Afraid to date ?

KatKronicles

Hey ladies,

I have removed myself from the dating pool, for reasons A-Z and, In fact I have become sort of well my attention to the details arent as clear as they once were.

I really dont like inviting strange men into my life anymore, and have refrained from doing so out of not inviting hurt, drama, confusion into my life.

However, this fine and articulate, brother approached me yesterday, and I found allthough I was busy, and allthough I continued what I was doing, I found that I had engaged in a light but very freindly conversation for maybe 20 minutes.:rolleyes: I never do this, I rarely have 20 seconds of convo for the opposite sex. So I gave him my number, And he called, but now I am confused, Isnt this a bad sign ? Or a test ? I didnt know who it was, but secretly I sortof hoped it was him. But I dont remember the rules in the game when It comes to men calling so damn quickly.

Im over analyzing this out of fear I know, but, um, How are you women who have removed your self out of harms way dealing with unexpected strange men, who you find yourself pondering thinking about getting to know ?

There really are no rules. You decide what's right for your life. Personally, there's no harm in talking, if it progresses to more....great....just be acquaintences (sp) 1st and if it grows to a friendship then wonderful and if more than that...wonderful. My advice, don't spend your time over analzying something that's not worth the energy. Go forth and be happy

Hey ladies,

I have removed myself from the dating pool, for reasons A-Z and, In fact I have become sort of well my attention to the details arent as clear as they once were.

I really dont like inviting strange men into my life anymore, and have refrained from doing so out of not inviting hurt, drama, confusion into my life.

However, this fine and articulate, brother approached me yesterday, and I found allthough I was busy, and allthough I continued what I was doing, I found that I had engaged in a light but very freindly conversation for maybe 20 minutes.:rolleyes: I never do this, I rarely have 20 seconds of convo for the opposite sex. So I gave him my number, And he called, but now I am confused, Isnt this a bad sign ? Or a test ? I didnt know who it was, but secretly I sortof hoped it was him. But I dont remember the rules in the game when It comes to men calling so damn quickly.

Im over analyzing this out of fear I know, but, um, How are you women who have removed your self out of harms way dealing with unexpected strange men, who you find yourself pondering thinking about getting to know ?

Hey ladies,

Hi Kittenxxx,

I'm curious, why are you considering them strange men..yes, you don't know them, but dunno..I'm picking up alot of fear in your post. Its one thing to just not want to focus on men and another thing to be afraid to deal with them. What are you afraid of?

Back