Am I Being Synical or Do All Men Cheat ?

doll-baby

With rare exception of a chosen few I do believe that at one point in time or another most men are going to cheat on their SO.

I just feel that men have waaaay to many options to stay loyal to one woman for 40 + years (if married).

But then again maybe like I said before I am being synical, however almost every male that I know has had at least one indiscression while in a commited relationship.

So how do you ladies feel about this topic?
Are men destined to cheat or have I been listening to too much R. Kelly ?:perplexed

Each time I come in this forum, I keep coming to that conclusion.

I have no idea though :ohwell: As someone said (MissScarlett, I think), "marraige is a leap of faith"

Men do have self-control though and do know how to keep themselves out of certain situations/environments. I guess it's a matter of making sure you have one who exercises that

I think that all me have cheated at one time or another. I don't think that they cheat on everyone that they are with though. My friend's father admitted that he cheated on his ex wife. Even though he admits it was wrong, he says that he did it because he did not really love, like, or respect her. But he says that things are different with his current wife. They are on another level, he says. Now how true all of that is I have no idea.
So maybe it's a bit of both for you. But more of too much Kells!:grin:
P.S. I am trying to discover my hopeless romantic side so excuse my optimism!!

Yes. Not all men cheat.:nono: That is too general. They are some good and faithful men out here. It is just not fair to lump men in all catergory and or/ compare one to another. Put it this way what kind of men are you attracting? If you are attracting cheating times then ask your self why? Then fix so that you can attract the 40 year plus faithful man:yep:

Each time I come in this forum, I keep coming to that conclusion.

I have no idea though :ohwell: As someone said (MissScarlett, I think), "marraige is a leap of faith"

Men do have self-control though and do know how to keep themselves out of certain situations/environments. I guess it's a matter of making sure you have one who exercises that

Okay!

If you have no faith in men, or your faith is hanging on by a thread- the relationship board is not the place to be. :nono:

I think that all me have cheated at one time or another. I don't think that they cheat on everyone that they are with though. My friend's father admitted that he cheated on his ex wife. Even though he admits it was wrong, he says that he did it because he did not really love, like, or respect her. But he says that things are different with his current wife. They are on another level, he says. Now how true all of that is I have no idea.
So maybe it's a bit of both for you. But more of too much Kells!:grin:
P.S. I am trying to discover my hopeless romantic side so excuse my optimism!!

Wow.
And there you go.

I agree that marriage is a leap of faith. Life can be uncertain, the best that we can do is to try to find a man with integrity and to pray for your marriage/relationship.

No, all men are not cheaters. ;) Unfortunately, people are more vocal when they are dissatisfied in their relationships than when they are happy. The people with faithful husbands and SO are blissfully silent. :yep:

Not all men cheat. A large number do. I believe it was almost more than half compared to about 40% of women. Now, I don't believe all men cheat. Some men are just cheaters by nature. Other men cheat when they allow themselves to be in a bad circumstance (alcohol, loose women etc), others when they are dissatisfied at home.

Don't lose faith. Get to know a man well, get to know that is smart enough to keep away from certain circumstances, know that he honors and loves you, and do the same for him.

No, all men are not cheaters. ;) Unfortunately, people are more vocal when they are dissatisfied in their relationships than when they are happy. The people with faithful husbands and SO are blissfully silent. :yep:

Amen. It really doesn't take all that:drunk:. When it does, something ain't right:nono:

You are being cynical.

:)

:yep:

Yes. Not all men cheat.:nono: That is too general. They are some good and faithful men out here. It is just not fair to lump men in all catergory and or/ compare one to another. Put it this way what kind of men are you attracting? If you are attracting cheating times then ask your self why? Then fix so that you can attract the 40 year plus faithful man:yep:

I agree.

Okay!

If you have no faith in men, or your faith is hanging on by a thread- the relationship board is not the place to be. :nono:

It depresses me coming over here.

:yep:

Women cheat too.

Not all men cheat.

There are people who will never cheat.

There are one in a lifetime special circumstances I was drunk cheaters.

