Adults Only: Hair Pulling by the SO...

carameldelight87

So, hopefully everyone reading this is grown and hopefully this isn't too risque a topic for LHCF and I won't get booted or anything. Lol. :look:

During "grown up time," my SO loves to pull my hair. And I honestly love it too. :Blush2: However, I'm an almost APL natural with 3c/4a hair and I'm trying to grow it as long as I can.

My question is, do any of you ladies notice excessive breakage from hair pulling? I don't wanna tell him to stop, but I don't wanna slow down my already snail-like growth process just for a little pleasure.

Also, does it make a difference HOW he pulls it? For example, he usually grabs a handful and pulls from the roots with a semi-closed fist as opposed to pulling from the ends as if he were pulling my ponytail.

This may be TMI but I know I'm not the only one on this forum that's dealt with this. :nono:

EDIT: Just to defend my SO, I'm not thinkin about this while we're "coloring." He wouldn't even let me. :lol:

But it started during our first kiss and I had my hair in a twist out and he pulled on it. It felt real nice but afterwards my scalp was a little tingly. I asked him why he did it and he said he liked it and I started wondering then, could this cause damage?

Last edited:
I would like to know also, my SO is a culprit.
I havent seen breakage, Ith juat makes me worry it will break.

Sent from my Mytouch 4 G using Long Hair Care Forum App

My SO did that once (he pulled it from the ends since it was in a ponytail) and suprisingly I didn't mind :look:. I'm not sure if it's damaging but I don't think pulling from the roots is a good idea either way. I guess as long as it doesn't hurt and no hair is coming out, then it shouldn't be a problem.

My SO did that once (he pulled it from the ends since it was in a ponytail) and suprisingly I didn't mind :look:. I'm not sure if it's damaging but I don't think pulling from the roots is a good idea either way. I guess as long as it doesn't hurt and no hair is coming out, then it shouldn't be a problem.

That makes sense. But I do think hair may be coming out but I don't check to see if it's broken or shed. I'm not THAT much of a hair nazi. Lol.

And the links to Irresistible's thread do help a little but her issue was with her edges. My SO pulls from the crown. I wonder if the same problem would occur seeing as how the edges are usually more sensitive than the crown, I think.

My SO also grabs a handful of hair and pulls from the roots. I don't mind and I don't think there would be much, if any, breakage since he's pulling a large amount of hair at once and not like a few strands or something.

i <3 the hair pulling but i have always assumed that if its more so at the roots its better than at the ends because it just seems like its more secure that way, and usually i pray that his hand does not get hold of my hair where the edges are cause its more likely to break. this is so funny to me, ive been wondering who was going to post this thread so i can chime in lol

My SO also grabs a handful of hair and pulls from the roots. I don't mind and I don't think there would be much, if any, breakage since he's pulling a large amount of hair at once and not like a few strands or something.

I thought the same thing! Grabbing more strands and pulling from the root wouldn't be so bad. Lol.

I just really wanted to know if anyone had disproved that theory I guess. :)

I wanna know why also.

It happened to me once, and only once! I almost ended up going to the hospital. I was sure I had whiplash. :sad: I didn't have whiplash, but too much excitement, accompanied with hair pulling can really go wrong.

Why does men feel the need to pull hair? That is not healthy or good.:nono:

I wanna know why they have that instinct to pull your hair in the first place....

^^^Right because once a guy pulled my hair and he almost did not make it to see another day because I was like :gunner7:

I actually read somewhere that a soft tugg on the length could stimulate growth
"no belated april fools" and when my ex use to do it I never had breakage and my scalp
felt all tingly. If I had my hair loose ie "not in twists / braids" I'd throw a wig on
let him pull on that :) happy grownie time

I wanna know why they have that instinct to pull your hair in the first place....

The same way some men like you to take control or they like you to spank them a little or what have you. Some men have a touch of dominance not the crazy kind but just the feeling of "oh yea I'm getting this really good let me hold on to something so I won't uh express my happiness quite yet and something to really make it good" think of it as the equivalent of biting on something :) (i hang around many dudes so I had the same question)

Im shocked no one has came in and said it wasn't an issue when its hot and heavy and that's the last thing on their mind.

Yall don't put a scarf on? I never got pulls, he just wanted to rub his hands in it.

Im shocked no one has came in and said it wasn't an issue when its hot and heavy and that's the last thing on their mind.

Yall don't put a scarf on? I never got pulls, he just wanted to rub his hands in it.

A scarf on during coloring just seems so uh...unsexy IMO:lol::look:

I personally think as long as the tugging is not excessive or hard, we'll be just fine:yep:

A scarf on during coloring just seems so uh...unsexy IMO:lol::look:

I personally think as long as the tugging is not excessive or hard, we'll be just fine:yep:

:lol::lol:I do my coloring with a satin bonnet on and sometimes in 4 ponytails. What? :spinning: He don't mind. The lights are off. We've been together too long for it to be an issue at this point. But I tend to agree that as long as it is a handful of hair being tugged, it shouldn't cause any issues.

When my BF goes to tug on it, he is very strategic. To the above...Yeah, I'm sure we all wear scarves to bed, but it always slips off in the heat of the moment!

I actually read somewhere that a soft tugg on the length could stimulate growth
"no belated april fools" and when my ex use to do it I never had breakage and my scalp
felt all tingly. If I had my hair loose ie "not in twists / braids" I'd throw a wig on
let him pull on that :) happy grownie time

If that's the case - I'll be requesting hair tugs!!!:grin::lachen:

My DH makes sure he grabs a handful at the roots and though it felt animalisticly good, in the moment I am wondering is this bad for my hair. I checked my hair after and didn't see any coming out.

Mmmmm I have to request for a guy to pull my hair, they never seem to do it on they're own. :ohwell: I like hair pulling and guys only do a gentle tug anyway so I'm not worried about damage. :look:

I wanna know why also.

It happened to me once, and only once! I almost ended up going to the hospital. I was sure I had whiplash. :sad: I didn't have whiplash, but too much excitement, accompanied with hair pulling can really go wrong.

Why does men feel the need to pull hair? That is not healthy or good.:nono:

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

i guess it must be good for the scalp and hair, due to the fact itis increasing blood flow!!!!:grin:

Let me be the first to say it....I don't care -- before, during or after. Hair growth is not that serious where it has to follow me into the bedroom. If he's hittin' it right, "is this causing my hair to break" OR "is this causing a growth spurt" should NOT be on your mind.

*shrug*

Let me be the first to say it....I don't care -- before, during or after. Hair growth is not that serious where it has to follow me into the bedroom. If he's hittin' it right, "is this causing my hair to break" OR "is this causing a growth spurt" should NOT be on your mind.

*shrug*
Exactly, I never thought about this before and I don't care unless a guy pulled a clump of my hair out. Now that would kill the moment. :burnup:

Back