Anybody use Roux Mendex?

I just got in from Sally's....I'm stretching my relaxer and this week I noticed a little breakage after co-washing and I want to stop it NOW...So I saw the Roux Mendex and thought I'd get it.....I see ladies here have nothing but good things to say so we'll see.....

I use Mendex and I really like it. I don't follow with any other conditioner except on relaxer days I follow up with porosity control. Ever since I've been using Roux products my hair has been both strong and moisturized. No daily moisturizing needed. I don't even use a heat protector when I flat iron and I've had no damage due to heat. I also use their Alpha 5 in 1 correction shampoo, and the porosity control line. These have been my staples since January. As much of a product junkie as I am I actually haven't bought any other shampoos or conditioners since I started using these.

I liked it it was good....but i prefer the roux moisture recovery packs...helps with breakage A LOT
Where did you find this and what does the package look like? Is it a milder protein tx?

I used the Mendex and like it. This week I mixed my left over with my DC and I like the results. I will definitely get another mini bottle.

Off-topic: Has anyone ever mixed the porosity control with there DC to help with porosity issues?

:bump:
Bumping for more input on Menxex and specifically for feedback on the effect it has on relaxed and natural hair, if there is any difference.

Does anyone know if it is similar to Duo-Tex?

Do u use this? How do you like the product? I remember my mom's stylist used to use this on her hair ALL THE TIME. She swore by it.

Can you find the sample pack at the BSS? I've seen these products, but never in a sample pack.

I just got a small bottle (1.7 oz) yesterday of Mendex and porosity Control since I'm just trying for the first time. $1.99 each.

I have used it and it works pretty well....also the roux moisture recovery pack is the bomb for breakage

I didn't see this at Sally's. Where did you find it?

Hi, Ladies can Naturals and or Transitioners use this as well?

Thanks for asking!

It is really good. I knew something was wrong because my hair had this weird reddish tint. I started doing research on porosity and that is a symptom of overly porous hair. I brought all the Silk elements DC and the most moisturizing products. I did whole head baggies but nothing seemed to work.

I ran to Sally's and brought the Roux. It took two treatments for my hair to finally feel NORMAL! It's especially good if you use right after a relaxer.

I did a corrective the other day as I stated before, put the Roux on for two minutes and followed with an ORS DC.

I can't stop running my fingers through my hair!

Laidbak--i sent you a pm.

Thank you for the information you gave in bold. Very helpful as I did not know that.

The difference is one is to mend split ends. The other is to make your hair more porosous. (Able to suck up moisture)

Bosslady1 do you actually use these products? Cause you don't quite seem to have a handle on what they do (no offense).

PC brings your hair pH to where it needs to be (closing the cuticles and whatnot). Thus making it LESS POROUS, not more; and able to RETAIN moisture, not suck it up.
Mendex is a treatment for breakage. I do agree that nothing can permanently fix split ends.

Anniev2 I use them both and they have been instrumental in turning my hair completely around. My hair was dry, porous, breaking, and yes, had that reddish tint mentioned earlier in the thread. In just a few months time I have a healthy head of hair well on its way to my goal of BSL. I use the PC every time I wet my hair (wash or cowash) and I use the Mendex once a month.

If you have issues give them a try. They've been around for years and have helped many a head recover from damage.
HTH

Does anyone know where I can find either the packets or the bottle of the Mendex in the Chicagoland area? I have been to all the bss that I frequent (including Sally's) with to no avail.

Thanks Ladies!

I just bought a trial size bottle of both the PC and this Mendex. I didn't really see much on it when I would search Roux but I'll let you know when I use it and my results.

I just bought a trial size bottle of both the PC and this Mendex. I didn't really see much on it when I would search Roux but I'll let you know when I use it and my results.

Hey there, you'll find lots of info on how to use the porosity control here: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=341855

I love PC. I use it once a week to keep my porosity in check (even on the weeks I don't shampoo). Forgot what a tangle was after I heard about the 7 minute miracle mentioned in the thread above. It's actually a series of steps created by Joico, but I just plug my own products in. I follow the steps below every other week or whenever I shampoo.

1. Shampoo
2. Porosity step - I use Porosity Control
3. Reconstruct - this finally makes sense to me being after the porosity step. I think it reinforces the cuticles being down. This would be a great place for your roux mendex.
4. Deep condition - I'm sure you have a few faves. If I'm in a rush and I'm really doing the 7 minute process I use GVP matrix biolage knock off conditioning balm and leave it in for only the 3 minutes with cap

I use that AND Porosity Control. These two items are a MUST HAVE!!!

Roux Mendex:

roux_mendex.jpg

Roux Porosity Control:

DSC04705-vi.jpg

I also use the pc and Roux phase 2 which has an even lower ph to help close my cuticles. I might give mendex a try.

mendex is the bees knees!!! i love it better than aphogee 2 step. it makes my hair feel SUPER strong.

I'm currently using Mendex but I haven't formed an opionion yet, I'm waiting to see if it does what it claims.

I had one of the Smaller Bottles of the Mendex which I used 1/2 a couple weeks ago for about 10 minutes with Plastic Cap. I liked it.

I really would like to find a Larger Bottle (like the size of the PC), If I could find it, I'd definitely get it to add to my Stash of Protein/Reconstructors and make it part of my Regimen.:yep:

I found it!!

The Cosmos bs on 63rd and Cottage Grove has it in the larger bottles for $8.99. I had to WASH OFF a layer of dust though :lachen: But hey, at least I finally found it! The jury is still out on my results....I've only used it once.

Bump!
So I passed up on the mendex and the porosity control at my BSS for the Nexxus Ensure at Walgreens. Could I benefit from having them as well? :greedy: Somebody let me know, I have my purse on my shoulder and my keys in my hands! :badgirl:

Bump!
So I passed up on the mendex and the porosity control at my BSS for the Nexxus Ensure at Walgreens. Could I benefit from having them as well? :greedy: Somebody let me know, I have my purse on my shoulder and my keys in my hands! :badgirl:
Porosity control will always and forever have my vote as a must have :yep: The Roux is a good one to get if you're in need of a nice protein treat.

Porosity control will always and forever have my vote as a must have :yep: The Roux is a good one to get if you're in need of a nice protein treat.

Thanks for your response Sheba. SO, is the mendex a hard core treatment? and I read in your post that you use the porosity control before you deep condition?

Back