Anyone know what the secret egg conditioner mix is at Dominican salons (silky hair)

blessed7777

My friend in the DC area told me that at the Dominican salon she goes to they mix an egg in the conditioner and she has silky hair everytime. Actually the mix is unknown and when she asked them what it was they said its a secret mixture. I am in Raleigh, NC and asked for the egg treatment and my hair was so soft and silky I couldn't believe it. Can ANYONE please tell me the name of this treatment and whats in it??

Last edited:
Re: Anyone know what the secret egg conditioner mix is at Dominican salons (silky hai

Im guessing, but probably a couple of oils have been added to the mix. I know that in addition to protein an egg also has many vitamins, namely, vitamin E

Re: Anyone know what the secret egg conditioner mix is at Dominican salons (silky hai

Ummm.... Any product used in salon should have a MSDS on file. I wonder if a LS is mixing their own products if that's covered under their insurance.

I have no clue but my hair turned out like pure silk with major shine and I have gone to Dominican salon since 02... and never experienced results like that.

Last edited:

I'm so intrigued. I've heard of using eggs as a protein treatment, but never heard of this secret mixture. I wonder what else is ln it?

Bumping for responses.

Hmmm. I'm interested too. Your hair looks great, btw!

If any of you ladies are interested and live in the DC area. My friend goes to Sashelvis in Waldorf, MD. btw.

Its butter, eggs, milk, sugar and some vanilla.

Just kidding, I want to know what it is too! I agree they should have it on file if they are using it.

I'm not sure of the answer but, I went searching and found this intersting post.

In the spirit of Anky's intriguing post, I thought I'd try to shed some light on what usually goes into the thought process of making these mystery conditioners that Dominican stylists make at the salon.

There are certain ingredients that Dominicanas tend to associate with and prescribe for certain hair problems. Often, these "associations" inform their special conditioner mixes. Here are some of the ones I know of:

Dryness/Lack of Softness: Avocado, Olive Oil, Aloe Vera, Coconut, Silk (usually worm), Jojoba

Shedding (otherwise refered to as "falling hair")and Growth: Garlic, Wheat Germ, Cinnamon, Rosemary

Dullness: Silicone, Honey, Olive Oil, Strawberry, Placenta, Coconut, Jojoba, Almond

Strength: Lecithin, Egg, Milk, Collagen, Placenta, Whale Sperm

So what they usually do is:

1. identify the problem/s

2. find a conditioner formula (or several) with ingredients that target the problem/s, to use as a "base" for the whole formula

3. mix them all up with oils, and some natural ingredients to make special formulas all their own.

Some salons even sell them as a special treatment - you've seen them...it comes out of a big vat by the sink marked "treatment" with a sharpie, and it's almost always some greenish hue. :haha:

Anyway - I digress...

So a person who wanted to correct weak, dull hair might find their Dom. stylist mixing up a formula that contained: Lecithin, Olive Oil, Collagen, Silicone, and Coconut. To do this they might choose the actual ingredient (aloe vera gel from the plant, coconut milk, EEVO, cow or goat's milk, liquid lecithin) or a conditioner with that ingredient already in it, or some combination of the two.

They almost always add a bit of plain Olive Oil to the mix as well as it helps emulsify whatever you're concocting. They'll add other ingredients in the form of their essential oil sometimes too. Cinnamon oil, or Rosemary oil for instance. They also sometimes add "essences" - water based extracts of herbs like Rosemary. Sometimes too, they add plain old water, to loosen things up a bit.

So there is some method to the madness. Now that you know what some of the common uses are tho, get creative!

Hope this helps you guys organize your thoughts as you ponder Anky's post, and become Dominican conditioner making aficionados! :rofl:

Original post can be found here

I don't know about you but, I'm saving this for future reference. :)

I have been looking at this for on the internet since you posted it. I plan to do a modified version today. I think I will mix egg, honey, olive oil, and a little Silicon mox and see how it comes out.

