Am I Paranoid or is he Stalking Me?

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
Am I being paranoid? Or am I being stalked?

I met a guy in Home Depot 5-6 yrs ago. I only gave him my cell, we talked a couple of times, never clicked. I lost interest quickly, never went on a date. Honestly, he seemed like he was..... poor or cheap.... or something. Because he never asked me out (don't judge me).

After that I would always somehow bump into him at the supermarket or a nearby Walmart. The first few run-ins didn't seem odd. But then I'd see him EVERY time I went to that Walmart. Most of the times he would have his son with him but never any items. It was like he would be going up and down the aisles looking for me. We'd say hi and he'd say he's still waiting for me to give him the time of day. I'd cordially brush him off and keep it moving. I stopped going to that Walmart so I didn't notice it anymore and forgot all about him.

Fast forward to a couple years later. He calls my cell, we talk for a bit and I brush him off again after I see he hasn't changed and hang up. So check this out... he sends me a pic of himself in the buff!! I curse him out and tell him he disrespected me because I'm not that type of girl. He gets embarrassed and apologizes and I ignore all his calls/texts after that and he seemed even more interested in me. Apparently, he expected me to jump up and down after I saw his package??? Not happening, not that type of girl. :nono:

Fast forward about a year later. I go into work and there he is as a fill-in guard at my job!! I'm not saying this has anything to do with him stalking me and I don't think he knew where I worked anyway because I'm very private. But anyway, I say hello and keep it moving.

Okay, fast forward to a couple of months ago. I run into him at a party and he wants to give me his number. I said no, I already have it. Apparently, he lost his phone so he didn't have mine anymore. Tough luck. I keep it moving. I know, I know, I shouldn't have even talked to him but I wasn't quite as paranoid till the next event confirmed it.

Now fast forward to yesterday. I'm headed to a mall nowhere near my house and notice the air is gone from my front tire. I take it to the station and fill it up and it's fine. Shopped with my girlfreind at the mall all day and came home and parked my car in front of my house for the night. I get in my car this morning and there is a piece of paper with his number on it wedged in the door. How did this fool know where I live??? I never told him my address and I have a different car that I had from years ago when I'd see him in Walmart???

I think I'm just adding to my paranoia.

What do I do? This is really creepy because I never give out my address or my home number. Do I call him and ask how he got it? I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of calling him because that's what he wants.

Do not call him. Is it possible that the note been there and you just noticed it?

I would be scared :lachen:

Do not call him. Is it possible that the note been there and you just noticed it?

I would be scared :lachen:

Thanks for responding!

First I was wondering when he put it there but it HAD to be after I got out of the car and went in the house because it was in the door crack and would have fallen out as soon as I opened the door. I almost didn't see it but it was right where you stick the key in the door.

Am I being paranoid? Or am I being stalked?

I met a guy in Home Depot 5-6 yrs ago. I only gave him my cell, we talked a couple of times, never clicked. I lost interest quickly, never went on a date. Honestly, he seemed like he was..... poor or cheap.... or something. Because he never asked me out (don't judge me).

After that I would always somehow bump into him at the supermarket or a nearby Walmart. The first few run-ins didn't seem odd. But then I'd see him EVERY time I went to that Walmart. Most of the times he would have his son with him but never any items. It was like he would be going up and down the aisles looking for me. We'd say hi and he'd say he's still waiting for me to give him the time of day. I'd cordially brush him off and keep it moving. I stopped going to that Walmart so I didn't notice it anymore and forgot all about him.

Fast forward to a couple years later. He calls my cell, we talk for a bit and I brush him off again after I see he hasn't changed and hang up. So check this out... he sends me a pic of himself in the buff!! I curse him out and tell him he disrespected me because I'm not that type of girl. He gets embarrassed and apologizes and I ignore all his calls/texts after that and he seemed even more interested in me. Apparently, he expected me to jump up and down after I saw his package??? Not happening, not that type of girl. :nono:

Fast forward about a year later. I go into work and there he is as a fill-in guard at my job!! I'm not saying this has anything to do with him stalking me and I don't think he knew where I worked anyway because I'm very private. But anyway, I say hello and keep it moving.

Okay, fast forward to a couple of months ago. I run into him at a party and he wants to give me his number. I said no, I already have it. Apparently, he lost his phone so he didn't have mine anymore. Tough luck. I keep it moving. I know, I know, I shouldn't have even talked to him but I wasn't quite as paranoid till the next event confirmed it.

