Am I the only person who uses more than a dime size amount of product?

How much of a product do you use in your hair?

• I use way to much product! But I keep the economy going b/c I constantly need to buy more

Votes: 73 38.8%
  • I use the recomended amount on the bottle. Going Green! All that excess just goes down the drain.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • With some products a lil goes a long way, but with other's you have to lay it on.

Votes: 112 59.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A "dime size" doesn't get my hair anywhere, unless it's with shampoo.

You know, now that I think about it and actually try to pay attention to it, when using conditioner as a leave-in, I use maybe a quarter size at the most. I think I need to up it to a dallop size. I've been using the same quarter size amount since I first went natural. I know my hair needs more than that now. I'm gonna try a hefty dallop tomorrow and see if I notice a difference. I don't need my hair semi-drying out mid-day when I wear a wash 'n go.

That's why I buy Humecto in the tub. I use handfuls. I need all of my hair to feel coated when I DC.

When using Paul Mitchell's the Conditioner though, I only use a quarter amount. Any more than that and my hair is HARD!

It really just depends on the product. I use some things sparingly and other I get a megadose. Once your hair gets past a certain length and or thickness, it's kind of impossible to expect to get full coverage with a dime/quarter/half dollar amount.

lmafo! yea right!

well....I guess it really does depend on product...

shampoo? i guess a small "dollop"
gives a nice lather through whole head....

3 oz bottles of silk infusions used on straight hair has lasted me over 2 yrs now

CONDITIONER? to be able to actually COMB through this massive head of hair??? I blow through a 16 oz bottle in 4 days flat! Thank God for cheapies....

Honey, I don't know the meaning of "dime-sized." I also get confused when I hear nickels, quarters, half dollars, or silver dollars. I tend to work better with at least some golf or tennis balls. My hair would cuss me out if I tried something less than that. I wouldn't even worry about it. Now, off to watch your video. :grin:

+1:lachen::lachen: The one and only product I don't do this with is Castor Oil. I didn't realize you didn't need to use a lot when using it to style your hair. Uummmm yeah....I didn't have to add any oil to my hair for the next 7 days!!:grin:

Back