After Co-Washing - Air Dry - Then What?

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
Like many ladies on here.....i love to Co-Wash. Probably 2x during the week. I normally co-wash using the CG² (Curly Girl & Crown Glory Methods) but I'm sorta stuck during and after the air-drying phase.

I place my hair in pig tails and twist them into bantu knots 100% of the time.

• Problem #1| There isn't much tension but won't that cause damage regardless because I'm air drying my hair pulled back in ponytails? Any alternatives?
Once my hair is dry, bantu knots leave well defined soft chunky curls.

• Problem #2| At night I moisturize and place my hair back into 2 bantu knots - come morning - tons of oil stringy looking waves. Any solutions?

GOOGLE PHOTOS (for better visuals)

BEFORE (co-wash day)

Snapshot_20110225_5-vi.jpg

AFTER (next day hair)

img-thing

Last edited:
Your hair looks great. I do not see what the problem is. The bantu knots are a good idea, actually I plan to shift to them as my hair grows out. The results suit you well. Are your relaxed or natural?

I don't see any problem. Just change your moisturizer or if you are adding oils after, choose a lighter oil like sunflower or grapeseed, skip the oil all together, or apply it every other night.

You hair looks very nice. If it is working for you keep doing it. Then modify it when it stops working.

Maybe skip the moisturizing at night. I think your hair looks good , though. I don't see what the problem is

I do something very similar to what you do. I airdry my hair in 2 braids, once the braids are dry I wear my hair in a bun. This makes big loose waves. I add moisture as needed, usualy only to the ends.

Shoot, can I request a mini style tutorial for Look 1? Sorry I cant help, but its really cute!
How many pigtails do you do?

Maybe skip the moisturizing at night. I think your hair looks good , though. I don't see what the problem is

I do something very similar to what you do. I airdry my hair in 2 braids, once the braids are dry I wear my hair in a bun. This makes big loose waves. I add moisture as needed, usualy only to the ends.

I will try that. Usually when my hair is wet...it doesn't stay in a braid or twist. Any tips on the 2 braids? Do you roll your ends?

Back