Anybody use Roux Mendex?

JLove74

I'm reading the directions and it says to leave on for 1 min & rinse well. Do you follow with a moisturizing conditioner afterwards?

I used it for a condition wash a few weeks ago. I kept it on for about 5 minutes (long enough to detangle) and rinsed. My hair felt really nice. I started a thread about it, but I dont think that anyone has even heard of it.

goldensensation said:
I used it for a condition wash a few weeks ago. I kept it on for about 5 minutes (long enough to detangle) and rinsed. My hair felt really nice. I started a thread about it, but I dont think that anyone has even heard of it.

I hadn't heard of it either until I was browsing around Sally's and the saleslady saw me reading the packing and busted out w/ "That's some good stuff & it makes your hair reall soft"

I left it in for about 5 min too and follwed w/ Aveda Damage remedy condish. My hair feels soooooo soft right now.

This will be a staple for sure :)

This was one of my staples years ago. I always applied to my hair and left it on for about 20 minutes. I never followed up with a moisturizing conditioner. It always left my hair feeling really strong and soft.

I used to use it way back in the day when i was relaxed. i don't recall following up with a moisturizing conditioner afterwards. its a great product though.

I have a bottle of it and I have been using it after relaxers BEFORE neutralizing. I like that it has a low ph, too.

joyous said:
This was one of my staples years ago. I always applied to my hair and left it on for about 20 minutes. I never followed up with a moisturizing conditioner. It always left my hair feeling really strong and soft.

Same here. I loved it back in the day; would sit with it for about 10 minutes with a heating cap.

Resurrecting this thread for recent reviews.
I tried it today. I think I like it but I need to find the right moisturizing conditioner to mix or follow it up with. I mixed it with ORS Replenishing and some EVOO this time and that didn't quite do the trick.
Anybody still use this? What, if any, conditioners do you pair it with?

Is it a protein treatment like Aphogee? Never tried it although I have tried the Roux Porosity Control. I use it right before my DC and I like the softness it contributes.

I recently used this because I discovered my hair was overly porous. I did the first treatment and my hair responded well. The second time, my hair felt FANTASTIC!!!

I have a blog and did a review on this product. It really helps restore the balance in your hair. I couldn't figure out for the life of me why my hair was so dry even after moisturizing. It didn't have that "slip" that is so revered.

But now, my hair has returned to normal. I let it sit for three minutes and rinse followed my a moisturizing conditioner. I also used it the other day after doing my corrective and it made my hair feel really good. Better than it has felt in years.

Sorry...I know Im gushing...

I'm not really sure. There is collagen in it so maybe so? Here is the packaging literature:

Roux MENDEX Hair Repair Treatment - 15.2oz bottle
Hair Repair Treatment
Puts the brakes on breakage
Helps mend split ends
Self adjusting formula - never over softens.

Mendex is specially formulated to help repair damaged hair. It helps prevent hair breakage and helps mend split ends. Mendex gives beautiful shine, adding new vitality to dry, brittle hair.

And the ingredients:
INGREDIENTS: WATER, GLYCOL STEARATE, PEG-4 DISTEARATE, LANOLIN, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, TEA-COCOYLHYDROLYZED COLLAGEN, STEARAMIDOPINOPYL, DIMETHYLAMINE, PEG/PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE, LACTIC ACID, FRAGRANCE, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, METHYLCHLORISOTHIAZOLIONE, METHYLSOTHIAZOLIONE

Sounds like a maybe light to medium protein treatment to me. Is the ORS replen pak a light protein as well? It may been a little bit much protein for your hair depending on your hair type and whether it's fine, medium, or coarse. IDK. Maybe try using it alone without adding anything. Then follow up with your moisturizing condish. I use SE Mega Cholesterol Conditioning Treament for my DC. Thick, creamy and gives great slip and softness.

I use that AND Porosity Control. These two items are a MUST HAVE!!!

Roux Mendex:

roux_mendex.jpg

Roux Porosity Control:

DSC04705-vi.jpg

I bought it in the tiny sample-sized bottle recently, but I haven't tried it yet. I'm interested to know as well.

Then maybe I need to look into the Mendex. I have the porosity control and at first I wasn't using it right. It would be my last step after poo and DC and my hair felt like straw, so hard and tangled. So Sqzbly recommended that I use it before my DC. I did and haven't looked back. I also use it on relaxer days.
The mendex sounds good though.

It is really good. I knew something was wrong because my hair had this weird reddish tint. I started doing research on porosity and that is a symptom of overly porous hair. I brought all the Silk elements DC and the most moisturizing products. I did whole head baggies but nothing seemed to work.

I ran to Sally's and brought the Roux. It took two treatments for my hair to finally feel NORMAL! It's especially good if you use right after a relaxer.

I did a corrective the other day as I stated before, put the Roux on for two minutes and followed with an ORS DC.

I can't stop running my fingers through my hair!

Laidbak--i sent you a pm.

Just adding (so off-topic) that the Porosity Control is miraculous though! I had moisture overload for the first time in my life the week after I used Porosity Control, not doing anything differently than usual either. :grin: (I know moisture overload is not considered good, but it's miraculous for my hair to even get moisturized, PERIOD-- eternal dryness sufferer here!) So I am giving all the Roux products a try now. :yep:

Just adding (so off-topic) that the Porosity Control is miraculous though! I had moisture overload for the first time in my life the week after I used Porosity Control, not doing anything differently than usual either. :grin: (I know moisture overload is not considered good, but it's miraculous for my hair to even get moisturized, PERIOD-- eternal dryness sufferer here!) So I am giving all the Roux products a try now. :yep:
So you had over-moisturized hair AFTER using the porosity control? Did you keep using the porosity control or did it correct on its own? I wonder why that was Shan?

So you had over-moisturized hair AFTER using the porosity control? Did you keep using the porosity control or did it correct on its own? I wonder why that was Shan?

It was the week after. Initially after I used it, I didn't think it had made much difference. So I kept on with my daily moisturizing. The next shampoo day I pre-pooed with Joico MR and when I rinsed that out, my hair felt like overcooked noodles. That's never happened to me before, no matter what I pre-poo with. I used Aphogee 2 minute afterwards and that brought it somewhat back to normal, but I'm just laying low on the moisture for the rest of the week.

I've seen this product in the BSS alot. I was curious but I never bought. I may tried it after I remove my braids.

Love the Mendex Hair Repair Treatment and follow it with a good moisturizing dc. I personally don't think ORS Replenishing is enough moisture. I like NTM, Pantene R&N Mask, AOHR, KMC or something along those lines w/heat afterward. My hair is always super strong and adequately moisturized.

Back