Now fast forward to yesterday. I'm headed to a mall nowhere near my house and notice the air is gone from my front tire. I take it to the station and fill it up and it's fine. Shopped with my girlfreind at the mall all day and came home and parked my car in front of my house for the night. I get in my car this morning and there is a piece of paper with his number on it wedged in the door. How did this fool know where I live??? I never told him my address and I have a different car that I had from years ago when I'd see him in Walmart???

I think I'm just adding to my paranoia.

What do I do? This is really creepy because I never give out my address or my home number. Do I call him and ask how he got it? I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of calling him because that's what he wants.

I would HATE to be on the wrong side of advice in this situation. Stalking is NOT something to take lightly. I wouldn't consider calling him to find out how he got the information because bottom line is that he has it and if he is stalking he might use that as an opportunity to make more advances. He clearly has plenty of avenues to get your info. Can you tell him straight up to not call you or contact you by ANY means, note, phone or otherwise? I'm not sure if you made it THAT clear to him yet.
I'm debating if you should tell him that if he doesn't stop, you'll file a restraining order against him. Do you know his last name? That may exarcerbate the problem...

I don't like it.

Do you have any male friends or family who can talk to him for you? Do you have other means of protecting yourself?

As for how he knew where you lived, would the guards at your job have had access to a company directory with your address in it, or might he have followed you home from the party?

I don't like this one bit.

He is crazy. I knew someone who was like that once and I had to drive circles before going home to avoid him following me.

I threatened to go to the police, he laughed me off however he never contacted me again.

I think that you should tell him bluntly that you are not interested, that you have other things that you are focusing on right now. If he continues to harass you then make a report and let the police contact him, you don't want to put yourself in a violent situation.

I would HATE to be on the wrong side of advice in this situation. Stalking is NOT something to take lightly. I wouldn't consider calling him to find out how he got the information because bottom line is that he has it and if he is stalking he might use that as an opportunity to make more advances. He clearly has plenty of avenues to get your info. Can you tell him straight up to not call you or contact you by ANY means, note, phone or otherwise? I'm not sure if you made it THAT clear to him yet.
I'm debating if you should tell him that if he doesn't stop, you'll file a restraining order against him. Do you know his last name? That may exarcerbate the problem...

Yeah, it's scary now. I hate the idea of people knowing where I live and I've always been that way. From now on I won't be cordial and will have to be more upfront and tell him I'm not interested. I don't know his last name but if I needed it I could get it from the job. But I don't want to open up that can of worms there... unless I had to of course.

Thank you!

I don't like it.

Do you have any male friends or family who can talk to him for you? Do you have other means of protecting yourself?

As for how he knew where you lived, would the guards at your job have had access to a company directory with your address in it, or might he have followed you home from the party?

I don't like this one bit.

I think that's a great idea to have a male family member or friend to call him. I think I just might do that. He could say he found the note on my car himself.

And we do have parking placards at our job where it's possible to get that info but I'm not 100% sure of how much info we provided when we registered for those. Now I'm creeped out even more thinking he could have followed me home from the party. Uggh!

Thank you!!

File a restraining order. I don't think you should wait for more evidence and please don't warn or threaten him that you're filing. All the best.

He is crazy. I knew someone who was like that once and I had to drive circles before going home to avoid him following me.

I threatened to go to the police, he laughed me off however he never contacted me again.

I think that you should tell him bluntly that you are not interested, that you have other things that you are focusing on right now. If he continues to harass you then make a report and let the police contact him, you don't want to put yourself in a violent situation.

You're right, no more cordial brush offs from now on. Once you get near my home it's no holds barred.

I've had a guy follow me before and once me saw me circle the block a few times he knew I caught on and he left. But I completely didn't even pay attention when I came from the party that time so you never know.

Thank you!

Did you tell him that YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED?
All I saw was that you said that you already have his number. I would've said no, I don't need your number because I am not interested in speaking to you -_____-

Hmm I would have a male friend/family member call him and tell him to stop trying to contact u and contact the police for advice. Also take some self defense classes if you haven't already and get a taser.

I don't think I read anywhere in your post (please forgive me if I am wrong) that you told him you are not interested and to not bother you again. Not responding to his messages he obviously doesn't get. Before you call stalking, you have to make it clear that you don't want to be bothered by him THEN if he continues that is stalking. I honestly think all this is just coincidence.

