Any Fermodyl Users ??

AtlantaJJ

I remember back in the day, beauticians in Los Angeles used to swear by this stuff and used to charge extra for the treatments. They especially used it on people who got what we called "dry presses" which made a press look like a perm.

Does anyone on LHCF use this product? It comes in different formulations, one for relaxed, color treated, curly, etc.

Just wondering, I was surprised to see it at Sally's and I might pick some up. I need to find out which formulation is best for dry hair.

Thanks Ladies,
Janet

My stylist uses it-I think she uses formula 0233 for double processed hair. I have also used the same formula leave-in at home. I like it, not sure if its a miracle product but it does its job.

msshic said:
I think Honeydew buys this stuff by the cases. Send her a PM.

I had to giggle at this. Honeydew is going to have product on hand! I remember her saying her or her mom buy the grease by the case. Honeydew....where are you??

Softresses said:
Oh no! I shall trouble shoot and see what the problem is.Softresses

You so kind, the message hurt my feelings. Perhaps sinice I'm a new kid, it doesn't know who I am?

**AtlantaJJ, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:...

Off topic! My friend is taking me out to sushi tonight! Woo Hoo!

Bump on the Fermodyl, I'm very curious if this old school remedy still works for people as a good leave-in reconstructor...

I have used Fermodyl and love it. It's on sale at Sally's this month buy one gt one free. Also 32 ounce of cream of Nature shampoo 5.00:lol:

divadoll237 said:
I have used Fermodyl and love it. It's on sale at Sally's this month buy one gt one free. Also 32 ounce of cream of Nature shampoo 5.00:lol:

Oh snap!! Thanks for the tip!! Glad I waited! :-)

I use it!!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the 619 leave-in vial. YUM!!!

It can be kinda expensive so I buy the dozen box from MetroBeauty.com for $18.99.

I put one on my wet hair and then my creamy leave-in. I LOVE LOVE LOVES me some Fermodyl! :D

I have also used 619 special, 233, and the 07, but 619 for curly coarse hair is my favorite. The other's are not as moisturizing, in my opinion.

The 619 special has protein which is good after a relaxer, though.

Oh, the Fermodyl Interactives is NOT the same in case anyone wondered.

Believe me, I tried it. :look: :ohwell: :perplexed

Fermodyl

Thank you HoneyDew!! I'll be picking some of that up today!!

Ladies, I posted this originally because waaay back in the day when I used to get my hair done at the shop in Los Angeles all the beauticians used to swear by this stuff. I would jack up my hair and they would "fix" it with these treatments. I was just wondering if anyone was still using it. It looks like this (one individual vial for one conditioning treatment)

• TREATMENT CONTAINS A SECRET BELGIAN COMPLEX THAT PENETRATES DEEP INSIDE THE HAIR
  • GIVING IT SUBSTANTIVE STRUCTURAL SUPPORT, BODY, STRENGTH, AND VITALITY.
  • FOR DRY HAIR
There are other numbers for other problems, like colored hair, etc...

HoneyDew said:
I use it!!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the 619 leave-in vial. YUM!!!

It can be kinda expensive so I buy the dozen box from MetroBeauty.com for $18.99.

I put one on my wet hair and then my creamy leave-in. I LOVE LOVE LOVES me some Fermodyl! :D

I have also used 619 special, 233, and the 07, but 619 for curly coarse hair is my favorite. The other's are not as moisturizing, in my opinion.

The 619 special has protein which is good after a relaxer, though.

Thanks bunches for the tip Dew! Seems like this buy one get one deal at Sally's is time for me to stock up! I know this stuff can stop breakage in it's tracks from past use...

They Have a Full Line

I found this link based in the UK that shows all the different formulations.

http://www.fermodyl.co.uk/chart.htm - It's really good for porous hair

I'm with Dew, I'm getting the 619 in the picture at the bottom, I haven't used their full line... Have you HoneyDew??

bottles.jpg

Last edited:
I like the one for relaxed hair. I actually forgot how good it was for me. I guess I am headed back to Sallys tonight.

My aunt(my beautician) swears by theses. She tells all of ther clients to bring one in. I use 619 (I believe). And it really moisturises and helps stop breakage when used over time. I try to use one with every shampoo and then follow with my creamy moisturizers and leave-ins.

Those are not the ones I use and they are not the ones at Sally's.

Those are the fermodyl Interactives and they are different (I tried them :ohwell: )

The ones I use and the ones at Sally's are by Roux (you know - of Porosity Control fame!! :D )

They are just leave-ins. The only one I give raves about is the 619. But, one quality that I really like about all of the formulations is that my hair seems to absorb them well.

Here is the site: http://rouxblue.com/fermodyl.asp

Here are the formulations:http://rouxblue.com/fermodyl_chart.htm
8c745821-65b8-bd7b-d75e-6dc687f51269.jpg

The sale this month at Sally's is GREAT!! It really is a great deal! Today I went to by some from Sally and the lady there told me that they sell a lot of them.

Last edited:
kandegirl said:
My aunt(my beautician) swears by theses. She tells all of ther clients to bring one in. I use 619 (I believe). And it really moisturises and helps stop breakage when used over time. I try to use one with every shampoo and then follow with my creamy moisturizers and leave-ins.

That's what I do. Everytime I try toskip that step, my hair swears at me! :)

Oooh, these sound really interesing, y'all are talkin' to my inner pj! :look:

ETA: What's in them exactly? I think I would probably try 619 Extra Strength.

Last edited:
HoneyDew said:
That's what I do. Everytime I try toskip that step, my hair swears at me! :)
Thanks HoneyDew, I picked up 2 packs of the 619 -- Love that buy one get one free.

So Dew you like the 619 better than the 619 for relaxed hair .... I bet there's more moisture. Then you follow with a creamy and a leave in. I'm shopping around for a good leave-in detangler I'm sure there's some posts with good ideas on here somewhere..

Thanks for sharing all that good info, and the next time I was, I'll report back with my results! Oh, and I do remember they have a cumlative effect on the hair, gets better with each use.

I had to go and get me some since you reminded me AtlantaJJ. I got the 619 and 233. They make my hair smooth and moisturized and silky feeling. It used to be my hairdresser's secret weapon when I was a teen. She was right on point. If only I were back in Atlanta, I'd look her up.

Softresses

Back