2 inches in one month

aileenadq said:
Ekomba:

OK. What's this Colonix, and where do you get it? What is it supposed to do?

TIA

Hey Aileenadq, i read about it in the weight loss/health forum. You get it on www.drnatura.com and it s to cleanse the colon and get rid of all the stuff (fecal matter/worms/bad bacteria,rotten non digested food), i have water retention so my belly sometimes look like i m pregnant :lol: my feet feel heavy so i know i m backed up from years of bad eating habits so i just need a clean slate and start fresh. and when i went to the site and read the testimonials, some lost up to 20lbs! by taking the colonix. Some even 10lb on the belly! and the side effects were clearer skin, shinier hair, weight loss and feeling rejuvenated. I need something to jumpstart my gym program. I m trying to lose 35-40 lbs for the next 3 months before summer hit. it 5mns in the morning and 5 mns in the evening you take some pills in the morning for the worms and a fiber shake and at night you take a tea. You can go to the site or check also the other forum for more info. I m still waiting on mine its pricey 75dol for 1 month supply. or 149 for 3 months recommended . i took the 3 months. i will see if it works. girl if i could get rid of 20lbs right there that would help:lol:

Last edited:
alexei said:
Ekomba, your hair growth is very inspirational.
What is the length in inches now?

Hey Alexei thanks girl :D ;) :p sowry i havent updated in ages :( (im on a braided hiatus throughout the winter;) ) i dont know the length of my hair its always in crown and glory and i m really hibernating during the winter. I stopped measuring the length the day i reached 8 inches. i found it more discouraging so since the summer i been measuring the difference between where my hair ends and my goal length (waistlength:D :eek: :grin: ) i find it more motivating cause i m in a kind of hide your hair all the time, protective styles like braids are really godsent for me cause they help me retain my growth and not manipulate it at all. the cold air is drying my hair out. i was gonna update at the end of the month and maxiglide but i think i m wait another 2-3 months cause i m not really ready to face winter. My hair needs to be under baggy, braids and tons of scarf on it ( lmao:lachen: :grin: :lol: ), so i m able to have nice results. i promise i ll get out of my hibernation stage once winter is over. To get an approximate idea of my length, here s a pix of the last time i had my hair out and stretch it with my hand (it s not permed or flat ironned but i guess the msm makes it more elongated:confused: my hair is weird lol:lol: its coarse but soft 4b thanks to the no poo). The last pix i took with my hair out was august 20,2006 i believe, my hair has grown since then but it s the last pix i took:
august 16

august 20: back comparison shots
(8month progress) small pix jan 2006-large pix august 2006

Front comparison shots:

The last time hubby stretched for me and took the pix the hair , the back was 10.5inches away from waistlength. Since september i havent seen my hair out (crown and glory, braids, twists and more braided styles:lachen: ). i religiously take my designer Whey protein shakes for extra amino acids, my pills, mtg, my hair is itching like crazy daily but i cant wait for the updates to see where it s really at now. After winter i will maxiglide my hair for the first time :eek: i m itching to see where it s at right now all i see is a loooot of new growth :eek: lol i dont look my best lately so i hide in hats lol

Last edited:
I definitely believe Ekomba got the two inches. she doesnt know i am watching her album but i cut my hair bald the same time as ekomba, 17 months ago and at the half inch per month i now have 8.5 inches. she is way past this. so i know its possible. I think because she did the detox and focussed on the vitamins.

amorette said:
does that mean high protein and no carb or low carbs, or just extra protein...also, what about amino acids, they build protein in the body - my beautician told me to get that from whole foods....
Amino acids is the end product of protein, it is what protein breaks down to.

ekomba said:
i also take usually 12,000mg msm, :grin:

Great-Goobly-Goop,
12 thousand milligrams aka 12 grams of MSM, Is MSM water soluble, ladies please let us all know know. I aint gone knock no body routine, cause I look like a weazel head half the time, but I would sorta be scared to take so much of anything. My bottle says take 3-1000mg's/d.:ohwell:

SophiaRose said:
Great-Goobly-Goop,
12 thousand milligrams aka 12 grams of MSM, Is MSM water soluble, ladies please let us all know know. I aint gone knock no body routine, cause I look like a weazel head half the time, but I would sorta be scared to take so much of anything. My bottle says take 3-1000mg's/d.:ohwell:

I was so worried, I researched myself, and here it goes.....

