ANY RELAXED HEADS DO WASH AND GOS?????

blackindia07

Hello all....Ive been very curious about something....Ive noticed that most women on the site that do curly/coily wash and gos are natural.

I am one year texlaxed and was always relaxed bone straight prior to that.

Im the summer I LOVE to rock my wash and gos with my curly, squiggly, poofy, frizzy mess of a mop top! :grin: (the bigger I can get my hair the better!) And I have been trying to get advice from others that wash and go but Im a little reluctant now because Im afraid that products may not work the same on my relaxed hair.

Are there any other woman out there who relax and wear their wet hair out with curls? If so...what do you use?

TIA

Attachments

• 0_1.jpg
    0_1.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 347
  • 0_2.jpg
    0_2.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 286
  • 0_3.jpg
    0_3.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
This was something that I was also curious about but never thought to ask the lchf ladies! Thanks for posting the question!

When I am not PS, I do wash and go's. Usually when my hair is freshly relaxed. I'll do it for the first 4 weeks once or twice a week.
I CW my hair with whatever is near...currently in lust...ermm love with SKALA products. I slather whatever conditioner that's handy on...am a bit heavy handed when my hair is dripping wet. I'll finger comb the product thru my hair and the squeez excess out with water. I don't towel dry it at all if I'm doing a wash and go. Usually it's still dripping a bit and then seal with CO or an oil mixture (EVOO, CO, SBO and JO). I have them all mixed together in a lil bottle and shake it up squeeze into my palm...mmm maybe about nickle size circle of oil....rub my hands together and then rub the palms from the top of my head down along the length of my hair. Then using my hands gather my hair into a ponytail and continue rubbing the oil into the hair paying special attention to the ends. I shake my hair and finger comb it into whatever style (part in middle, part on side) and let it air dry.

I saw somewhere today about putting the oil in after the hair has dried some so the next time I do a WnG, I'll try that to see how it goes.

The one thing I do notice is that DC seem to work best for me. I mean they hold the curls in place and don't get the frizzies. My hair is softer to the touch and truly it feels like silk.
HTH

i use to wear wash and goes but I cant do them anymore because henna completely straightened my curls :(. Now I have to do braidouts for curls.

When I did wash and go I loved Fantasia ic gel clear. Hair with fantasia gel.
150-vi.jpg

I also use to love Fx Special Effects Curls Up Curl Reactivator & Defrizzant
470006.jpg
hair with special fx and fantasia ic gel
014-vi-1.jpg

Its really hard to find, but the combo of that and fantasia ic gel gave me nice loose curls

When I am not PS, I do wash and go's. Usually when my hair is freshly relaxed. I'll do it for the first 4 weeks once or twice a week.
I CW my hair with whatever is near...currently in lust...ermm love with SKALA products. I slather whatever conditioner that's handy on...am a bit heavy handed when my hair is dripping wet. I'll finger comb the product thru my hair and the squeez excess out with water. I don't towel dry it at all if I'm doing a wash and go. Usually it's still dripping a bit and then seal with CO or an oil mixture (EVOO, CO, SBO and JO). I have them all mixed together in a lil bottle and shake it up squeeze into my palm...mmm maybe about nickle size circle of oil....rub my hands together and then rub the palms from the top of my head down along the length of my hair. Then using my hands gather my hair into a ponytail and continue rubbing the oil into the hair paying special attention to the ends. I shake my hair and finger comb it into whatever style (part in middle, part on side) and let it air dry.

I saw somewhere today about putting the oil in after the hair has dried some so the next time I do a WnG, I'll try that to see how it goes.

The one thing I do notice is that DC seem to work best for me. I mean they hold the curls in place and don't get the frizzies. My hair is softer to the touch and truly it feels like silk.
HTH

To date I have to say Ive had the best results mixing various oil in my neutrogena triple moisture leave in conditioner. But what I hated about that was the "sometiminess" :lachen: If I put too much oil my hair would be flat....if there wasnt enough my hair would be buffy. I would like to use one product consistently...no surprises! LOL

i use to wear wash and goes but I cant do them anymore because henna completely straightened my curls :(. Now I have to do braidouts for curls.

When I did wash and go I loved Fantasia ic gel clear. Hair with fantasia gel.
150-vi.jpg

I also use to love Fx Special Effects Curls Up Curl Reactivator & Defrizzant
470006.jpg
hair with special fx and fantasia ic gel
014-vi-1.jpg

Its really hard to find, but the combo of that and fantasia ic gel gave me nice loose curls

Ive used curls up before....and I really liked it for a while BUT i found that I could not resusitate my curls a day or two later with it and if there was the least bit of humidity my hair would be sopping wet!

Now I have read that a lot of ladies use IG gel...but is it drying? Since Im trying to have a heat free summer...I would also like to use something moisturizing. AM I ASKING TOO MUCH!?!?!? LOL

To date I have to say Ive had the best results mixing various oil in my neutrogena triple moisture leave in conditioner. But what I hated about that was the "sometiminess" :lachen: If I put too much oil my hair would be flat....if there wasnt enough my hair would be buffy. I would like to use one product consistently...no surprises! LOL
You know, until I figured out the two step process, that would happen to me, if there was not enough conditioner ~ my big hair couldn't get thru the door and too much, a straingee mess. The oil helps keep big hair under control and so does the heavier conditioner.
Have to admit, when rushing, big hair comes out hehehehehehe and you can tell before it's completely dry if a claw clip needs to whipped out to bun up the hair before it gets tooooo big:grin:

You know, until I figured out the two step process, that would happen to me, if there was not enough conditioner ~ my big hair couldn't get thru the door and too much, a straingee mess. The oil helps keep big hair under control and so does the heavier conditioner.
Have to admit, when rushing, big hair comes out hehehehehehe and you can tell before it's completely dry if a claw clip needs to whipped out to bun up the hair before it gets tooooo big:grin:

LOL You are SO right!!! But sometimes...it has me fooled. I have to scrunch...so sometimes after scrunching...Im like yeah...this was a good one!!! Then I get where Im going and look in the mirror like HUH...this is NOT what I looked like when I left the house. Sometimes my hair is just disrespectful and likes to act out in public!