I mix an egg, evoo and honey in a bottle and apply to my hair with a baggie. I let sit overnight, if possible. My hair comes out shiny, strong and soft.

Well after they did the egg treatment with a ampoule vial mix. They sat me under the dryer for 10 mins and then rinsed VERY well and used another conditioner and rinsed. Once my rollerset and blow out were complete my hair was SUPER moist and shiny without it being weighed down. My hair actually stayed moist for a full 7 days root to tip and ZERO breakage. I ususally always have breakage so I was amazed!

Last edited:

This sounds interesting. I have to remember this and make a concoction.

Ummm.... Any product used in salon should have a MSDS on file. I wonder if a LS is mixing their own products if that's covered under their insurance.

I was thinking the same thing.

I fiqured you were talking of the salon in Waldorf. I have gone there. The egg treatment is great. I wonder what they put in there too.

I wonder if they are using the alter ego ampoule vial treatments. These are commonly used in dominican salons. If you check out bluebeez.com they have a number of different types on their site.

You know,I went to one in Orlando-my hair was like that too. The funny thing is...the girl who washed out my relaxer asked me if I wanted conditioner? I thought-Odd question...but I said yes. My hair was so amazing after the roller-set that I didn't even need a blowout!But she didn't specify that it was a egg treatment so I don't know but I would like to know as well!

Subbing. Thanks for the quote NJoy!

very interesting...ladies do you sit under the dryer with this egg concoction in your hair?

great info, Njoy, i saved it in my hair folder :look:

You know we have sooo many ladies here from different places. It seems like their would be at least 1 on here actually from the Dominican republic that could help us out!

You know we have sooo many ladies here from different places. It seems like there would be at least 1 on here actually from the Dominican republic that could help us out!

thats so true :ohwell:

i mainley use ors replenishing conditioner mixed with evoo and evco and pepermint oil..but what is honey used for in your conditioner..is extra shine or something?

anyone figure it out yet?

KiKi Homemaker I went to Erlinas in Raleigh off of Craftsman.

Good luck :)

DIY Hair Conditioner Home Remedy Instructions:

I found this on pantryspa.com:

An oldie, but a goodie (as my Grandmother used to say)!! This conditioner has been tested over many, many generations… and if it is still around, you know that means something!
1. Beat the egg yolks until they turn frothy.
2. Add the baby oil and continue beating. ( I think maybe olive oil, or safflower would be better):yep:.
3. Add the water and beat so more.
4. Distribute throughout your hair.
5. Rinse thoroughly.
Pantry Spa Tip:
If you don’t have baby oil, you can try olive oil! And don’t waste the rest of the leftover egg! Use it to make Acne Dermabrasion with EGGS!

(You can do it after shampooing your hair, but make sure to rinse it very well… otherwise you can do it as a deep conditioning treatment, let it soak in for 20-30 minutes and then shower as usual).

Egg Hair Conditioner Remedy Ingredients:
- 1 cup water
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tsp baby oil
Eta: ingredients

Err aahh, question? When you ladies mixed up the egg concoction . . . did you have product running down your face, temples, and mouth? I am sitting here (just mixed and applied) and this stuff is dripping everywhere, I'm an egg mess. I don't know how the young lady slept with this overnight. I keep looking to see if I missed an ingredient or something. I used 2 egg yolks, 1 cup of water, 2 tsp. of olive oil and for the fun of it added some coconut oil/meat that I had.

Err aahh, question? When you ladies mixed up the egg concoction . . . did you have product running down your face, temples, and mouth? I am sitting here (just mixed and applied) and this stuff is dripping everywhere, I'm an egg mess. I don't know how the young lady slept with this overnight. I keep looking to see if I missed an ingredient or something. I used 2 egg yolks, 1 cup of water, 2 tsp. of olive oil and for the fun of it added some coconut oil/meat that I had.
I'm not sure the other people used water. Put on a shower cap and if you have a microfiber towel and or headband put that on and then put another towel around your neck.

Back