Anyone use The Pomade Shop on Etsy?

My x2 Peppermint Pomades from The Pomade Shop arrived today. As Always, everything was nicely presented and beautiful.

I finally ordered and it has arrived. I ordered two jars (one rosemary one peppermint). I am not sure what I was expecting but the pomade is really thick...kind of reminds me of old fashioned grease (which is a nice piece of nostalgia for me except this product has good ingredients). I love the smell of both but have only used the rosemary pomade w/vanilla. Once it's on my freshly washed scalp the smell is a little strong but goes away the next day. The rosemary pomade gives my scalp brief tingles. The roots of my hair retained a lot of moisture (I would use it on my ends but I am continuing with sealing with grapeseed oil). I figured I would use it on my edges every other day and all over my scalp twice a week before shampooing it out. And yes, the customer service is great.

Okay so here's a little update: I've been using the pomade for a month or so but just on my edges about three times a week. I can't say that I've noticed an improvement so I am going to try using it at least five times a week if not every day. I sleep with a plastic cap over my scarf because the pomade is very heavy and seeps through the pillowcase causing more problems for my skin. I prefer the peppermint pomade over the rosemary one (the peppermint fragrance just smells nicer). I will continue to use both until they run out and then decide if I will repurchase at that time.

Finished up a Jar of Peppermint. I have x1 left. She had said a while back she would be having a 20% Sale in May.

So.....I'm waiting.

Froreal3

The Green Magic is kinda whippy-moussey and light. Not heavy at all.

The Pomade Shop's Pomade(s) are on the heavier side.

I'm about to order some because they're having a Re-Packaging Sale going on right now.

I may pick up x2 Rosemary. I've only tried the Coffee one & the Peppermint one.

^^I spied that repackaging sale. That's why I wanted to know. I don't mind heavier. Have you noticed any growth from either?

Dare~to~Dream Are you still using and have you seen growth?

Hi, I have stopped using it for now but I planned on starting back as I have another jar that's almost full. As far as growth, I was only using it on my edges and temples and I believe I only saw a little improvement. I used it for at least 2-2.5 months. I want to give it another chance but it's really thick/heavy so I have to use small amounts. I'm curious about this Green Magic; I've never heard of that.

Froreal3

I'm not really sure? I use so many different things. *you know how I do*:lol:..:look:

But I do like them both (Pomade & Green Magic). Different products, but both useful items in my Stash.:yep:

I like them both for various reasons.

I also like Naturelle Grow's Honey Balm & Rosemary Pomade.:yep:

Regarding The Pomade Shop: The Presentation is beautiful and the CS and shipping times are excellent.:grin:

IDareT'sHair I have the NG Honey Balm. It doesn't contain sulfur does it? It isn't on the ingredients. It definitely works better on my scalp than the length.

Anyone still using these and seeing increased growth? Do you recommend these over Green Magic? How do they compare?

Lita IDareT'sHair?

Dare~to~Dream Are you still using and have you seen growth?

Froreal3 Hi! The green magic is very creamy in texture & the pomade shop is soft solid grease..Both products are spreadable/soft...

*Green Magic wasn't bad,it was nice to use on freshly washed hair...

*Pomade Shop-Yes,I did notice growth on my edges & no hair shed..I keep my hair pulled back a lot and while using this every other day,my edges stayed in place & new hair came in..

Lately I've been using spritz on my edges to give it a break with the pomade.

Happy Hair Growing!

Thanks ladies. I took advantage of the sale and purchased the Pomade Shop's Rosemary Pomade in Hawaiian Plumeria and the Peppermint Pomade in Vanilla scent. I hope I like them.

Did a Mini-Haul from TPS:
x2 8oz LinoMoist (Glad these are 8oz's perfect for Fall/Winter)
x2 16oz Herbal Conditioners
x1 16oz Coffee Conditioner

Love This Shop. Great Customer Service. Fast Shipping. Wonderful.:love:

I really like the smell of their pomades! You can barely smell the sulfur. They are very fast at shipping and professional.

Love my pomades! I don't smell sulfur at all. Love the smell of the Hawaiian Plumeria. Vanilla is great too.

Last edited:
I Agree. :grin:

I have tried the Vanilla. Haven't tried the Plumeria. I can't wait for my nice order to arrive.

I still haven't tried the Coffee Conditioner (yet), and I'm excited to try the Herbal Conditioner.:yep:

Both the Coffee & the Herbal Conditioners have similar/great ingredients.

How are you liking it? I'm trying to decide between the Rosemary or the Peppermint? They both seem good.

Smiley79, The Pomade Shop is one of my favorite shops. I have tried the LinoMoist, CeraMoist, Coffee, Peppermint, Rosemary, And Sweet Indulgence. They are all great. If I had to choose between the Rosemary and Peppermint I would choose Peppermint. I like the tingly sensation on my scalp.

The Coffee Shampoo and Conditioner are great too.

Last night I ordered the Peppermint pomade, Rosemary Pomade and the Coffee pomade all in hopes to regrow my sorry edges. Ill post back here after about a month or so of using it to share my results. Anyone have any advice on how often I should use these products on my edges? I should probably use one product until its gone so I can actually see what product I got the most out of.

Back