So what exactly is Official MSM is Methylsulfonylmethane. Quite simply MSM is a food that comes from the ocean, is water soluble, and is not a drug, or a food additive. MSM is the 3rd largest ingredient found in the human body.

MSM is a natural form of organic sulfonyl sulfur compound that is found in the fluid of all living organisms. It is present in a variety of foods, including most fresh raw fruits and green vegetables, milk, meat, seafood, and some grains. It is also found in many common beverages such as milk, coffee and tea. It is, in essence, a pure white, odorless, essentially tasteless, water-soluble crystalline solid sulfur powder.

Why does MSM help with the development of longer and stronger hair? Various scientific studies have proven that MSM contributes a definite normalizing effect on body functions.
The sulfur normally provided to the body by MSM is required for healthy collagen and keratin which are essential for healthy hair, skin and nails. MSM also has proven antioxidant benefits which can disrupt or alter damaging chain reactions of lipid peroxidation in the cell membranes.
MSM is considered to be one of the safest substances in biology, similar in toxicity to water. MSM and its related compounds are the source of 85 percent of the sulfur found in all living organisms. Many researchers believe that sulfur, is a sorely neglected mineral nutrient and plays an indispensable role in human nutrition.
MSM is volatile and is easily lost during even moderate processing. Cooking, drying, smoking, pickling, and long-term storage can deplete the MSM content of food. Unless the human diet is composed primarily of raw foods, it is unlikely that sufficient MSM will be ingested to significantly contribute to the nutritional sulfur requirement.
MSM Sulfonyl Is Safe

Sulfonyl Sulfur, which is a key ingredient of MSM, should not be confused with other ingredients like sulfa, sulfite or sulfate. Sulfa, sulfite and/or sulfate are harmful derivatives of the sulfur family which the body does not need and is not in any way included in MSM.
Sulfa is used in wounds to burn and cauterize while sulfites are put in common foods to prevent the bugs from eating them, and sulfates are used in lunch meats and sausages to preserve them.
Some people may be allergic to sulfa's, sulfites, and sulfates which are part of the sulfur family like MSM.
The sulfonyl in MSM is nutritional, and it is extremely rare that humans are ever allergic to it. Remember, all human bodies require MSM.

Guess I can up my dosage to 5000mg/d, hehehehehehe!!!

Last edited:
Such an inspirational post! Ekomba, I've been stalking your album since before I decided to joing LHCF as a member! I think I will also try the Colonix as a New Years resolution to clean my body of toxins. Thanks, for sharing your long hair journey with us!

jayjaycurlz :)

seraphinelle said:
I don't know who said about what protein breaks into, but she's saying the same thing that you said about amino acids being the basic structural units of proteins.

Protein is made up of amino acids
amino acids are structural units of protein.

Perhaps you are thinking of it from purely a what proteins are MADE OF perspective (complex CHAINS of amino acids) , as a nutritional understudy, when I see PROTIENS BREAKDOWN into something, I'm thinking in terms of the digestive process and what HAPPENS TO the proteins (being broken down into polypeptides and further into INDIVIDUAL amino acids). :cool:

VWVixxen said:
Perhaps you are thinking of it from purely a what proteins are MADE OF perspective (complex CHAINS of amino acids) , as a nutritional understudy, when I see PROTIENS BREAKDOWN into something, I'm thinking in terms of the digestive process and what HAPPENS TO the proteins (being broken down into polypeptides and further into INDIVIDUAL amino acids). :cool:

I don't see the difference.

You included the penultimate step; but ultimately, what is the building block of protein?

What do individual amino acids build?

Same thing really. I mean, not to over complicate things. *winks*

amorette said:
I've heard that people are able to achieve these results, has anyone out there done this and how...and for how many months were you able to maintain the 2 inch per month growth?

