Am I crazy?

cmw45 said:
I was just thinking about starting this thread? It's either this, or sometimes I take a picture of my hair, and the pic looks better than the hair actually looked when it was done. Sometimes, I feel like it's false advertising.

Thank you!!! I was telling my DH about Nikko's cousing last night and I said if they could see me now, they will never ask me:grin:

I think that pixs are great but sometimes they can be a problem too, if you ask a lot of questions, people look at the pixs and assume you don't need their advice:(

see for me its kinda the opposite. I will do my hair and swear its fierce then take a picture and be like:ohwell: . I did a video to see if maybe it was bc I had a crappy camera a lil better bit still:perplexed . I just want long pretty hair and I will be happy...Hair anorexia at its best I suppose

OMG, this is so me! I was looking at a lot of comparison pix the other day and there was one pic where I did a couple of pincurls (by mistake). Man my hair was looking soooo fierce when i took it down the next day.

Sad thing is that I have been trying to recreate the style (by mistake):lol: again and can't do it to save my life.

JustMeSteph said:
see for me its kinda the opposite. I will do my hair and swear its fierce then take a picture and be like:ohwell: . I did a video to see if maybe it was bc I had a crappy camera a lil better bit still:perplexed . I just want long pretty hair and I will be happy...Hair anorexia at its best I suppose

This is me too. I would think my hair is so fly, take a pic, and realize that I was playing myself. :lol:

cmw45 said:
I was just thinking about starting this thread? It's either this, or sometimes I take a picture of my hair, and the pic looks better than the hair actually looked when it was done. Sometimes, I feel like it's false advertising.

That sounds like me...my hair often seems to look better in hair pics than normal.

Kimberly said:
That sounds like me...my hair often seems to look better in hair pics than normal.

I guess we need to be happy with our own hair not matter what, 'cause maybe those beautiful pixs we see on the web are not as good in person as they look online. :lol: :lol: :lol: Beauty is just an ilusion!!:lachen:

la flaca said:
I guess we need to be happy with our own hair not matter what, 'cause maybe those beautiful pixs we see on the web are not as good in person as they look online. :lol: :lol: :lol: Beauty is just an ilusion!!:lachen:

I agree to a certain extent flaca, but I've noticed that it depends on how I take the picture that determines how close to real life it looks. Like...I refuse to take hair pics with flash anymore. Cuz I'll look at the pic and think...my real hair does not EVEN look that shiny. Or if I take a pic from an angle a little bit above, my hair looks fuller than if I just take it at the same level. Also, I try to use natural light instead of the light in the house because the color looks different... hmm, that makes me think, is there a thread about how to take good and accurate hair pix?!

dillard said:
I agree to a certain extent flaca, but I've noticed that it depends on how I take the picture that determines how close to real life it looks. Like...I refuse to take hair pics with flash anymore. Cuz I'll look at the pic and think...my real hair does not EVEN look that shiny. Or if I take a pic from an angle a little bit above, my hair looks fuller than if I just take it at the same level. Also, I try to use natural light instead of the light in the house because the color looks different... hmm, that makes me think, is there a thread about how to take good and accurate hair pix?!

:think: Humm! That'll be great:)

Back