Advice on texlaxing please, just this one last time, i promise. help needed....PICS!

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
well here i go: i started my texlax like i said i would, but not the whole head yet!!!!!

i will also make a thread of my finished product, but i just want to check and ask you ladies if im doing everything right first before i go and do my whole head lol lol.

so i laxed enuff hair to fill about four medium rollers and here it is below:

compare my mini texlaxed bun to the back of my head lol. totatly different!!

**next pic is my mini rollerset lol. check it out!! its so nice and soft and bouncy!!

And this is what i used!!

i mixed relaxer with olive oil!! and i put mega tek on my hair before the nuetralizer!!

i even put some of my trusty care free curl on it and it was smooth and soft.

what else do i need to know!!!! please tell me before i move forward, pleasee, i dont want to screw up! thanks ladies. will show my finished product soooon!!![/SIZE

http://public.fotki.com/AdoraAdora24/texlaxing-getting-s/cimg0957-jpg.html#media <--go here if these pics disapear! sorry about the big pics

By the way: no heat was used for the mini rollerset. all air dried!!!!

Last edited:
Re: Advice on texlaxing please, just this one last time, i promise. help needed....PI

Looks like you're doing a really good job already adora! You're gonna love texlaxed hair!

Re: Advice on texlaxing please, just this one last time, i promise. help needed....PI

Looks like you're doing a really good job already adora! You're gonna love texlaxed hair!

thank youuu, im over here being all jumpy lol, nervous.

i did not use gloves. i have to feel what im doing!

im not doing my whole head at once becuase of time!! so i spend 8 mins on each part so im very careful about the time!!

The best relaxing advice I can give is to let the neutralizer sit for at least 5 minutes. My stylist neutralizes me 2x, then lets it sits 5 minutes, then neutralizes one more time.

I don't know much about mega tek but I do know that it is good to use a protein or moisturizing conditioner (depending on what you need) before neutralizing because at this point your cuticles are open.

Your section looks good! Can't wait to see the rest!

Looks really pretty! I can't wait to see the finished product!

The best relaxing advice I can give is to let the neutralizer sit for at least 5 minutes. My stylist neutralizes me 2x, then lets it sits 5 minutes, then neutralizes one more time.

I don't know much about mega tek but I do know that it is good to use a protein or moisturizing conditioner (depending on what you need) before neutralizing because at this point your cuticles are open.

Your section looks good! Can't wait to see the rest!

thank you soo much!! i let mines on for about 3mins and did it twice. i will leave it on for five next time, thanks:yep::yep:

The curl looks nice :)

But it's hard for me to tell how much texture you left in your hair from those pics.

What do you plan on doing for the rest? Are you going to texlax it in sections so that you don't risk processing it longer than necessary? You have a LOT of hair, so I would consider doing it that way if I were you. Kami has a great video on how she relaxes. She parts her hair in half, then prepares all her sections beforehand. She relaxes one side, rinses, then relaxes the other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMjrIeJsbXM

Also, SistaSlick has some great articles you should read first:

How to Texlax Your Hair: Simple Techniques and Tips

The Beginner's Guide to Texlaxing

I hope some of that helps. I can't wait to see the end result!

The curl looks nice :)

But it's hard for me to tell how much texture you left in your hair from those pics.

What do you plan on doing for the rest? Are you going to texlax it in sections so that you don't risk processing it longer than necessary? You have a LOT of hair, so I would consider doing it that way if I were you. Kami has a great video on how she relaxes. She parts her hair in half, then prepares all her sections beforehand. She relaxes one side, rinses, then relaxes the other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMjrIeJsbXM

Also, SistaSlick has some great articles you should read first:

How to Texlax Your Hair: Simple Techniques and Tips

The Beginner's Guide to Texlaxing

I hope some of that helps. I can't wait to see the end result!

thank you, i plan to do very small sections becuase of the time issue, very small section than wash out and start again on another!!! i try to be very careful when doing this!! thanks!!!

Adora, the curl looks very pretty. Wow, air-dried--that's awesome!