There used to be a poster under Jade21 (back in the day) who achieved this constantly. She had some great info but I don't think is on here any longer. Hadn't seen any posts from her. But I think one of her secrets was seaweed, if I can recall. Her hair was about mid-thigh length.

I am on The Mermaid Diet myself.:)

ekomba said:
Hey Amorette i was able to obtain that back to back for 2 months straight before i run out of everything. for me it was a combination of high protein diet, mtg, vitamins,msm and cowashes. I was applying the mtg daily with baggie method. i m hoping to get back the same results monthly:grin: as i reordered and started using my mtg on feb21 after stopping for 2-3months, i m currently taking the gueye s growth system i loooooooove their fast growth hair oil its the best detangler and my husband that has 3c hair and tangled hair its great to untangle everything and i love the peppermint smell. what i do morning i put gueye s oil and wgo and at night mtg daily, i also take usually 12,000mg msm, 4 gueyes vits (2 in the morning two at lunch)4 foti, 2 vitol great hair, 2 shen min,6 puritan pride biotin but in the past i was also taking Nature s bounty EPO 1500 and multivit and natures made super b complex. i also did take two designer whey protein shakes french vanilla and i run out and it made me gain weight also so i think everything the shakes , the high protein diet (eggs,almonds,chicken,boca patties, veggies,) the vits, the mtg and i was washing my hair every 3days no shampoo contributed to my getting 2" a month back to back it stopped when i run out of most of my supplements i just received everything and i m back on track to the tried and tested method i m stick to what works for me:grin:

Shalom shalom ekomba!!

Make sure that when you take protein shakes....that you work out. Taking it alone will make you gain weight, as it helps those who build muscle. (Muscle is heavier than fat.)

Peace!
Tsipy

Thanks Sexyma, Zailless, Jayjaycurlz :) :D :p and thanks SophiaRose for your concern and for looking out! great info by the way!;)

tsiporah said:
Shalom shalom ekomba!!

Make sure that when you take protein shakes....that you work out. Taking it alone will make you gain weight, as it helps those who build muscle. (Muscle is heavier than fat.)

Peace!
Tsipy

Thanks Tsiporah you soooooooooo right!!!! :D :lol: last year i upped my designer whey protein shakes to 2 scoops a day and i got so fat:lol: i wasnt exercising.So i had deducted that if i take protein shakes and do nothing specially two scoops i get bigger :mad: :( back then, i related and wrote everything with vits and all in my journal that hasnt been touched since i cant even remember but those passages are still there :lachen: i got lazy writing in it daily lol that s the link: http://journals.fotki.com/ekomba/

and yes i remember Jade21 too, when i used to lurk i used to have her diary and journal saved to my computer and bookmarked to my favourites but i tried recently and the links dont work anymore :( but it s ok it s among one of my numerous lhcf files hehe i still have all her info and regimen in one of my lurking notebooks haha:cool: i m bad i know i m hair lurker but i always write down people regimen of hair that inspires me lol:lol:

hey ekomba- you dissappeared for a minute- i want to post more pics - updated on my signature page - like you did - how do i do that?

amorette said:
hey ekomba- you dissappeared for a minute- i want to post more pics - updated on my signature page - like you did - how do i do that?

Hey Amorette wassup girl? sorry for the late reply to your question :( i just seen it! ok if you want to post pics in your signature like mine you have the choice of a big one or a small thumbnail in your fotki, here s what you do:

1. first you add the pix to your fotki

2.then you click on the pix, it will say underneath the pix: edit your photo properties, add your comment or share photo. You click on share photo

3. When you click on share, if you want to send the photo as a link on your email/IM and the 3rd one for journals
So dont click on those, bypass them underneath those codes, it will say more sharing options or close, click on more sharing options

4. After you clicked on more sharing options, first of all look on top of your photo, you will see 2 options of how you want the pix and the button next, it will say available sizes the first one is the big size and the other one thumbnail size. you will see 3 codes appear underneath your photo, those are not the ones u want ( the first one is if you want to use your photo as your background on myspace it s the url of your photo, but anyway when you click on either album size or thumbnail it will show you the size as it will appear on the forum, so click either on album size ( big one) or thumbnail ( small one)

5.Make sure that you click on the right size cause the codes will be different and are not the same for album and thumbnail sizes from this depends your codes. You will get 5 codes after u click on one size: the one you want for this forum or any forum like this one vBulletin forums version is the 2nd one : click on 2nd one. (mental note though the 3rd one is good for putting on your myspace or hi5 page or any site/page/blog that requires html)

6. Paste your second code inside your reply or signature post. for the signature post u just go to UserCP and click on edit signature on the top left and voila and paste the 2nd code in the sig .

