Alcoholic Ex is moving on already

True,

My completely messed up ex-husband has a woman and I could not care less. If he miraculously changes his life by being with her..so be it. But the odds of that happening are slim...I would say the same with your ex...particularly if he has done nothing to cure his alcoholism.

Men..will never go without...so no need in wondering why. A bum on the street can have a woman at the snap of a finger..its just how things are.

Your feelings aren't wrong and a bit understandable.My suggestion, is to focus on your happiness, healing and moving on. :)

You should be grateful your not the new woman and he is in your past. Some males and females can't stand themselves enough to be alone. I'm sure he will continue this cycle until he finally hits rock bottom. Your heart will heal and be open to someone special in due time.

Seems like you thought that dumping him would make him see the light, rehabilitate himself them come back to you, but it didn't work that way and now you are baffled. JMHO

I agree with the other poster, a man can get another woman at the snap of the finger, it doesn't mean she has what you were lacking or vice versa, that is just the way it is. A woman can also get a man at the snap of the finger in each case it doesn't mean the new person has any substance.

My friend sent me this message recently which kinda sadden me but it speaks the truth...

A Dog doesn't become a real man until he loses a good woman
A good woman doesn't become a ***** until she's been with a dog.

I spent 10 years with a guy that I thought I was going to marry. He was very verbally abusive, barely worked and had a "weed" habit. We broke up last year and he and I both have moved on since, but now he has stopped his "habit" and he is working and going to College (he's 32). He is also in counseling for his behavior.

I do not feel any anger, because I know the law of love that sometime it is just not meant to be. Remember some people are for a season, reason or for a lifetime. Be happy for him (don't resent) and great things will come back to you in return.

My friend sent me this message recently which kinda sadden me but it speaks the truth...

A Dog doesn't become a real man until he loses a good woman
A good woman doesn't become a ***** until she's been with a dog.

I spent 10 years with a guy that I thought I was going to marry. He was very verbally abusive, barely worked and had a "weed" habit. We broke up last year and he and I both have moved on since, but now he has stopped his "habit" and he is working and going to College (he's 32). He is also in counseling for his behavior.

I do not feel any anger, because I know the law of love that sometime it is just not meant to be. Remember some people are for a season, reason or for a lifetime. Be happy for him (don't resent) and great things will come back to you in return.

Great great post...particularly the bolded!

Some of us women need to fix our 'birds with broken wings sydrome' we want to help those that need it and love them into wholeness and a healthy love-they have to do it for themselves

if its meant to be between you two-rest assured he will come back to you-the right way

If you truly want to let go then stop monitoring his e-mail. You can't move forward if you are still trying to keep tabs on him.

You may want to read up on codependency. A lot of us nurturers tend to also be codependent.

Back