Anyone have an Asian boyfriend/spouse?

blue_flower

I just wanted to know if anyone here is in a relationship with an Asian man. I met my boyfriend this past summer and he's Vietnamese. I've never been an interracial relationship before and I only recall seeing two AM/BW couples in my life. I actually like going on line and seeing pictures and videos of other AM/BW couples. I really love my boyfriend. :)

SO is Chinese/white.

I doubt I will bump into another couple exactly like us in the UK, but maybe. Would be happy if I did though:yep:.I have seen black women with Pakistani/Indian men before, but never with east asian.

blue_flower said:
I just wanted to know if anyone here is in a relationship with an Asian man. I met my boyfriend this past summer and he's Vietnamese. I've never been an interracial relationship before and I only recall seeing two AM/BW couples in my life. I actually like going on line and seeing pictures and videos of other AM/BW couples. I really love my boyfriend. :)

That last sentence made me say "awww"

Sent from my iPhone 10 using LHCF

This thread is right on time! There's a male, Asian classmate of mine whose been texting me. Some of the texts have been kinda flirty but I didn't really see it until my Asian girlfriend pointed it out. Asian culture is very new to me, but since I started grad school I've had the chance to mingle and make friends with a lot of them. If things go further with him I'll be a lil nervous but I'm not opposed. We shall see.

SO is Chinese/white.

I doubt I will bump into another couple exactly like us in the UK, but maybe. Would be happy if I did though:yep:.I have seen black women with Pakistani/Indian men before, but never with east asian.
That's weird because in the US, it's the opposite. I've seen/heard of more BW with East Asian or Southeast Asian men but hardly any South Asian men with BW although I personally know some BW/South Asian man couples.

I'm not in a relationship but I'm into Asian guys so we'll see.:look:

No but I had a huuge crush on a Korean/black guy in high school. He was tall and so cute....his family moved away before I could make my move.

Nothing to add just sharing a story.

My bf of almost three years is Chinese- American. He's amazinggggggg! Hes very kind, adowables and he's freaking hott ::lol:: . AM/BW couples are becoming more common in NY.

My boyfriend is Chinese, we have been a couple for almost 3 years, but have known each other 13 years. His family is pressuring him to marry me and have children.

I met my boyfriend online and I was curious about why he was interested in me. Ive seen very few AM/BF couples and I had always assumed Asian men weren't attracted to black women. He made me nervous at first because he was very attentive and thoughtful and I guess I wasn't used to that from a man. But he sincerely told me that he was attracted to me and cared about me. We always have a good time together and hes romantic! I really enjoyed our trip to Toronto this past summer!

I found a website with pictures of AM/BF couples and it makes me happy to see those lovely couples. I even saw a Taco Bell commercial (or was it Applebee's?) with a AM/BF couple. I wish I knew where AM/BF couples are more concentrated at though.

Before I married DH I dated a Chinese guy for almost a year. His family was great but he was a bit overbearing (possessive). His mother was the sweetest woman and taught me how to make some traditional Chinese dishes from scratch. She was a pianist and an excellent one and his father was awesome as well. They would have made great in-laws.

The guy I dated was great in many ways but he just didn't trust me even though I hadn't given him any reason to feel insecure. That just killed it for me.

I know a lot of AM/BW pairings actually....

I've found that more AM than I realized were open to dating BW which shouldn't have surprised me but it did.

I dated a filipino guy for about a year. Hes was very doting & attentive but also smothering & possessive.

I know this is random but I'm studying in a coffee shop right now and I see this cuter than cute BW/AM couple! I'm assuming they go the nearby university since they look a bit younger than me. They look so happy together. =D

I don't see many East or South Asians with AAs often.
I assumed they kept to their culture. I would be open to it, but thought most likely they wouldn't. Go figure...

i had/have this huge crush on an ex co worker when i was deployed. he was Vietnamese and super cute. he could sing his butt off too like a donnell jones type guy. anyways he was involved with another aa woman who was gorgeous. he said that Asian and black pairings are common in north california where they are from.

he said that Asian and black pairings are common in north california where they are from.
I'm from NorCal and there not as common as AW/WM, BM/WW or even WM/BW (which are increasing) but my mom's bff's boyfriend is Korean, and I noticing more on the rare occasion I get out the house, hence my earlier post.

Last edited:
I've always been interested, but never really pursued that avenue until now. I found a Meetup group where black women and Asian men meet for conversation and hanging out. I'll be attending my first meet with them today where there will be a discussion of sorts about interracial dating amongst Asian men and black women. I can't wait to hear what others have to say. :)

I've always been interested, but never really pursued that avenue until now. I found a Meetup group where black women and Asian men meet for conversation and hanging out. I'll be attending my first meet with them today where there will be a discussion of sorts about interracial dating amongst Asian men and black women. I can't wait to hear what others have to say. :)

Don't forget to come back and share what you learn! :yep:

ScorpioBeauty09 said:
I'm from NorCal and there not as common as AW/WM, BM/WW or even WM/BW (which are increasing) but my mom's bff's boyfriend is Korean, but I noticing more on the rare occasion I get out the house, hence my earlier post.