7. But now extremely important you dont specially want people to know you just pasted from your fotki if it s my space blog and you keep seeing hosted by fotki here is the trick and that i do on all my pages be it myspace, hi5 and the forum, you delete the last part of the code. it will be easy to locate some delete wrong and just a portion of it here s what it looks like the part that you delete ( of course if u dont mind it s ok but if you have a website and want to post an image lol it s best to erase hihi):

(url=http://www.fotki.com]Hosted on Fotki/url)

you see in my example people make the mistake of only deleting this:( Hosted on Fotki[/url] )instead of the whole thing (url=http://www.fotki.comHosted on Fotki/url] )so it disappears completely instead of having the code showing on the page.

Hope the detailed one helps Amorette lol it took me time to figure out too i m computer challenged i just tried one day to erase the little part made all the mistakes above, tried all the links hahaha yeah i know i have time to waste to see what it does lol but hehe u live and learn! :D

Last edited:
ekomba said:
Hey Amorette wassup girl? sorry for the late reply to your question :( i just seen it! ok if you want to post pics in your signature like mine you have the choice of a big one or a small thumbnail in your fotki, here s what you do:

1. first you add the pix to your fotki

2.then you click on the pix, it will say underneath the pix: edit your photo properties, add your comment or share photo. You click on share photo

3. When you click on share, if you want to send the photo as a link on your email/IM and the 3rd one for journals
So dont click on those, bypass them underneath those codes, it will say more sharing options or close, click on more sharing options

4. After you clicked on more sharing options, first of all look on top of your photo, you will see 2 options of how you want the pix and the button next, it will say available sizes the first one is the big size and the other one thumbnail size. you will see 3 codes appear underneath your photo, those are not the ones u want ( the first one is if you want to use your photo as your background on myspace it s the url of your photo, but anyway when you click on either album size or thumbnail it will show you the size as it will appear on the forum, so click either on album size ( big one) or thumbnail ( small one)

5.Make sure that you click on the right size cause the codes will be different and are not the same for album and thumbnail sizes from this depends your codes. You will get 5 codes after u click on one size: the one you want for this forum or any forum like this one vBulletin forums version is the 2nd one : click on 2nd one. (mental note though the 3rd one is good for putting on your myspace or hi5 page or any site/page/blog that requires html)

6. Paste your second code inside your reply or signature post. for the signature post u just go to UserCP and click on edit signature on the top left and voila and paste the 2nd code in the sig .

7. But now extremely important you dont specially want people to know you just pasted from your fotki if it s my space blog and you keep seeing hosted by fotki here is the trick and that i do on all my pages be it myspace, hi5 and the forum, you delete the last part of the code. it will be easy to locate some delete wrong and just a portion of it here s what it looks like the part that you delete ( of course if u dont mind it s ok but if you have a website and want to post an image lol it s best to erase hihi):

(url=http://www.fotki.com]Hosted on Fotki/url)

you see in my example people make the mistake of only deleting this:( Hosted on Fotki[/url] )instead of the whole thing (url=http://www.fotki.comHosted on Fotki/url] )so it disappears completely instead of having the code showing on the page.

Hope the detailed one helps Amorette lol it took me time to figure out too i m computer challenged i just tried one day to erase the little part made all the mistakes above, tried all the links hahaha yeah i know i have time to waste to see what it does lol but hehe u live and learn! :D

Ekomba, you are one beautiful lady, and I have a feeling that you are just as beautiful on the inside as you are on the outside.

gn1g said:
Ekomba, you are one beautiful lady, and I have a feeling that you are just as beautiful on the inside as you are on the outside.

aww you so sweet Gn1g!!!! lol u made me blush:p i subscribed to that thread and read the email lol i didnt know u were talking about me:lol: thank you!!!!:D

I relaxed 2 weeks ago and I already have 1 inch of new growth. I'm hoping I get another inch in the next 2 weeks...last month I was almost able to reach 2".

