Amika Flat Irons - 80% off

ok i got mine in like 2 days. but does anybody notice a humming sound coming from theirs? if not i assume it's a prob with the heating elements. i'll prob be sending it back for an exchange. i ordered the leopard print and i have to say it worked amazing minus some pulling _argg! but other than my hair was silky smooth. it does get mighty hot to the touch. i might have to get a heating glove. anyway which company did you order from? mine ended up costing 58.00 free shipping.

ok i got mine in like 2 days. but does anybody notice a humming sound coming from theirs? if not i assume it's a prob with the heating elements. i'll prob be sending it back for an exchange. i ordered the leopard print and i have to say it worked amazing minus some pulling _argg! but other than my hair was silky smooth. it does get mighty hot to the touch. i might have to get a heating glove. anyway which company did you order from? mine ended up costing 58.00 free shipping.

No humming here :nono: I bought mine from Lafemme Products.

I got my Amika today. Man, that was lightening fast shipping. Anyway, no humming, by the way. I already think I may be in love with this iron. To test it out, I flat ironed the "bang" area of my hair--and I have to admit, it looked shinier than normal. If what they say about ceramic plates creating negative ions, etc etc, makes the hair shiny--I guess it's true!

The only thing I don't like about the iron, is that there isn't a little light (like on my Solia) that comes on when you turn it on and then flashes when the iron is hot. But for 53 bucks--I think this iron is worth it. I'm going to flat iron the rest of my hair later this evening. My hair has been airdrying in a bun and only the very front was dry when the mail came. lol

I got mine today as well and tested a few strips of hair that I thought looked dry. It came out shiny and smooth. I'm so excited to use it the next time I wash my hair!

Last edited:
I got mines today tooooo, and like everyone else, I had to do a test strip, over my left ear. Now mind you, my hair is full of product, Caramocal-Joy's Vit E Pudding, and although it had a funky, burnt product odor, the straghtened part was so silky smooth.

I can't wait to do me and my daughters hair after a fresh wash and the appropriate products.

I haven't posted updated pics because I lost my camera(pissed about that), when I get another, or borrow one, I'll update.

Oh yeah...I too ordered mine through Amazon, from LaFemme and paid 51.45 free shipping.

Last edited:
OH MY GOODDNESS.....

I'm getting excited... Mine should be here tomorrow..

WAIT... I just looked at the confirmation and it was delivered this morning at 8:45AM..I was NOT expecting it today on my at the office day :wallbash:

*fainting*

Where is it...In my apartments front office... LOCKED UP..

Well, I know what I got to do....:210:

Pray for me...

GOOD GIRL GONE BAD..... :angeldevi

OH MY GOODDNESS.....

WAIT... I just looked at the confirmation and it was delivered this morning at 8:45AM..I was NOT expecting it today on my at the office day :wallbash:

*fainting*

Pray for me...

LOL, you're silly!:lachen:

OH MY GOODDNESS.....

*fainting*

Pray for me...

Ok.. but why am I feeling you on this... :lachen: :lachen:
I love this iron!!!!!

OK.....

I let them make it.... :lachen:

The precious is here.... :worship2:

I think I am going to get a stand for the precious..

1201091750lhcf.jpg

1201091750alhcf.jpg

I can't wait to try it out...

Last edited:
I got mine today, and straightened a little piece. It looks awesome and my 4a hair feels extremely soft. I'll report back tonight after I do my whole head.

Why did I feel kinda jealous after reading about the Maxiglide in another post, that is being sold on HSN. Some ladies had a 15% coupon and $15 off code, I think some ladies paid a price close to what we paid for the AMIKA, lol.......

I guess I'm just being greedy, lol!!!

Hmmm...Is this sale still on? do you think I will be able to get me one on friday...

Better question, why am I buying ANOTHER flat iron, but I hardly do my hair...

Why did I feel kinda jealous after reading about the Maxiglide in another post, that is being sold on HSN. Some ladies had a 15% coupon and $15 off code, I think some ladies paid a price close to what we paid for the AMIKA, lol.......

I guess I'm just being greedy, lol!!!

Happy with my purchase. That Amika is originally a $250 solid ceramic iron.

Hmmm...Is this sale still on? do you think I will be able to get me one on friday...

Better question, why am I buying ANOTHER flat iron, but I hardly do my hair...

I think you'll still be able to get it Friday... now your second question I certainly can not help you with as I had absolutely no need for another flat iron :ohwell:. But! I'm glad I bought it, all the same :yep:

Good Evening Ladies...