There are serial repeat offenders cheaters.

And any variation in between.

And that goes for both sexes.

Okay!

ITA.

HOWEVER, some of the mess that goes down in here - clear cases of women walking around with BLINDERS on. And it seems like women, moreso than men, are so afraid to have that "where do we stand" conversation - assuming that because SHE wants to be in a monogamous, committed, dating relationship, that he wants and will act on the same "want". Like there's some magic formula to know when a man is committed to you:

"we hang out" + "he takes me out to dinner" + "I met some folks in his family" + "we have sex" = "He's all mine". :nono2:

My girl once made an analogy to women and shoes. How we have different pairs for different purposes and we try different brands until we find one brand we like - and then all of a sudden we've got a closet full of 'em... men are the same way. Ain't no magic formula. They try different women until they decide its time to settle down, then they find one they like and bam! He's out the game. I don't understand why that is so hard for some folks to understand...

Whoever wrote "He's Just Not That Into You" needs to write a sequel

"Forget what you think, he is not your man".

Okay!

i agree. imo, most people in healthy relationships are not posting in the relationship forum. why would they need to? don't buy into this forum, music or the media too much or else you will end up being the person who forever doubts men and therefore will probably never have a functional relationship. i think many men cheat but not all of them do. i do not doubt a man until he actually gives me good reason to do so.

Last edited:
ITA.

HOWEVER, some of the mess that goes down in here - clear cases of women walking around with BLINDERS on. And it seems like women, moreso than men, are so afraid to have that "where do we stand" conversation - assuming that because SHE wants to be in a monogamous, committed, dating relationship, that he wants and will act on the same "want". Like there's some magic formula to know when a man is committed to you:

"we hang out" + "he takes me out to dinner" + "I met some folks in his family" + "we have sex" = "He's all mine". :nono2:

My girl once made an analogy to women and shoes. How we have different pairs for different purposes and we try different brands until we find one brand we like - and then all of a sudden we've got a closet full of 'em... men are the same way. Ain't no magic formula. They try different women until they decide its time to settle down, then they find one they like and bam! He's out the game. I don't understand why that is so hard for some folks to understand...

Great post. I agree 100%. :yep:

i agree. imo, most people in healthy relationships are not posting in the relationship forum. why would they need to? don't buy into this forum, music or the media too much or else you will end up being the person who forever doubts men and therefore will probably never have a functional relationship. i think many men cheat but not all of them do. i do not doubt a man until he actually gives me good reason to do so.

You're right.

It might as well be called the "help me sort out my drama" forum.

With rare exception of a chosen few I do believe that at one point in time or another most men are going to cheat on their SO.

I just feel that men have waaaay to many options to stay loyal to one woman for 40 + years (if married).

But then again maybe like I said before I am being synical, however almost every male that I know has had at least one indiscression while in a commited relationship.

So how do you ladies feel about this topic?
Are men destined to cheat or have I been listening to too much R. Kelly ?:perplexed

I believe this. When my cousin who is a pastor and the last person on earth I'd ever thought would cheat, cheat on his wife (she took him back), then I know most men will do it.

Well, call me cynical too then. Of all the men on this EARTH, I never thought my own daddy would be the type... but alas. *sigh*

I don't know what to think about men anymore. :nono:

Yes you are being cynical and yes, all men cheat. Well unless they have some other major problem (alcoholism/drug addiction, refusing to work etc). If he's not cheating, I can almost guarantee he's doing something else that a woman would not be able to put up with long-term :yep:

Tis all.

I agree with this. People dont ask for advice or complain when they are happy and satisfied. .

This is so true! There are many men who are faithful and who would never cheat, but that's not as juicy.

Yes you are being cynical and yes, all men cheat. Well unless they have some other major problem (alcoholism/drug addiction, refusing to work etc). If he's not cheating, I can almost guarantee he's doing something else that a woman would not be able to put up with long-term :yep:

Tis all.

Wow. It's unfortunate that you will attract exactly what you say. :yep:

Back