Anybody use Roux Mendex?

Thanks for your response Sheba. SO, is the mendex a hard core treatment? and I read in your post that you use the porosity control before you deep condition?

You're welcome, Tri3nity. I've never used the Roux but I got the impression that it was medium-level when I was reading through this thread.

Definitely thinking about it for when I run out of my current protein stash. Although my PJ ways have me thinking that could be a while :look:

Yep, I use the porosity control on the days that I shampoo before I DC. I would never have thought to do that if it wasn't for AtlantaJJ's post about the Joico 17 minute miracle. I substitute my own products in that order.

Last edited:
i use this every wednesday 10 minutes with heat, no complaints here! i believe it's a light protein it doesn't make the hair hard at all and really curbs breakage but you have to continue using it.i've been using it for 3 months.

Last edited:
I just got finished from using Mendex and it made my hair stronger and I did not use another conditioner afterward. It's a keeper!

the only thing I don't like is the smell which is like paint.

are you ladies mixing these with any other conditioners or are you using it alone? I broke down and went to Sally's. Bought a sample of them both. I am a YTC :bdance:fanatic now. I have used it twice and my hair is loving it! I'm thinking I will add the mendex to my prepoo and the porosity to the hair and scalp mask.

PC & Mendex are the BOMB!!!! My hair improved by leaps & bounds after I started using them. I just started using them on my mother's severely damaged hair (she finally let me at it) and there is a noticeable difference after one treatment.

Definitely give it a try.

I used Mendex this past weekend and loved it. I sat under a heating cap for 30 minutes, then followed up with Aussie Moist (1st time using that too) and my hair was SO perfect. My bun is on point today ;-) I plan on doing this twice a month.

just sat under my steamer with this for 10 minutes - then used the PC for 30 seconds and put in aubrey organics honeysucklerose and am sitting under the steamer for 30 minutes - will let you know how it goes.

Yeah i've been using Mendex for about 6 weeks and my breakage and shedding has dramatically been reduced. I'm amazed at the amount of hair that I DO NOT lose on wash day! At $15 for a bottle it is well worth it...a little goes a long way!

A few questions
Are any of you ladies still using the mendex treatment?
Are you using it with or without heat?
How long are you leaving it in for?
Are you natural or relaxed? Tia

my mom has been using this for the past 5months, her hair was severley damaged thin and breaking because she dyed her hair and got a relaxer within one week. now her hair is soo thick and full and shiny.after seeing how her hair did a complete 360 i might give it a try
and just to add, she uses the entire Roux line not just the mendex

Back