Texlaxed hair = Damaged hair? I don't think so! (Advice needed - lots of pics)

I had these knots too but once I started detangling everyday, it stopped. I have to detangle my fine strands everyday or at least every other day. I lightly detangle with a very wide tooth comb prior to washing.

:yep: What she said. I cowash/detangle almost every day and have no issues. A little shed hair but nothing major.

I'm for the majority texlaxed with about 4-5 inches of new growth. My hair never tangles. What kind of conditioner are you using? Aussie moist makes my hair so slippery and soft I can basically do it with my fingers. I have never ever in life been bone straight...I don't see how at the ends it can get that tangled. If I have any tangles it usually starts at the new growth the roots. Luckily my new growth and texlaxed hair are almost about the same..the wave pattern is a smidgen looser on the texlaxed part.

BTW... I LOOOOVE your hair! It's beautiful!!!

I am not texlaxed but for the first six months of this year I had terrible tangling when I washed my hair. I would get a trim twice a year because I baby my ends (no heat, etc.). At first, I thought it was just shed hair getting tangled with the rest of my hair. It slowly got to the point where my hair had great length (almost bra strap) but was a bit thin. I had no choice but to take a few inches off. Guess what? No more tangles. It was my ends that was causing the tangling. They were not split but they must have somehow have been damaged/raggedy. I get absolutely no tangles now and can't believe that I struggled with the tangles for so long. This is my long way of saying, it could be your ends.

Okay, thanks for the feedback. This makes me feel better because I couldn't understand why my hair had changed so much. I don't want to cut back to APL though. Ideally, I would at least like to get to my midback goal first and then trim it away.

So Fluffyred, are you going to trim or start doing bone-straight relaxers?

I'm not going to trim. I just make sure I do Low mani and i finger-detangle.

I think it looks like a lot of hair because it's all coming out at once. Actually, it could be two weeks of shed hair that got stuck.

Aussie moist makes my hair so slippery and soft I can basically do it with my fingers. I have never ever in life been bone straight...I don't see how at the ends it can get that tangled. If I have any tangles it usually starts at the new growth the roots.
My tangles involve my new growth tangling around ends.

But I will DEF get some Aussie MOist today. (I concur with keep the protein balance, though)Your hair is gorgeous, Fab!

:yep: What she said. I cowash/detangle almost every day and have no issues. A little shed hair but nothing major.

I'm for the majority texlaxed with about 4-5 inches of new growth. My hair never tangles. What kind of conditioner are you using? Aussie moist makes my hair so slippery and soft I can basically do it with my fingers. I have never ever in life been bone straight...I don't see how at the ends it can get that tangled. If I have any tangles it usually starts at the new growth the roots. Luckily my new growth and texlaxed hair are almost about the same..the wave pattern is a smidgen looser on the texlaxed part.

Thanks! I currently have been using Bioloage Hydratherapie shampoo and condish for nearly a year, but I really don't like it much. Once I'm three weeks post, I have to add some kind of oil just to get a little slip.

I definitely need some new products. Thanks for the suggestions.

also stick to products that are pH balanced. Also Occasional use of acidic rinses after conditioning whether home made like diluted acv, or a prepared rinse like roux porosity control are great for helping improve porosity and sealing hair cuticles, helping to to decrease tangles and knots.

How often would you recommend using this type of product. Is weekly or biweekly too often?

I also use this, and I agree.

Thanks! I currently have been using Bioloage Hydratherapie shampoo and condish for nearly a year, but I really don't like it much. Once I'm three weeks post, I have to add some kind of oil just to get a little slip.

I definitely need some new products. Thanks for the suggestions.

I would try weekly at first until the hair improves. From there I would assess the hairs condition and then use it on an as needed basis.

good luck!

I would try weekly at first until the hair improves. From there I would assess the hairs condition and then use it on an as needed basis.

good luck!

Will do. I'm going to try the porosity conditioner this week as well as the Paul Mitchell smoothing and add gentle combing to my reggie. I also am replacing my olive oil with grapeseed oil (another suggestion from a LHCFer). When I get my relaxer (within the next two weeks), I will get my hair flat ironed so I can what truly needs to be trimmed.

If I need a big trim, I would definitely be surprised becuase I'm taking all precautions that everyone warns about on this site.

Oh well, we'll see until then. Thanks everyone!

I'll provide an update

Back