Amika Flat Irons - 80% off

I.am.so.ridiculous...

I.have.a.Croc2.that.I.LOVE...and.a.FHI.platform.that.is.fine...and.I.still.had.to.have
that.Amica.zebra.flat.iron.for.$51.85.with.free.shipping...:ohwell:

I have the blush pink Amika 1" Pro-Styler

apparently it's 100% ceramic

I wish it was 80% off when I got it last December. I've been happy with it. As damaged as my hair was, it got it straighter than the stylist's iron at the salon

glad i saw this thread. i ordered a herstyler off of ebay, and it arrived damaged. got my refund, but now i'm kind of turned off by the brand. i'll check this one out.

Both of my sisters have one. They do crap for my hair, on the highest setting. I thought it was a jip, because when the guy did our hair at the mall. the results were not the same at home, and he didn't use any products.

Wow, it already arrived! I got the zebra print one... it is soooo pretty!

I read that some people thought the Amika's looked fragile, but I don't think so. I feel it's substantial enough; a bit heavier than my Croc, though. I love the floating plates; My croc is wicked great at getting my hair straight but not good for curling. This Amika is built perfectly for curls, though. Can't wait to try it.

How did it go Sheba? I love the Amika (I have the zebra one too) but someone please tell me what is 1.5 inches about it? The plates are not that wide or long :ohwell:

I have read that the Amika that you buy online isn't the same as the one sold in malls and the ones in malls suck but IDK. Mine feels flimsy but works great. I bought it for $140 from folica. It came with an argan oil serum and a flat iron holder (which I :love: ) but still :(

I have the blush pink Amika 1" Pro-Styler

apparently it's 100% ceramic

I wish it was 80% off when I got it last December. I've been happy with it. As damaged as my hair was, it got it straighter than the stylist's iron at the salon

Ooh, does this have temp control? Also, do you mind me asking how much you paid?

I don't get the deal with the 1.5 inches either! I tell you, I was thinking the exact same thing every time I saw the description for it before it came. But, aside from it looking more like a 1 inch styler than 1.5, I absolutely adore the way it behaved as I straightened both my weave (dries naturally wavy) and my leave out hair (air dried in flat twists). One pass, smooth, silky shiny. Some of the weave hair was still slightly damp; same thing; One pass = smooth, shiny, silky, flowy with lots of movement and bounce. I'd definitely recommend it.

I must not have one of the chintsy mall type ones because it feels good and sturdy.

Don't feel, at all, bad about your purchase. I think it's worth what you paid for it, especially with the extras you mentioned. All I got was the pretty styler in a zebra box with two hair clips :lol: But I'm really happy... I feel like I got to experience a different kind of styler than my Croc2 for minimum cost.

Figured you might wanna see a pic

This is the amount of hair left out of my sew in:

th_Photo0067.jpg

That hair flat ironed with the amika styler:

amika-vi.jpg

Last edited:
I've had the Amika for over a year and I like it much better than the FHI Platform which I purchased a couple of months. This is a great deal...hmm, I think I may purchase another one to have as backup.

omg i just bought one

I'm excited:grin:

This is the first non BSS flat iron that I've ever bought

I'm glad I talked my mom out of getting that herstyler from the kiosk today. I'm gonna take this one instead!

220 celsius/428 farenheight

I'm so happy! My hair stood up to 100% humidity today!! It hasn't done that ever; not even with the BKT.

End of the day; still sleek and shiny; hadn't been flat ironed since Saturday

amika_after_the_rain-vi.jpg

My Amika arrived today................DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!
That was quick!
It is in a snazzy box and comes with two clips... my FHI ain't ever had that...
It looks pretty nice.

However those are not 1.5" plates... they must be talking about the length... :look: It is an inch... I measured. Or maybe that's why they selling them for cheap... a batch marked wrong... well whatever... I gots mines. Review tomorrow after I do my hair for Turkey day.

My Amika arrived today................DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!
That was quick!
It is in a snazzy box and comes with two clips... my FHI ain't ever had that...
It looks pretty nice.

However those are not 1.5" plates... they must be talking about the length... :look: It is an inch... I measured. Or maybe that's why they selling them for cheap... a batch marked wrong... well whatever... I gots mines. Review tomorrow after I do my hair for Turkey day.

Marked right but I don't know what they're measuring! If you go to the amika web site there are vids using the 1.5 and it looks exactly the same width as ours... so I dunno what's going on. You're gonna like it, though.

I got the deep purple color. Can't wait until I get it. I figure at this price, it's definitely worth a try. I'll post a review when I get it.

I've been eyeing this for a while on Amazon. Methinks I'll get it as a Christmas present to myself. Can't go wrong with $50.00

Ok Ladies....

Good ... uhhh... Afternoon/Evening.... LOL

I am LATE on this, but I just ordered my FIRST EVER FLAT IRON in Giraffe for $51.50. I figure the Sally's GVP version is about the same price, so WHY not go with a higher end model for $1.50 more????

I hope this works on this 4a/b hair.

Thanks for looking out OP.

Back