Alternatives to Bouquet Toss/Garter Toss

SW2011

I'm not too far away from my wedding, and I'm thinking about the bouquet and garter toss. I know that I won't have too many single women or single men in attendance, and I really don't want to single people out and make them feel uncomfortable.

Has anyone seen any cute alternatives? Anything that was memorable during the reception in lieu of this tradition?

thanks for sparing us single sistas the agony :lol:

how about personally presenting the bouquet to the couple married the longest?

ex: have all of the married couples on the dance floor. then have the dj say something like , "if you've been married one yr or more, continue dancing"

so forth and so forth until only one couple is left

thanks for sparing us single sistas the agony :lol:

how about personally presenting the bouquet to the couple married the longest?

ex: have all of the married couples on the dance floor. then have the dj say something like , "if you've been married one yr or more, continue dancing"

so forth and so forth until only one couple is left

Thanks! Those are cute ideas.

I know that I've been to tons of weddings and HATED the bouquet toss. Most of the time I'd stay in my seat. :lachen:

oh, i forgot the most important part of my post:

congratulations_wedding_rings.jpg

Good for you :) At the last wedding I attended my mom forced me to stand in the bouquet catch line. I stood in the back, very annoyed. Of course, the bouquet passes evenyone who is fighting and lands at my feet :rolleyes: I went ahead and bent down and picked it up as I did not want to be too rude.

The worst part was when it came time for the guy to put the garter on my leg. There was a lot of whispering and he apologized profusely saying that he was engaged and his fiance was there and did not feel it would be appropriate :blush: So someone else filled it. I must say it was a highly embarrassing fiasco all around :wallbash:

I like the idea of passing the bouquet to the oldest married couple :)

Last edited:
Back