ALTER EGO GARLIC DEEP CONDITIONER!!

So ladies... does anyone know where I can find this in Atlanta? I'm having some shedding issues & I'd rather this than the homemade garlic paste.

So is this a protein or moisturizing conditioner? I hope its not protein. I just bought a large bottle of Mendex online. :/

I am going to give this a shot since I have there relaxer in my head which I love. Silacon mix took my attention away from this product but Silacon Mix was such a great disappointment.

Okay so I ordered the Alter Ego & used it 2 weeks ago. It stopped the shedding dead in its tracks. My question for the Alter Ego oldtimers is how often would you suggest my using it? Weekly? Every other week? Monthly? TIA...

For a very long time, I would use it weekly, with great success. Applied it to my hair and scalp, and used for at least 30 minutes with heat. My results were always good soft, well moisturized hair, along with halted shedding.

I always recommend weekly deep conditioning, at a minimum. But I have deep conditioned 2-3 times a week and had positive results too. The key if you frequently DC is to ensure that you are using products for your hair that will not cause other issues with frequent use.

For example, my results if I DCd 2xs a week with a heavy silicone, or a strengthening (protein/polymeric) conditioner were not as good for my goals as when I just used a pure organic moisturizing DC. It's truly trial and error for the best routine that fits your hair care regimen, product choices, and your individual hair health goals.

I have to say that I have been impressed with my AE Garlic Condish! Definitely a staple.

Bumpity bump bump and my wallet now hates all of you :whip:
I'm in desparate need of some MT after a relaxer mess and I need something to counteract the shedding. From what I've been reading this is a Godsend! Just ordered it...

Man,

I did it again! I'm spending way too much money on hair products. I did notice my hair shedding probably from a whacked roller set. That's it. No more. Rehab Please.

India

The CHEAPEST place to buy is at the hair shows. Alter Ego goes to the big shows -

- Other than that, sometimes you can get it at a local BSS at a reasonable price, but for the larger bottles its around $30

-This is not a purely moisture or protein conditioner - so I wouldn't put it in either category. I would list it as a treatment - and a hair builder since it is primarily peptide based with some conditioning agents.

-This give incredible shine for relaxed hair.

I LOVES me some ALTER Ego Garlic Conditioner :) Yes mam
I started using mine at the beginning of last year and I still have some left. It won't make it this year.

This is a great investment. I love this conditioner Sooooo MUCH!

In melts in my hair and not in my hands I absolutely get the softest hair and it loosens any tangles right up.

are you guys talking about the nourishing garlic treatment or the original deep treatment with garlic?

I was just about to order this when I found it in the back of my closet. The problem is that I do not remember when I purchased it. I wonder how long the shelf life is?

bumping just because i dug my jar out to use tonight.

dont judge me. i KNOW im not the only one that uses a product and while said product is in your hair you come on here to look up past reviews and threads on said product.

I've started using AE garlic condish about 2 weeks ago....I'm in braids with extensions right now so I wont be able to evaluate the degree of shedding if any that i'm having. Take down time will reveal all.

Back