Am I out of line? Ex bf drama PART 2 my 2 cents

Teja

Hey yall,

I know that this thread has been talked about enough already but I just couldn't help myself.
After having read the whole thread I'm wondering what is really going on here :nono:??
I must say I'm a little confused!
I am in a very healthy relationship.... I trust my partner and vice versa ...I would have no problem with him having his ex over and neither would he ....Is that not what a relationship is based on Trust??
If I can't even trust you around an old GF then what can I trust you with?If I can't trust you at all then why be together??...sorry but to me than screams insecurity!!!

I have been through that whole '' jealous relationship'' thing and never again would I put off having contact with my male friends or old BF's that turned good friends!

A good partner should have understanding for that and should be able to deal with the fact that thier BF'S or GF's husband and wives had lives before them!

I feel like if she was okay with the fact before then she should have stuck with it... she was beig included in thier programm it was no secret!
Contacting an Ex girl of my man and throwing a fit.... to me that's what shows immaturity no matter what age!

The problem here is not trust issues, it is boundary issues. I know a lot of women here still talk to their ex and have no problem with their man doing the same. This is about spending the weekend (which is crossing the line) not about being friends.

OP I agree with some of what you said. I don't see it as crossing the line if he invited her. His now gf should have made it known BEFORE he invited her and not have sent the email to her. She handled it better than I would have, because she would've had a BIG problem with me if she thought the email would go over well. I had a situation like this where an ex wanted to be friends but his current didnt like the idea. It was too much drama for me because she was jealous of the relationship we had even though it wasn't like that. I chose to take myself out of the situation bc I came to the realization that we could never be friends as long as they are involved. She never came to me with her problem though (which for her sake was the right choice).

I think its easy to say what you would not care about until your in the situation. It was crossing the line and has nothing to do with the GF being jelly.

I totally can not understand how any woman on this board can say " I am too secure to care if my man invites his ex GF to spend the weekend with him." GTFOOH!!!

:spinning::perplexed

With regards to ending good friendships- I agree you should be able to maintain them, but to be having slumber parties and ish:rolleyes:

Well I most definitely am very secure in my relationship!!!
They have known each other for 6 years :s thats a long time ...what I dont understand is this... what is so wrong with her crossing the line by staying over??
What am I worried about?? I guess most women are scared of thier men cheating...
THEY CAN CHEAT ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't want to have to wonder about what my partner is doing everytime he leaves the house...if he is a respectful person and treats me that way... I would not have to worry one min about what he is doing and with who...

I am 100% sure it all boils down to trust and that chick obviously does not trust her man....and I guess that reflects on what kind of person he is.... he must have giver her reason to think so....
Which brings me back to say ..No trust = No healthy relationship

Last edited:
Back