Anyone getting 2 inches a month?

rafikichick92

Hi everyone, newbie here. :grin: I was wondering if any of you who are using growth aids are getting 2 of growth each month or even more? If you are, please post:

what growth aid you use (yes, pills and homemade potions count)
how you use it and how often
how long you've been using it
how much growth you get

Thanks for your help!

It's verrrrry rare for someone to get 2 inches in a month. You're pushing it to aim for 1 inch a month (which I am lol). Even though I wish my hair would grow overnight, as a newbie I'm learning it's an ongoing process. Basically if you have a good regimen, protect your ends, and keep them moisturized, you'll retain length, but I doubt it will be 2 inches a month because normally your hair grows 1/2 an inch a month. I have used MN though, and that seems to speed up the process

i always got the impression even getting one inch per month was a big achievement. the average growth rate is 1/4 - 1/2 inch per month.

Lol, i know, i know. But right now I'm getting about .5 in per month, and I've heard of growth aids that advertise 2 in a month. So i was just wondering if anyone here has tried to do it and succeeded.:grin:

2 inches sounds good for growth but I would hate that because I would have to constanly relax my hair. Which isn't good.:sad:

Hi Rafikichick92 welcome to the board and if you come across someone who is getting that kind of growth from a growth aid shoot me a PM, cuz they have found the magic potion j/k. Um I have been using a homemade sulphur mix for about a month now, once I come out of my braids will let you know what kind of results I've gotten.

i always got the impression even getting one inch per month was a big achievement. the average growth rate is 1/4 - 1/2 inch per month.
:grin::grin:yup yup! It seems without growth aids my hair grows 1/2 inch, but when I'm using MN it seems to increase to about 3/4 or 1 inch.

24 inches in a year? hahaha you could go from BC to BSL, WL, or classic in a year depending on how tall you were
That would be a sight

Lol, i know, i know. But right now I'm getting about .5 in per month, and I've heard of growth aids that advertise 2 in a month. So i was just wondering if anyone here has tried to do it and succeeded.:grin:

i'd take "too-good-to-be-true" claims made by "miracle" growth products with an entire canister of salt. i don't trust growth products that put a number on how much it can grow your hair; especially such a high number like this. they have a product to sell, after all...

I don't think it is possible.

Even if somebody had some freak hormonal accident and got the growth or used some MEGA mtg/mn/groaut/hotpepper/sulfur concoction and got the growth, as soon as they stopped I bet it would be shed city - or just slow growth for a while until her body catches up.

But, still I don't think it is possible.

24 inches in a year? hahaha you could go from BC to BSL, WL, or classic in a year depending on how tall you were
That would be a sight

:amen:

Some of the ladies using MN claim to get 1" within 3 weeks, so technically, if that's true, they could be getting that.

I personally think it's possible...............but not very probable.

I would love to see that happen for me, since I'm transitioning. I could BC and be WSL by Christmas:lol:

i dont know about 2 inches but i was getting more than 1 inch when i was pregnant. Those were the good days now all of that growth is shedding.:ohwell:

In some cases, pregnancy can cause hair to grow at such an increased rate. Unfortunately, after baby comes, the hair sheds, and growth rate slows down back to normal.

EDIT: 4Mia, great minds think alike, LOL!

I don't think it is possible.

Even if somebody had some freak hormonal accident and got the growth or used some MEGA mtg/mn/groaut/hotpepper/sulfur concoction and got the growth, as soon as they stopped I bet it would be shed city - or just slow growth for a while until her body catches up.

But, still I don't think it is possible.

ITA, and besides, the hair growth would not be limited to the head, it would increase in other areas like the face, the chest, the limbs and the back. Not cool, unless that wolfish look is hot for someone.

i havent seen it (that i can recall)... but i do believe that factors can make you have a burst of more than 1 inch of hair growth for that month (possibly 2 months)... but then the growth rate will go down to normal

that reminds me of a friend that I have that claims that her hair grows about 1 inch a month (with out any growth aids), and with mn, she says it grows about 1 1/2inches or more a month.... all this while her hair has never been at or past shoulder length.:rolleyes:

I dont know... i think anything is possible... but i wont be making any claims until i can get those rates for at least 6 (and have pics to prove it).

:amen:

Some of the ladies using MN claim to get 1" within 3 weeks, so technically, if that's true, they could be getting that.

I personally think it's possible...............but not very probable.

I would love to see that happen for me, since I'm transitioning. I could BC and be WSL by Christmas:lol:

1 inch in 3 weeks would mean 1 and 1/3 in a month not 2 inches. I could've sworn there were stories of people growing 2 inches a month a few years ago on this forum. I don't remember who and I never really followed up to see the proof coz I just don't think it's possible. But then people like Diane Witt did baffle hair scientists with hair that grew more than what people expected so you never know. Personally, I'm happy with 1/2 inch a month.

Last edited:
Diane Witt -:nono:

YIKES! What a freakish anomaly! That's actually kind of gross. Amazing, but gross... lol:look:

ETA: Hey her daughter is a very well known actress... Alicia Witt. She played on that show Cybil with Cybil Sheapard. She played Cybil's daughter, the girl with the red hair.