LOL You are SO right!!! But sometimes...it has me fooled. I have to scrunch...so sometimes after scrunching...Im like yeah...this was a good one!!! Then I get where Im going and look in the mirror like HUH...this is NOT what I looked like when I left the house. Sometimes my hair is just disrespectful and likes to act out in public!

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:ooooh LAWD! that is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO true, just have to have a lil bag of hair goodies handy to keep my hair in line....whew..gurl, you juss made me lol with:
Sometimes my hair is just disrespectful and likes to act out in public!

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOO much, needed the giggle!
Have a fabulous day!!!

Im relaxed bone straight and i do them mostly during the warmer months. I use a light conditioner as a leave in to help with moisture and frizz. [vo5 or TJ nourish spa].

then i follow up with a gel or serum to set the hair. Since i dont have curls all i can do is scrunch. Eco styler gel is a must to set my hair.

Im relaxed bone straight and i do them mostly during the warmer months. I use a light conditioner as a leave in to help with moisture and frizz. [vo5 or TJ nourish spa].

then i follow up with a gel or serum to set the hair. Since i dont have curls all i can do is scrunch. Eco styler gel is a must to set my hair.

For years I used VO5 regular conditioners...but was always told that if you didnt rinse out regular conditioners it would dry out your hair.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:ooooh LAWD! that is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO true, just have to have a lil bag of hair goodies handy to keep my hair in line....whew..gurl, you juss made me lol with:

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOO much, needed the giggle!
Have a fabulous day!!!

LOL Hey I figure if anyone is going to be the first to laugh at my hair...its going to be me!!! Girl...one thing Ive learned is that my wash n gos (like my cooking) is a crap shoot...you never know what youre gonna get!!!:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Thanks to the Daily Juicing Challenge (though I am not participating) Ive been trying juicing. So far Ive tried hawaiian silky 14 -1...left my hair looking VERY dry. I cowashed yesterday and tried Scurl instead since Ive heard that its such a great moisturizer....not liking how my hair feels...or looks for that matter. Next I will try Wave Nouveau and HOPEFULLY have better results. If not next on the list is good ole Care Free Curl....

I haven't tried but my friend who's also relaxed does it and she gets the most beautiful curls,I'll ask what she uses but I think she washes,conditions, uses a leave-in and then scrunches the hair a lot. She slicks back the front with a headband.

I'm relaxed and am a BIG wash and go-er. (Did wash and goes before I knew what they were! LOL) Though, in MI, it's still kinda cold (it was 52 degrees over the weekend! :ohwell: I'm moving back to FLA though, so YAY!!! Anyway, getting distracted...). I've been using Aveeno leave-in, just a *touch* of Queen Helene's conditioner (to give my ends some weight) and coconut oil/whatever sealant I'm in the mood for. I had a heavy/weighty conditioner simply because my hair takes forever to dry, and when the high here is only 65, parts of my hair dry faster than others, and I don't want my ends to get fly away/frizzy while my roots and the majority of my strands are coiled. I'm growing out a bleach/dye job, so ends are kinda rough. :ohwell:

HTH:grin:!!

I haven't tried but my friend who's also relaxed does it and she gets the most beautiful curls,I'll ask what she uses but I think she washes,conditions, uses a leave-in and then scrunches the hair a lot. She slicks back the front with a headband.

Ja! That's my method too! Sorry I didn't say as much, OP! I scrunch a lot to get the curls, but what's neat (at least to me) is, after a few months of nothing but wash and gos, your hair sort of "gets used to" the curls from the constant scrunching, and will sometimes dry that way with just a little help! :yep:

Hey thats exactly what I do...you sure Im not that beautiful friend?!?!? :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Seriously...if you could find out what she uses I would appreciate it!!!:grin:

Ja! That's my method too! Sorry I didn't say as much, OP! I scrunch a lot to get the curls, but what's neat (at least to me) is, after a few months of nothing but wash and gos, your hair sort of "gets used to" the curls from the constant scrunching, and will sometimes dry that way with just a little help! :yep:

OMG! You know whats funny...I was just talking to my sister about this. I was going to start a thread about this but since you brought it up....LOL
My hair is exactly opposite!!!! After a few months of doing WnGs my REFUSES to curl. Its been like that for years! It curls better when I first start them and after a few months my hair just looks stringy. Anyone have any idea why????

I can only do WNG's when my relaxer is fresh, like the first two or three weeks. After that, it just doesn't look right.

I just use any old leave-in and scrunch until it's about half dry. Once it's fully dry, I run a moisturizer through and that's it. Simply, but it works like a charm.

Thanks OP! I never thought of doing this on my relaxed hair. Most I do is air dry and then ponytail it. Hum, worth experimenting.

Come on ladies...Im just ITCHING to go back to the BSS!!! Where are all my ladies who use the puddings and butters? Is everyone natural but me???? :perplexed :perplexed :perplexed

I'm relaxed and I cowash and go. Here's a pic of my wash and go pony.

Attachments

• IMG00486.jpg
    IMG00486.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 121
I do wash and goes. That is one in my avi. I tried juicing, but my wash and go does not look or feel right either. I am texlaxed.

Back