AfashionSlave’s “Have some fun for cryin out loud” hair challenge!!!

AFashionSlave

It’s time to enjoy your hair.

This post is dedicated to those of you who are always on some kinda hair challenge. Ya know protective styling challenge, keep it simple challenge, no heat challenge, bla bla bla.

So I challenge all of you to join the AfashionSlave’s “Have some fun for cryin outloud” hair challenge!

Here are the rules to the challenge:
Do whatever the he!! you wanna to do to your hair for 3 days….that’s it. That is the only rule.
Bet ya that your hair will not fall out.

Here are a few ideas if any of you are clueless about what to do for 3 days:
Make love to your man without your sleep bonnet.
Leave the buns alone for 1 week.
Go to bed without covering your head
Don’t comb your hair if you don’t feel like it.
Go swimming without the use of a swim cap
Stop taking your 45 hair growth vitamins every day
Don't wear that wig if you don't feel like it

Before any of you get all bent out of shape and reply to this post with one of those “but don't you feel that this will be counter productive to all of the hard work that I've been doing?” type comments please don’t take my post so seriously. I just want folks to understand that it’s OK to enjoy yourself and have fun with your hair every once in a while.

:) Have a good day everybody!

Last edited:
Cute post :lol:. Being free and enjoying yourself every once in a while is what life is all about :grin:. -- jainygirl

I feel where you're coming from, AFashionSlave!

I feel overwhelmed by all the challenges. I am on this site CONSTANTLY. I am a LHCF addict for real!!

I think this is cool. I do those things often. except when I sleep without a scarf/cap, my hair gets tangly and prone to breakage. I will do it on the occasional weeknights when I get alone time with my man.

Great post! Actually I haen't been in the hair tips forum in weeks. I've discovered be good to your hair and not militant.

I love your thread AfashionSlave! I've been having fun with my hair since I started with the hair boards and LHCF. You're right, making it a fun and joyful experience is the key.

Although I still have not used heat on my hair (which makes me feel very good, BTW), I am having fun with wearing my hair down a lot and feeling free. My hair is thriving because there is no worry going on.

Yes Fashion !... I am loving the hair i got now... forget the the hair I will have later... ! great thread!

Great post! We all deserve to have fun with our hair.
:bdance: :yay: :yay: :dance7: :yay: :yay: :bdance:

Also, enjoy the long holiday weekend everybody!

I do enjoy my hair. My hair is thriving because Im not on any particular CHALENGES I just take care of my hair like a good girl should. I wash, condiition, rollerset or just GO! Its fun when you enjoy your long beautiful hair!!

I've been having fun with my hair and wearing it down for the past 6 weeks.
I noticed that I'm not as obsessive about growing my hair out my hair thrives either way.

No silk, no sleep. That's just how it goes for me. But I will try to "let my hair down" a little more often.

This sounds good to me too its okay to leave your hair be for once! I can't even remember the last time I went to bed with a head scarf on. Funny post!

I'm feeling this idea! Not been too focused on my hair, I became discouraged as I personally was checkin' for growth too often :lol:

i think u were peeping in my window when u posted this??? cuz i dont hardly do jack to my hair!

i love my hair, and i have fun with it everyday!!! WOOHOO

ooh, i was looking for this thread last month but couldnt find it so i put some braids in instead to give myself a break

Back