I currently take MSM, Biotin, and use WGO. I have been exercising, drinking a lot of water, and eating organic foods for the past 4 or 5 weeks so that might have something to do with it.

I've heard that people are able to achieve these results, has anyone out there done this and how...and for how many months were you able to maintain the 2 inch per month growth?

wow i did not realized that thread was that old? 2 years ago lol i need to look up and reread what i used to take back then i m not finished shopping for march but so far so good i m getting great growth from the twinlab amino fuel, designer whey protein shake, nature made super b complex, vitol hair nails and skin et multivit and i definetely know that when i m gonna add my last top ingredient the Freeda biotin 10mg the growth will skyrocket like before ok its almost spring i m on a roll. i m scheduled tomorrow at Elia hairsalon for a relaxer and a blue black rinse.

i m really rethinking my regimen for spring summer. i was gonna do crown and glory but some braiders last year braided too tight and left me with alopecia in the crown the hair was attached to the weave and when i took it off whole strands left and it was bold not even one hair but thanks to mtg and some products applied day in day out that area regrew its 2inch now :rolleyes: so i m no longer weaving nor braiding even though i was really tempted. what i do i just pinned the hair or use a brooch for hair to hold it in place.
my new regimen i m not ever washing my own hair: every 2 weeks at the domenicans wash deep cond, set and blowout. at home nada!!!just serum everyday and pinned the whole time and satin cap to sleep so NO MANIPULATION, NO COMBING, NO POO, NO NOTHING and vits vits vits excellent diet (hehe the key is to retain). then every 8weeks retouch perm and blue black rinse sistematically. there you have it my regimen. twice a month: wash set deep cond, blow at the Elia hairsalon. once every two months perm and blue black rinse. lets see if by keeping a simple routine where i never get in contact with my hair i will get better result just a pin or a chouchou to hold the hair in place thats it folks hehe

lol, sounds like my regimen. I was manipulating too much at home when I was doing it myself. So, I'm gonna see how this works out for me. I'll give it 6 months to see some results. I'm trying to be full MBL by my birthday this year (Oct) :grin:.

wow i did not realized that thread was that old? 2 years ago lol i need to look up and reread what i used to take back then i m not finished shopping for march but so far so good i m getting great growth from the twinlab amino fuel, designer whey protein shake, nature made super b complex, vitol hair nails and skin et multivit and i definetely know that when i m gonna add my last top ingredient the Freeda biotin 10mg the growth will skyrocket like before ok its almost spring i m on a roll. i m scheduled tomorrow at Elia hairsalon for a relaxer and a blue black rinse.

i m really rethinking my regimen for spring summer. i was gonna do crown and glory but some braiders last year braided too tight and left me with alopecia in the crown the hair was attached to the weave and when i took it off whole strands left and it was bold not even one hair but thanks to mtg and some products applied day in day out that area regrew its 2inch now :rolleyes: so i m no longer weaving nor braiding even though i was really tempted. what i do i just pinned the hair or use a brooch for hair to hold it in place.
my new regimen i m not ever washing my own hair: every 2 weeks at the domenicans wash deep cond, set and blowout. at home nada!!!just serum everyday and pinned the whole time and satin cap to sleep so NO MANIPULATION, NO COMBING, NO POO, NO NOTHING and vits vits vits excellent diet (hehe the key is to retain). then every 8weeks retouch perm and blue black rinse sistematically. there you have it my regimen. twice a month: wash set deep cond, blow at the Elia hairsalon. once every two months perm and blue black rinse. lets see if by keeping a simple routine where i never get in contact with my hair i will get better result just a pin or a chouchou to hold the hair in place thats it folks hehe

ekomba your hair grows so fast. I'm thinking about getting that amino fuel.

If I could get 1/2 inch per month I'd be happy I barely 1/4 monthly:ohwell:

I don't think I've had 2 inches, but I think I've had an inch to an inch and a half. I did mine with MN and vits mostly.

