocado. i still need to go to the store and get some. i used my Keracare essential oil and it gave more of a stiff oily feeling, instead of a soft oily feeling.

after i rinse out the oil, i am going to apply the aphogee, rinse, then shampoo like normal.

i sneak the protein in from time to time, but i don't use strong proteins anymore and i don't allow it to sit on my hair longer than 2 mins.

Last edited:
NikkiQ - I know you have me as a graduate awhile ago but I will be posting update pics this weekend of my top layers because those are the ones that I wanted to reach APL by the end of this year. I usually seem to always take a peek at my length every now and then but haven't in the last month or two so I am real excited to see where I am come the end of this month.

TruMe said:
NikkiQ - I know you have me as a graduate awhile ago but I will be posting update pics this weekend of my top layers because those are the ones that I wanted to reach APL by the end of this year. I usually seem to always take a peek at my length every now and then but haven't in the last month or two so I am real excited to see where I am come the end of this month.

Hey TruMe you know I'm not gonna turn down pics of your hair!!

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

I'm definitely in. Not sure how much progress I might have made from earlier in the month, but I'm willing to snap a pic and check it out!

Hey ladies, still GHEing and keeping my hair covered in a satin scarf. NikkiQ I'm definately still in but wasn't mentioned in roll call. I'll do a pull down for check in and flat iron late July early August.

Haha NikkiQ I don't mind being called out. You guys keep me on top of hair game. I was gonna try to skip this update since I don't feel I've made a lot of progress, but I guess I'll stop being a punk and post some pics...in a few days.

Missdelicious1 said:
Haha NikkiQ I don't mind being called out. You guys keep me on top of hair game. I was gonna try to skip this update since I don't feel I've made a lot of progress, but I guess I'll stop being a punk and post some pics...in a few days.

Just when you think you havent made any progress, pics tell a different story:)

i'm in just gotta put my pics on this laptop...

so i'm still under the collar bone, but i my layers have grown out some more. i really want my hair to be a blunt cut, but i also want my length. :fistshake:

Attachments

• 06132012_004.jpg
    06132012_004.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 06132012_010.jpg
    06132012_010.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 34
  • 06132012_011-001.jpg
    06132012_011-001.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 35
Back