No means "no". Not replying to a call or text ends up being a "maybe" in some guy's books.

Did you tell him that YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED?
All I saw was that you said that you already have his number. I would've said no, I don't need your number because I am not interested in speaking to you -_____-

Nope, I wasn't clear enough to him. I realize that now and that was before this weekend's events where it really confirmed that he was psycho.

Either way, I see now that I need to stop being so nice in the way I brush him off.

He's gonna get a call from a male friend of mine soon so that there are no doubts about anything.

Thanks!

Hmm I would have a male friend/family member call him and tell him to stop trying to contact u and contact the police for advice. Also take some self defense classes if you haven't already and get a taser.

Yup, that's my plan. I just have to talk to my friend later today and ask him to make the call.
Thank you!

I don't think I read anywhere in your post (please forgive me if I am wrong) that you told him you are not interested and to not bother you again. Not responding to his messages he obviously doesn't get. Before you call stalking, you have to make it clear that you don't want to be bothered by him THEN if he continues that is stalking. I honestly think all this is just coincidence.

No means "no". Not replying to a call or text ends up being a "maybe" in some guy's books.

You're 100% correct, I wasn't clear and left him to think of it as a maybe. I think the air in the tire could be coincidence but there's no way he got that note in my car door without finding out somehow where I live though. that's the creepy part. But now I realize not to be nice to him like that.

Thank you!

File a restraining order. I don't think you should wait for more evidence and please don't warn or threaten him that you're filing. All the best.

After my friend makes the call later I'm hoping it won't even get to that point. You're right about how serious it can be though.

Thank you!!

Hey, I'm sending you a PM with information from someone who works with women dealing with similar situations....

Wow, 5-6 years is a long time for him not to get the message that you aren't interested. Please stay safe.

Please file a restraining order, and ask for an elevated police presence around your home. I don't like this story at all, this whole thing makes me nervous.

Call him and let him know you aren't interested and to not pursue or you'll take action.

This is creepy and please be careful!!!!

Dont call him else he'll have your number

Let us know what happens after your male friend contacts him

creepy :/

Make sure the friend speaks with him, and not via voicemail.

You want to know for sure that he that he was told.

Start keeping a log of ALL of this. I would report if you can. Start creating a paper trail just to Cover.Your.A.. . If there are notes, make copies. If there are unwanted calls, letters and text messages, record them, copy, document… etc. Start a log/file now!

I don’t want you to have to waste time and energy on this, but I think most here want you to be safe too. Having to use your time on documenting this stuff may seem like overkill.

As another poster said, sometimes the restraining orders exacerbate things. It’s hard to know. Sometimes restraining orders protect you.

I have heard of “No Contact” letters being sent, where they are notified that if they contact you once more in any way (calls, email, flowers, text … etc) it will be considered stalking/harassment and you will report them. The letter could be notarized (make a copy). Send it registered mail/ signature confirmation.

It is best that you consult someone that is experienced in dealing with situations like this as soon as possible.

Wow, 5-6 years is a long time for him not to get the message that you aren't interested. Please stay safe.

Right. 5-6 years and he still doesn't get it? Some people force you to say leave me the f alone, I am not interested, good bye. Then they want to know why. Then you have to say it again, just leave me the f alone. Some people are just idiots.

@Hairsnob

hey lady how's it going? You ok?

Theo

Yes, thanks for asking. All is well. I talked to my friend that day and he said he agreed about it not being a normal thing for a guy to do but he said the flat tire was just coincidental and probably had to do with the weather changing since it wasn't flat. The air was just let out.

My friend said he would make the call for me when he got off work but he never did because we both forgot. And by the time I thought about it the next day I wasn't as worried. I haven't seen or heard anything from the guy since then and I hope it stays that way.

Thanks!

Guys are sick. I mean she was interested but in lieu of doing the standard thing and asking her out ensues with this nonsense.

Unbelievable.

I think you need to stop down at the police station and recount all this history to them. If you could, could you just move to another state and city, preferable not adjoined? Dayum! He's stalking you big time...and over years. Seriously, got a position at your job??? :look: And the fill-in guard so you'd have to see him every day. :wallbash: Do you have any big uncles or brothers? Cousins??? Find out where he lives and take everybody and physically let him know you mean business.

Last edited:
Sounds like stalking to me. I know people who live around the corner from me and I don't bump into them in the stores etc etc...This dude showing up every where you are..something isn't right. I would take it seriously. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Back