I am nervous and excited ALL at the same time.

I am HAIR styling challenged. I rocked sew-ins for almost 3 years and learned to take care of that. I have NEVER been able to do my own hair.

So, I decided just to do my bang area. I had my hair with heat for the first time in almost 3 years on my b-day May 31st. I realize that I twist my hair and put it in a phony pony every day. I leave the twist in forever, even when I wash. So, I haven't seen my hair down and straight since May.

I was hoping there would be specific heat setting but decided to go with half because I don't want to burn my hair out. (I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER WITH THIS 4a/b HAIR) It isn't silky straight but it is straight enough. Probably with a blow dry and a real comb...:lachen:. It will look something like my siggy picture.

I apologize for the quality of the picture in advance. I do not know WHY I can not find my digital camera, so the cell will have to do..But, I swear if a cam do not show itself..:spank:

What do you think?

1202091749lhcf.jpg

1202091753lhcf.jpg

1202091757lhfc.jpg

Your hair looks soooo shiny and healthy! The iron, pumped all the way up is 428 degrees. At half way you were at about 215 degrees. I think, with a good heat protectant, you should be able to get to, at least, 375. That should make it a bit smoother for you.

I like to do higher heat but skip the blow dry and use one pass. I like to air dry in flat twists and then flat iron.

Your hair is really healthy and beautiful.

Last edited:
Last night I washed my hair and was finally able to use my amika flat iron. My hair has never turned out this bouncy or flowing when I've done it myself. I'm a pretty frugal person and often bought the cheap flat irons from Sally's because I thought all flat irons were the same...wrong wrong wrong! This is an awesome flat iron and I'm so glad I got it at such a great price.

I need to register a cc on amazon... Mine was only 51.95... I officially again.. have.too.many.damn.flat.irons.

I knew you couldn't resist. Pass one of your old ones on. :look:

Man. I was looking at getting that Chi Turbo 1 1/2 but this is interesting. I'm not happy that it's smaller than 1 1/2" tho, I need that size.

Last edited:
Hey ya'll I'm so sorry I am late about getting this info to ya'll as I have been meaning to! I wanted to mention that Cortex is the original company that makes all these flat irons, Amika, Coriorliss, Bellezza and Cortex. I spent $100.00 at the mall for mine when I shoulda just went on Amazon and got it for $20.00. Or gotten it at T.J. Max for $30.00. They go by different names because Cortex uses it as a marketing tool and their mall prices are off the chain because they get us in the mall and do the "demo" and have everyone oooo'ing and ahhh'ing. So that's how I got suckered in. Here is the link... http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=cortex+flat+iron&x=0&y=0

I know for fact because when a co-worker went to the mall the little worker that worked there felt sorry for her since she didn't have the money and told her to go to T.J. Max because thats where they go and buy them up as well so they can resell to us suckers besides the ones that purchase in bulk from the manufacturer...lmao...cause they sho'll got me. :lachen: Sorry so late!!!:perplexed

Oh, is the iron worth it!?! Yes, its definitely 100% ceramic and has beautiful results...however it snags my fine hair strands so until my hair thickens in volume and I get a litle more length (hair is growing out from hairstyle cut) I will have to use my Rusk

Last edited:
I ordered the Amika Jaguar before the price went up for $51.95 plus free shipping. The seller was InnerBeauty.

I ordered this on Saturday night and it arrived (today) Monday afternoon.

I wasn't necessarily a fan of the design but I noticed that the Jaguar design box was the only one that had hair clips in it so I got that one. It did arrive with hair clips. I also received full sized product bottles of Herstyler Nourishing and Moisturizing Conditioner SRP $25 and Herstyler Styling Spray SRP $15 at no additional charge.

pc070002.jpg

pc070004.jpg

I just got my t/u and my hair flat ironed a few days ago so it'll be a minute before I use heat again but I will put update my siggy pic with the results.

There's only one 'negative' but it's not that big of a deal. There was a film of dust over the iron and at first glance I thought that the plates were scratched. My receipt says that the condition is new never used or open and for the most part I believe that.

I sat it next to my 1 inch jibere iron and it definitely is a little wider.

Also make sure that you pull up the black insert that the iron is laying in because the warranty is underneath.

I'm not going to lie, I was a little hot seeing THIS 100% ceramic plate iron for $29.99 after I hit the purchase button, but I'm over it now.

Back