Adora, the curl looks very pretty. Wow, air-dried--that's awesome!

thank you, i was suprised, i only had the roller in hair for about an hour. when i took it out i was like :blush::blush::blush:. and then:grin::grin::grin:.

ok, i used a no lye relaxer. i heard bad things about them leaving alot of calcium on the hair cuasing dryness!! my hair does not feel dry but what shampoo can i get for that??? thanks in advance!!

Get a Chelating Shampoo to get rid of the calcium Build up. I don't have any names on hand but I know giovanni has one.

I am actually anxious to see the results. It looks really pretty so far.

No-LYe leaves the hair dry and damages the hair more overtime., but just take extra care of your hair give it protein which is what your were doing anywho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PffMT-7J7r0 this explains it better then I can tell it!

Last edited:

ok, i used a no lye relaxer. i heard bad things about them leaving alot of calcium on the hair cuasing dryness!! my hair does not feel dry but what shampoo can i get for that??? thanks in advance!!

organic root stimulator creamy aloe shampoo. I used it on my mother after I relaxed her hair.

thanks ladies for your help. i so appreciate it!
when its all said it done, i hope it looks like--->orand

oh please lord let it come out looking like these heads!!

Adora your curls are really pretty; please take a pic of the rollers your using when you post the finished Job. -----> waits anxiously :D

Adora your curls are really pretty; please take a pic of the rollers your using when you post the finished Job. -----> waits anxiously :D

i will do!:yep::yep: thank you

i was thinking about doing a youtube, but im too scared lol.

The relaxer didn't mess with your hands since you didn't use protection? They have a spray on type gloves but I forget exactly what it was called. This was a thread on it awhile back. Can't wait to see the finished product. I'm excited for you!

It looks beautiful so far. Make sure to post some texture pics before you rollerset your whole head.:yep:

I can't wait to see the finished product! so far so good girl! I love the curls!!

Hey Adora! Looks like your doing a great job! I think texlaxing small sections at a time is genius especially since you want to achieve uniform results.

Just keep in mind, if your hair is not all the same texture, the timing would have to be specialized per section.

I would love to see your end results!!!

There was someone on youtube who is also a member here who did a video of her texlaxing or relaxing, and she didnt use gloves because she wanted to be able to feel the product as well. I believe she used plastic clips amd her hair was pretty long i think...I can not remember the name.

Beautiful. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Hey Adora! Looks like your doing a great job! I think texlaxing small sections at a time is genius especially since you want to achieve uniform results.

Just keep in mind, if your hair is not all the same texture, the timing would have to be specialized per section.

I would love to see your end results!!!

There was someone on youtube who is also a member here who did a video of her texlaxing or relaxing, and she didnt use gloves because she wanted to be able to feel the product as well. I believe she used plastic clips amd her hair was pretty long i think...I can not remember the name.

thank you!! this is a picture of my texture after i texlaxed it! when its wet its looser waves!! and it sure takes well to a roller like ive never seen!!!

more pics in fotki! Doesnt my hair look blacker?? i think it does.....

Last edited:

Hurry up and finish! I want to see!!!!! It looks awesome so far! Great job!!!!!!

:sad:..........:nono::poke::barf: I just don't want you to regret it!:wallbash:

Adora be careful not using gloves, when I worked in the salon (could be because I was doing about 5 relaxers daily) my fingerprints were chemically burned off, my skin layer was burned off something aweful. and the pain was something I wouldn't want to revisit.

I too am ANXIOUS to see the results hurry hurry, pics pics.

it looks so nice so far. :D

The relaxer didn't mess with your hands since you didn't use protection? They have a spray on type gloves but I forget exactly what it was called. This was a thread on it awhile back. Can't wait to see the finished product. I'm excited for you!

FOUND IT!

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=417640

Here's a really good liquid glove that in my belief would work better than the one in the thread

http://www.syderma.com/index.html

Last edited:

Your curl looks treat adora! And I LOVE the texture you still have! Cant wait to see everything!

I am so waiting to see the finished product :)

That curl looks niiiiice. Hurry up and post the finish result. You already know what effect you can have on making people wait for pics.

Back