Advice for Wig Novice

free2bme

I am a complete wig novice and i want to get serious with protective styling this winter. ( I live in Chicago and last winter did a number on my hair) I'm looking for a simple wig that's similar in length and texture to my relaxed 4b collar bone length hair. Not over a 100 bucks and preferably human hair. The wigs I see in beauty supply stores look so plasticy, barbie doll like.

Is this an impossible wish list? Does this wig really exist or will I have better luck sighting a unicorn prancing over a rainbow?

Why don't you just purchase two bundles and just make the wig? I feel like that is actually going to be your easier option rather than tracking down a decent wig under $100. Not these days...

Bumping cos I'm looking for one also. Sam's beauty supply has some nice wigs but not what I'm looking for.

Why don't you just purchase two bundles and just make the wig? I feel like that is actually going to be your easier option rather than tracking down a decent wig under $100. Not these days...

I don't have the skills to buy, making one is a gigantic leap! How do you make a wig from bundles of hair?

Do anyone have a link to a good tutorial. I've wanted to make a wig out of my kinky curly hair but I can't find a good tutorial it's a bit confusing for me.

I don't have the skills to buy, making one is a gigantic leap! How do you make a wig from bundles of hair?

You can make a u-part wig or a full wig with a closure if you dont want any leave out. Or you can do the fold over method. There are plenty of tutorials out there. You simply have to type in the name of any of those methods & a plethora of those techniques should surface. Feel free to ask questions though.

Back