Shampoo + Condition + Air-Dry= THEN what??

Do you air-dry your hair?

• YES! I air-dry ALL the time after every shampoo/wash.

Votes: 196 54.9%
  • NO. I've never air-dried my hair.

Votes: 15 4.2%
  • Sometimes, but not very often.

Votes: 62 17.4%
  • Yes, I air-dry most of the time, but I alternate between rollersets & Air-drying.

Votes: 84 23.5%

• Total voters
If I airdry my hair by just keeping it out... I'd have an afro. not cute on my apple-head.

I let it dry while it's styled in a bun. When my hair is relaxed straight with no new growth, it is very easy to dry. When it airdried, I would use those trusty Caruso Rollers and my hair would look very nice... yet short.

I also have fine 4a hair and a few days ago I airdryed for the first time in years and I was too impressed with the results:) I will be doing it from now on. After washing I applied my oil moisturizer + sprayed olive oil in my hands and ran through my hair. I did a normal ponytail rollerset roll like I would do if I was going to sit under the dryer but I didnt (I ensured that my ends were well coated with the oil moisturizer). -- I use self attaching rollers that I got from sally's they come in a pack of 3-4.

I didn't tie my hair up but I tired my edges down with a silk sarf and went to bed. When I woke up the next morning my hair had so much body and my ends looked so silky, not frizzy or unhealthy. I had maybe 3 strands of hair to come out a lot less than with drying. THIS IS MY NEW METHOD:D :D

once I am 6wks post relax, roller setting under dryer is my only option, have tried all other of airdrying- twistout, braids its only last a day and its gone fizzy and ugly. Although have not tried rollersetting without dryer, will try this soon to see.
Am currently 7wks and 2 days, and aiming for 18wks stretch and will be roller setting till then. I mainlly use magnetic rollers, but will be trying flexi rods as i heard it hides the new growth better.
best of luck

Back