My current regi is co-washes at least once a week, my regular salon wash weekly, pre-pooing, DCing, vits (biotin, l-lysiene, folic acid and a woman's multi-vitamin), water, exercise.

My diet still sucks, I bet i could get to close to 2"...maybe not every month, but at least every relaxer (which is 6-10 weeks) if i ate better.

I think a lot of growth is based on hereditary and genes. my hair has always grown pretty quickly and is pretty thick. my hair thinned out with breakage last year and since i've been on my regi since december, it's been getting back to its original thickness.

i think it's important to get to know you hair cycle and to not keep your hair in the growth cycle for too long.

That's my .02....

ekomba , you are such a sweetie
Thank you for sharing

I will have to spend a million dollars this month but I still love you .

I'm taking most of your advise to the health food store ..I'm on a mission for a 1 to 1 1/2 inches per month. With Spring approaching and my new additional arsenal ...there is nothing left to do but grow ..grow ... grow :eyebrows2:eyebrows2

I have adapted a similar regimen.
For the next few months (until it gets warm)
Going to the salon once per month to wash and blow dry, wear hair in pin curled or protective styles for two weeks. 2nd week wash deep condition, wear natural for 2 weeks (during which I'll deep condition 2 times per week) then start the process over again. I think this will help with less manipulation.

Hey Growinstrong great!!!et me know how it goes with your regimen. Same thing here:grin:too much manipulation for me girl; my hair started shedding like no business and could not stop. I did not know if it was because i came back from africa and with the cold hair, the shedding began,maybe due to a drop or change of temperature i thought; plus i used my ceramic iron wayyyyy overboard. i threw it anyway. i kept shedding until i did a search on lhcf (ALLLELLUIAAAAA:creatures)LOL about domenicans hair salons and went to Elia Hairsalon (amsterdam ave and 101street). i was impressed by the way they wash the hair (i just took a wash set blowout) wowwww the way they really wash it vigorously i felt i was in for a treat and since then i dont ever want to wash my hair :lachen::lachen::lachen: I m stay focused for the regimen and my hairdresser a pretty domenican with midback hair gave me also good advice and same regimen she told me at home to wrap my hair pin it for 2 weeks, so i wash it every 2 weeks with deep cond there (hehe it gives time for my vits to work hehehe

Thanks Locabouthair you so sweet! but i wont lie for me its mostly the vits coupled with the amino fuel, protein shakes and a low manipulation regimen. i had to go back to vits but i think its great to stop them from time to time and retake them so it works better and starts the itching again lol. i realize i dont know how to wash my hair properly lol when i see the way those domenicans wash i now know that i used to mess my self relaxers and i dont detangle nicely.

I have adapted a similar regimen.
For the next few months (until it gets warm)
Going to the salon once per month to wash and blow dry, wear hair in pin curled or protective styles for two weeks. 2nd week wash deep condition, wear natural for 2 weeks (during which I'll deep condition 2 times per week) then start the process over again. I think this will help with less manipulation.

U and me both Hair Iam, i will wrap pin and protect it for 2 weeks and then go for a wash and every two months perm.

i do have a small update. my last perm was dec 28,07 in france. i permed with affirm and got a forced haircut :wallbash:(wellll u know scissor happy hairdressers they dont even give you time to breathe and every thing is on the floor:rolleyes:hum)
Today march 3, i went back to Elia hairsalon to get a touch up. this time i tried Mizani. i loooooved it. i found it gives my hair more bounce than the affirm that left my hair flat the first day. i still have volume. only bad thing they did not base but i hard no burns at all and i m happy she did not overlap and just touch the new growth. i also did a blue black rinse yeah. let me post some pics. thanks to the vits so i m keep it up by summer i should be well on my way...
i m so happy it took me time to realize that if i could just stop manipulating so much, retain WHAT i grow and get extra help from my vits and diet, i'd be such a happy camper:rolleyes::grin:
TOUCHUP WITH MIZANI AT ELIA HAIRSALON (MARCH 3) LETS KEEP UP WITH THE VITS!!!

Last edited:
Back