Any 4bs Moisturizing With Drug Store Or BSS Finds?

pookaloo83

My hair hates Shea butter anything. Qhemets is getting too hard to find and is a tad pricey. What are YOU using?

Sent from my iPhone 4s

My hair likes Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 - my hands hate the feeling of it though. I have to use it daily which I don't like (laziness abounds).

I spray my hair with water, use kimmaytube's leave-in and seal with an oil(grapeseed or jbco). I've even started using the leave in to twist with I'm tired of ordering a lot of products I'm trying to save some money.

I like the ORS coconut oil. It was a staple when blow-drying my hair.

Twisted Sista has a decent moisturizer. I forget the name but it's in a tube. I find the brand at Target. Their spray is okay too, just didn't like the scent.

I like the detangling spray by California Baby. I used it as a refresher. The brand is at WF and Target.

Actually the natural hair care aisle at Target is a good bet. I saw that line Cara B line at Target too (baby section). The new Nubian Heritage products there look good too.

My hair also does not like anything with Shea Butter, and It's not crazy about glycerin either. My staple moisturizer is still V05 Moisture Milk conditioner. I use Qhemet when I can't get to the grocery store to get more V05.

Walgreen's Bioinfusion Olive Oil Moisturizer. Works wonders on my straightened hair not so much when worn naturally. I borrowed an Elasta QP moisturizer from my sis that was heaven on my natural hair. I'll let you know the exact name when I find out.

My hair loves the shea moisture purification mask that I use as a gentle shampoo and any shea mositure conditioners.

I like Giovanni Direct leave in from target, Nuance Blue Agave curl cream by SH from cvs, and I looove Aveeno Nourish leave in treatment from walgreens. Hth

Need I tell you pookaloo83 what the only moisturizer worthy of this sacred mane of mine and found in every store that sells hair products is? :look:

@Nonie scurl? :lol: If so I hate it!!!! Gives me too much shrinkage!

@pookaloo83, you say that like shrinkage is a bad thing. :rolleyes: I'm going to assume you aren't about to blaspheme about shrinkage. That your problem is that too much of good thing can be poisonous. Only way you and I can continue being friends.

Nonie said:
@pookaloo83, you say that like shrinkage is a bad thing. :rolleyes: I'm going to assume you aren't about to blaspheme about shrinkage. That your problem is that too much of good thing can be poisonous. Only way you and I can continue being friends.

:lol: no! I love my shrinkage! It's just not the everyday look I go for!

Sent from my iPhone 4s

My main drugstore is walmart. There you can find castor oil, coconut oil, grapeseed oil and even aloe and glycerin. So you don't have to look too hard or pay too much for natural stuff. I have shea butter in stock but haven't used it in a while and when I do it's mainly for skin rather than hair.

Thanks for this thread. My hair hates glycerin & anything shea. I use qbrc as well & am looking for alternatives.
Eta: I do use taliah wajid mist bodifer. Its @ bss.

I gave up on commercial products a long time ago. However, I did win a bottle of Hairveda Whipped Ends and that worked really well for me. I don't know if they sell that in stores where you are.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using LHCF

I've been using the Miracle 7 line from Sally's for the last 2 weeks and my hair looks and feels wonderful. Totally moisturized, silky and shiny, and my ends look healthier. I don't know if you're natural but I am dealing with 3 textures right now. I have some straight ends followed by texlaxed sections, followed by newgrowths. I'm almost 8 weeks post right now and this is the point where I would normally retouch. However, my hair is so soft and manageable right now that I don't see a relaxer anywhere in the near future. I can run a rat tail comb through my wet or dry hair, whether I roller set, or flat iron. I haven't tried air drying with them yet. I use both the color and keratin line. If you get anything I would suggest any one of the conditioners and the leave in mist. I also like the serum.

vo5 chamomile conditioner with water is my spray leave in then add olive oil. Been working for the past few months as my moisturize and seal routine

I've been using Alba Botanica's Leave-In moisturizer. It's thick and works really well on my hair. It has definitely become a staple product for me. I use it when I stretch my hair via twists and as a "daily" moisturizer. I order it through iherb.com (where it's cheaper) or buy it at Sun Flower Market.

I'm getting all-day moisture and twistout definition by using a bit of sm curl enhancing smoothie, then twisting with jc twist and lock. Finally figured out a combo that doesn't give me flakes and/or crispy hair. GL!

When I'm in Barbados I use Vo5 moisture milk and castor oil( for the daily beach outings), and It really works well in the humidity.

But normally I use Giovanni leave in and castor oil. If ur hair doesnt like shea butter try cocoa butter. I can only use shea if its whipped with cocoa butter( fab cheap butter).

I'm trying out Aveeno's leave-in. So far so good in the past 2 days. It makes my 24.5 weeks of natural hair very soft. Found at Walmart, Walgreens, Target, CVS, all those places.

My new growth is loving some Infusium 23 leave in for dry damage hair.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Back