STAR705-alicia-witt.jpg

Last edited:
1 inch in 3 weeks would mean 1 and 1/3 in a month not 2 inches. I could've sworn there were stories of people growing 2 inches a month a few years ago on this forum. I don't remember who and I never really followed up to see the proof coz I just don't think it's possible. But then people like Diane Witt did baffle hair scientists with hair that grew more than what people expected so you never know. Personally, I'm happy with 1/2 inch a month.

ITA, I feel like somebody at some point made the 2 inch claim but I am almost positive there were no pics to back them up and/or they were trying to sell a product.

Last edited:
I think these ladies named Ekomba and Den1 used to get more than an inch in a month, and I think Ekomba used to get close to two inches, you can try to search for their posts.

Ekomba's hair grows fast, but I don't think it was 2 inches a month. 2 inches a month would mean she would've had 12 inches by December 2005 (her BC was in June of 2005). By December 2006 she would have had 24 inches more, a total of 36 inches. By December 2007 she's have had another 24 inches bringing her hair to way past her waist goal for 2008 and would be at 60 inches, hair almost as long as I'm tall. Even taking into account breakage from wear and tear, we're talking about 5 feet of hair in two and a half years. :look:

I don't remember Den's hair journey off the top of my head but she also has hair that grows fast and is one of my idols, but I'm yet to see someone who got 24 inches of hair growth in a year.

i naturally get 3/4 inch a month i feel like 2 inches would be impossible because even when i do take growth aids, which i did for one month jus vitamins faithfully i still only made it to a lil more then 3/4 inch a month just shy of 1 inch.... i am guessing when i am preg i still will only be at 1 inch a month and i donno if i could make it to much more./

if someone is claiming it i wanna c photos of it because i dont believe it.

Diane Witt -:nono:

YIKES! What a freakish anomaly! That's actually kind of gross. Amazing, but gross... lol:look:

ETA: Hey her daughter is a very well known actress... Alicia Witt. She played on that show Cybil with Cybil Sheapard. She played Cybil's daughter, the girl with the red hair.

STAR705-alicia-witt.jpg
I remember that show and Alicia, did not know that:grin:

You Ladies remember Edie. She was getting consistent growth like this! I put a quote of her story below.

It took me three years to grow my hair to butt length. I started at shoulder. I usually grow 1 to 1.5 inches per month but some months especially lately I have been getting about 1.75 to 2 inches. I have started on a lot of powdered minerals, coral calcium, cod liver oil, etc. I have also been eating only organic meats (grass fed beef, grain feed chicken, organicly grown vegetables also). My husband pointed out to me that while I was taking a lot supplements, I was not eating right and not exercising the way I should. So I found a good supplier of some very good products (vitamins and minerals) and started eating more real food. There is a company called cocoon nutrition that sells all kinds of supplements for a well body. The owner of the company Stephen Hauer said that the food that we usually buy in the supermarket is not really food (in that it supplies you with all the nutrients that your body needs). The meat is so full of chemical, hormones and other things, that your body does not get the optimum amount of nutrients that it should. He also turned me onto raw milk. Raw milk is milk that is not pasteurized (it's safe though). Pasteurization takes a lot of the good nutrients out of milk that are passed on from the cows that give it. The raw milk is so creamy and good tasting. You will not believe it till you try it. I went to Whole Foods market to get my organic meats and vegetables and have to go to a dairy farm to get the raw milk (it is not legal to sell raw milk in some states). What you do is buy a share of a cow. That's right a share. The share is usually $75.00 per person. That gets you 5 gallons of raw milk a month, plus the jars that you bring it home in. You also have to pay a boarding fee of $14.00 a month for the cow. This one cow is divided up into 5 shares, I think, and four other people besides yourself get the milk from the cow and you each pay for the share and broading fees for the cow. They take care of the cow and make sure that all vet care is provided by them (at no cost to you). The cows are only grass fed.

Now if you go this route to eat more organic food and also to do the raw milk route, I have to warn you that your grocery bill will go up about $200 per month. You can do like I do and buy mostly the organic meats (that's the real killer of our health) from places like whole foods market and only buy organically grown vegetables for salads like carrots (these are fantastic), lettuce, broccoli, tomatoes, cucumbers, etc. from an open air market if you have them in your area. The vegetables there are a little less expensive that whole food market and they are always fresh.

Right now my vitamins and supplements that I get from Cocoon nutrion run about $150.00 per month, but they do exactly what they say they will do. They have a product called Coral Calcium that I absolutely love. It has gotten my body's PH level to normal levels. My energy and sense of well being is fantastic. Go to the web site: http://www.cocoonnutrition.org

Read the testimonial page. I tried some of the products that other people gave testimonies on and this is the first brand that does what it is suppose to do. You can even get a phone consultation by the owner for 20 dollars for ten minutes. Just state to him the health concerns you have and he will recommend products for you to use. And as I said they do work.

Back