Oh ok i havent been to norcal in awhile. I was just going off of what he said.

blue_flower what age group are you guys in if you dont mind me asking

My first boyfriends were Asian I loved them the love of my life was Filipino and no one saw us as odd im in the bay area it's becoming a lot more common to see now days but old school people will comment on it. Other than that it's was a normal relationship yup yup but if anyone has questions shoot!

Please share how the meet up went! :)

Hey girls, I JUST came back from the meetup. Simply put, it was AMAZING!!!!!

As per usual for these events, we had more gals than guys but enough Asian men showed up to really get the conversation (and laughs) going. Based on their responses, it appears a major concern for many Asian men with respect to us black women is shyness. Many are interested but fear rejection. One guy brought up that he was always placed in the "friend zone" by black women he wanted to pursue while black women in the group stated they never thought Asian men were interested. This is clearly not the case ;).

As for the guys, they were SO SO nice and funny and I learnt so much about their respective cultures. We had Korean, Taiwanese and Chinese represented tonight. We learnt that Asian men are generally viewed as the providers who are not only expected to take care of their women and children but also their parents, hence so many of their parents emphasizing education as not only a means to wealth but also a means to be a good provider for the family. It was also revealed that they are now being cast aside by Asian women for white men and in this sense, they can relate to how black women feel with respect to black men's general preference for white women.

After our hang out, the majority of us had went to a Korean bar/club and one of the guys was considerate enough to pick up the tab *awww :grin:*. Let's just say a whole bunch of eyes were on us when all these black women came rolling in...with Asian men :lol: :lol: :lol:. We danced, we laughed, we drank. A total blast!

As for connections, I really hit it off with one and got three #s and a FB add :D. I was invited to dine at a popular Korean restaurant but we shall see how that goes.

I am SOOO glad I went. I will never view Asian men the same again, lol. I can't wait to attend another meet!

Oh, and how strange is it that one goes to school not far from my neighborhood and another works a block away from me? Life is funny...:lol:

Moral of the story: Don't overlook/sleep on the Asian dudes. :lick: :yep:

Last edited:
My little sister is dating a Laos guy (2 years). Her boyfriend before that was Cambodian and the one before that was Vietnamese(3 years). Clearly she has a type, lol. I'm sure if you're checking for them, they're checking for you too.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Hey girls, I JUST came back from the meetup. Simply put, it was AMAZING!!!!!

As per usual for these events, we had more gals than guys but enough Asian men showed up to really get the conversation (and laughs) going. Based on their responses, it appears a major concern for many Asian men with respect to us black women is shyness. Many are interested but fear rejection. One guy brought up that he was always placed in the "friend zone" by black women he wanted to pursue while black women in the group stated they never thought Asian men were interested. This is clearly not the case ;).

As for the guys, they were SO SO nice and funny and I learnt so much about their respective cultures. We had Korean, Taiwanese and Chinese represented tonight. We learnt that Asian men are generally viewed as the providers who are not only expected to take care of their women and children but also their parents, hence so many of their parents emphasizing education as not only a means to wealth but also a means to be a good provider for the family. It was also revealed that they are now being cast aside by Asian women for white men and in this sense, they can relate to how black women feel with respect to black men's general preference for white women.

After our hang out, the majority of us had went to a Korean bar/club and one of the guys was considerate enough to pick up the tab *awww :grin:*. Let's just say a whole bunch of eyes were on us when all these black women came rolling in...with Asian men :lol: :lol: :lol:. We danced, we laughed, we drank. A total blast!

As for connections, I really hit it off with one and got three #s and a FB add :D. I was invited to dine at a popular Korean restaurant but we shall see how that goes.

I am SOOO glad I went. I will never view Asian men the same again, lol. I can't wait to attend another meet!

Oh, and how strange is it that one goes to school not far from my neighborhood and another works a block away from me? Life is funny...:lol:

Moral of the story: Don't overlook/sleep on the Asian dudes. :lick: :yep:

Wow! I wish I could've been there to hear the conversation. My city has a small Asian population, but I always see WM/AW (and BM/WW). For the longest time I had thought Asian men weren't interested in black women, so I never bothered, and now I'm seeing that it's not the case at all. My boyfriend and I met online and he actually contacted me first. At first I was suspicious but he turned out to be awesome. :)

I used to work with a Chinese woman who told me that Chinese men make better husbands because they are good providers. My boyfriend works hard; we're not living together but he said if we did he would take care me, pay for me to go to school, etc. That makes me happy to know that someone truly cares for me. At the same time I've pretty much been single most of my life, working hard to take care of myself, and now I'm getting used to someone actually caring about me.

I hope things go further with one of the guys you exchanged numbers with!

Back