I added natural pictures of my hair

You are so welcome Nay! BTW...how did the babyshower go?

The first pic (I think) is the wet one and the last one is the dry picture. Her hair is very fine. So fine infact that I can cornrow her hair into like 6 cornrows and they would be the size of two pencils side-by-side (give or take) But her hair is really pretty. And to think that in October, her curls did not touch her shoulders at all! Anyway, those are her natural pixs.

When wearing my hair curly, it is thick. Now the funny thing is that my hair will react in differently by just adding oil. If I saturate my hair with olive oil BEFORE I rinse it and add a little conditioner to it, my hair would look like the hair in the pix all day (wet look) This is what I do when I wear a low curly ponytail. I really don't like the wet look when I wear it down.

But if I wash my hair, then condition, then comb while conditioenr is still in my hair then rinse that conditioenr out. And THEN add a little cheapie conditoner and nothing else (maybe gel around the hairline) then my hair would be bigger (think Tracee Ellis Rose when her curl are not tamed more afro-y) Some days, my curls come out perfect. The perfect bulkness, wavy, culrs, etc. But A LOT of times, I fail miseably! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I plan to wear it out and dry for our LA get together Saturday. So I will ask Adrienne to take a pix. Now if it comes out looking a dog-mess, then a picture will not be taken! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Your hair is definitely thicker than mine! I tried the ponytails when you first posted your pictures and mine was no where near as thick as yours!

Question for you...how do you achieve your curls?

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
leejure said:
Thanks Laela! (beautiful name...btw) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Why thank you, lee...

Lee,

maybe you are confusing me with somebody else (maybe NayNay?) but I did not have a babyshower and I did not attend one either /images/graemlins/grin.gif, he he, funny though...
You are right my hair is pretty thick, I would say it is definitely thicker than your girl's hair but I thought you and me were about on the same level, cause I swear, when I saw your pics of your wet hair it really brought back memories....
If I want to wear my hair curly I spray it with a leave in (Pantene preferred), then I use Fructis' curling spray in my hair and scrunch it. They have a line here in Germany for straightening your hair and also to scrunch your hair to get it wavy or curly. I don't like using it that much cause it contains alcohol. The picture in my picturetrail with my husband, where my hair is wavy/curly I only used pink oil and hot six and just scrunched and scrunched. I don't know how I did it....
I think when it comes to wearing my hair curly or wavy I haven't found the right products or procedure yet....
Nay.

Well look at it this way, he's probably a healthier child for going that bit longer than most. He'll stop eventually. He'll have to. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

&lt;&lt;confused with Naynay&gt;&gt;

Yep, I think I do. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Sorry!

&lt;&lt;You are right my hair is pretty thick, I would say it is definitely thicker than your girl's hair but I thought you and me were about on the same level, cause I swear, when I saw your pics of your wet hair it really brought back memories....&gt;&gt;

I truly believe your hair is thicker than mine. But we definitely have the same hair type. That is for sure. It is by-no means thin, but not rope thick either. /images/graemlins/wink.gif (i wish)

&lt;&lt;I think when it comes to wearing my hair curly or wavy I haven't found the right products or procedure yet....&gt;&gt;

ditto! I am trying some new prodcuts (products Valleygirl suggested) this weekend. I will tell you how oit works for me.

Take Care!

-lee

LONDONDIVA &lt;&lt;He'll stop eventually. He'll have to&gt;&gt;

Yeah, I believe he'll eventaully stop, but some thing tells me that it is not going to be anytime soon! /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif Um, can I go to jail if my 18 year-old son still wants to nurse? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif just kidding!

-lee

leejure said:
Um, can I go to jail if my 18 year-old son still wants to nurse? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif just kidding!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooooo... you BAD GIRL!!! /images/graemlins/spank.gif

/images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/party.gif /images/graemlins/bouncy.gif

You have been a hair-spiration of mine for a long time now!! I LOOOOVE your natural hair pics!! Gorgeous!!

Now do me a favor.... Move over here, no to the left, back over to the right and ..... /images/graemlins/Flahssssss.gif (taking your pic for my hair hall of fame) /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I love it!! See, that's why I love pics, they INSPIRE me to keep on going!!

leejure said:
LONDONDIVA &lt;&lt;He'll stop eventually. He'll have to&gt;&gt;

Yeah, I believe he'll eventaully stop, but some thing tells me that it is not going to be anytime soon! /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif Um, can I go to jail if my 18 year-old son still wants to nurse? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif just kidding!

-lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Lee,

There was this woman on Dr. Phil and her 5 or 6 yr. old daughter was still nursing. Actually she had stopped at like 2 and then when her mom had another baby and started nursing the new baby she started again! Dr. Phil gave her some advice and the girl stopped now. I don't know what the advice was because I was watching the update show and not the original show the woman appeared on.

Thank you Tara! You made me smile /images/graemlins/smile.gif at a time that I really don't feel like... "smiling". /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif Thank you so much!

-lee

Ms. Kenesha...

Now see that AIN'T gon' happen! /images/graemlins/blush.gif I want to stop nursing so bad and have tried, but I always end-up giving in. I told myslef that once he reached one that that was it...here it is 16 months later and I am still nursing. I am planning to start weaning him this weekend (for the 100th time! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif) and I am NOT giving in this time! i just can't.

Maybe I'll do a search on Dr. Phil's show and see if I can find some helpful tips!

Thanks Ms. K!

Beautiful hair, Leejure. Can't decide which look I like better - curly or straight. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks GiGi. I rarely wear it straight or curly (for that matter). I, 90% of the time wear, it in a bun or a braid!
Once I reach my goal, I would wear it out more (curly) and proably not straighten it too every BLUE moon!
Thanks again!

-lee

Oh girl, I am soooo jealous. Your natural hair is so gorgeous. I know when you reach your goal length, you will be sporting that natural hair more often.

I love the waves--Who needs a beach when we've got your WAVES??????????

Back