APL 2012 Challenge

Hi friends - I've been really quiet since joining this challenge, but I got a relaxer on Friday and have the results. At this rate, I'm hoping for APL by December (which is slightly above line 1). HHG everyone!

Attachments

• image-534445476.jpg
    image-534445476.jpg
    339.7 KB · Views: 65
  • image-3477970613.jpg
    image-3477970613.jpg
    378.2 KB · Views: 55
  • image-2158624480.jpg
    image-2158624480.jpg
    379.9 KB · Views: 55
I'm still in....still aiming for Dec 2012. Have about 1 inch to go on the right nape....and the left nape about 2 inches (it is always been shorter on the left :ohwell:)

Official checks and comparisons:

Right Side -
Image-1.jpg

Left Side -
Image.jpg

Bang -
photo-13.jpg

Left Nape -
photo-14.jpg

Right Nape -
photo-15.jpg

Last edited:
I am still in, but I am on a personal no-length check challenge until the end of the summer. I need to motivate myself to find interesting styles for the length I have and not wait until I have the length I want.

I did a length check in March and I will do another one in September.

bajandoc86. Woooooowee, that's some progress. Check you out all early with the length check too. When my hair 'grows up' it need to be like you.

shortdub78, hey good seeing you too. Did you graduate out of this post? Looks like it:)

I was APL about 2 months ago. Then I trimmed 2 inches off to get rid of some layers. If anybody has ever BC'd then you know of the natural mullet I speak of. My bang area is now 2 inches below my chin. The rest of my hair is full SL. even the sides are getting closer to APL now. I'm glad I decided to trim. I want length but the layers were making my hair look thin. And I'll get there eventually.

NikkiQ, I feel like a step-child, I didn't get mentioned :-(. Anyhow, I'm still in and planning my flat ironing strategy for the weekend. I'm still standing by my December 2012 graduation but it'll be nice to see how close I am to my goal come year's end.

ETA: I guess I was listed but under my old screen name which is Kiwi74. If it isn't any trouble, do you mind changing it to my new screen name?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:
MeowMix

i don't know? i didn't see my name on this list, so i guess NikkiQ is kicking me out? :lol:
i just like it in here! everyone in this thread is a hunny bunny! but hopefully my time will be up by Sept. Sept is my make or break month every year.

Hey Everybody.....

I'm still in, I will take pics tonight and post them soon, it's looking pretty good, I should make it there by December... :)

I'm actually bsb in the back but feel hesitant to claim apl till more hair reaches it. I'll claim it in sept/Oct for sure!

I had a serious setback due to breakage and got a haircut AFTER I joined this challenge. Go figure!! I've had good growth, but due to the short length of the cut don't think I will make it to APL this year, maybe full SL. So I guess I'm out.

I think I'm going to have DH take a length pic of one of my mini braids in the back when I take them down to redo a few this weekend.

Sorry, I didn't know you had replied back to me.

At this point, there is no part of my hair I'm not frustrated with. I'm just tired of dealing with it. I'm tired of guessing what I should do to it. I'm tired of trying things. I'm tired of putting in time and getting no return of investment. Ok - enough of that vent.

I'm going to get this hair analysis and then get a deva cut and call it a day. And if they have to take it all the way down to 1 to 2" so be it.

:bighug: everything will get better maybe just get some micros and leave it for a a few months. You're in VA, I know of a braid salon in MD that's really good and reasonable PM me if you're interested and I'll give you the info. I know when I was in the in between stage I stayed in twists and micros. I also tried a weave...but we don't speak of that fiasco. :lol:

I'm in, will post my pics next week - heading out of town and will be flat ironing my hair while I'm away. Stay tuned. :)

I decided to transition so I'll be cutting off my relaxed ends one day. If it weren't for that I'd be very close to apl if not there already. So, I'm out but I'm rooting for y'all!

Here is what my hair looks like today after finger detangling it with oil...the pic with me in orange was me with a mini twistout before I separated my hair!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120625_202537.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120625_202537.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 33
  • ForumRunner_20120625_202751.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120625_202751.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 32
  • ForumRunner_20120625_202818.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120625_202818.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 35
Back