Adults Only: Hair Pulling by the SO...

Ummm how hard are your SOs pulling? Sounds like some of y'all are getting your scalps ripped out:perplexed. My ex-SO used to pull my hair and it was nothing to worry about. No breakage, blood, or anything. More of a run his fingers close to my scalp then lightly pull me closer to him (why did that sound like something out of a romance novel...) Or he would grab my head for a hot kiss (which means his hands were in my hair) but again no breakage. If your hair is getting broke off, or you're getting whip lash you should probably tell him/her to calm down.

Last edited:
HA THIS I FUNNY I ALWAYS WONDER ABOUT THIS!!! anyways it doesnt bother me i dont think its much damage to your hair sometimes my scalp hurts though :nono:....he's does look out for me if im on bottom :look: by making sure i have my satin covered pillow!!:lachen:

Etherealsmile26;13146785[B said:
]A scarf on during coloring just seems so uh...unsexy [/B]IMO:lol::look:

I personally think as long as the tugging is not excessive or hard, we'll be just fine:yep:

No it's not:sekret:

okay...kind've OT but I have a MBL sew in right now. And was coloring last night with SO...and honestly it got in my way. without being too graphic....while being becky, it was ALL in the way. my real hair is just above BSL and i have been on a coloring hiatus my entire HHJ - until yesterday - so i'm not sure if my real hair will have the same effect. is THIS] a problem for anyone? too much hair to wear out for the sexy factor? maybe its because its indian hair and its kind've silky so it kept falling over my shoulders. bending down to kiss, it was in the way and quite frankly i don't wanna keep sweeping it outta the way. maybe starting but halfway thru i was hot, it was sticking to me and like i said it was in my way. MBL is my final goal and part of the reason WHY i wanted hair that length was for the sexy factor....so what do ya'll say about that?

oh and back to the original topic....i don't think its a problem unless its consistently in the same area and its a "tug" not a YANK!

Well my DH pulls the whole thing, he takes it all in his hand and wraps it around and gives it a good tug :lick: honestly I am tender headed but my head is in another zone as LONG as he grabs it all, if he takes a little piece I feel it. So grabbing a whole seems less stressful for my scalp and my hair.

Well my DH pulls the whole thing, he takes it all in his hand and wraps it around and gives it a good tug :lick: honestly I am tender headed but my head is in another zone as LONG as he grabs it all, if he takes a little piece I feel it. So grabbing a whole seems less stressful for my scalp and my hair.
You make me laugh!

If it was from the ends it would be a problem, but a hand full from the roots... may stimulate.... uhhh circulation. Happens all the time, and I have never seen a problem with it.

It doesn't matter what my head looks like - scarf, wig or my own hair. The tugs are lovable tugs not come here girl I'mma snatch your wig off kinda tug. So it's all good; no broken hairs or damage.

I thought I was the only one that had fleetingly thought about this while coloring. So glad to know I'm not so weird after all. I usually just go along with the hair pulling, don't want to ruin the moment and my priority is coloring lol. I'll worry about any hair loss later.

All I can say is I love it. There was only one time when I was scared and that was when I woke up the next day with lumps all in my head but I still did not worry about hair loss.

One day my SO and I sat down and we discussed this very same thing. We're both always up for hair pulling :look: and he's so into me growing my hair long that he didn't want to potentially damage my hair haha. We settled on that making a fist at the roots is juuuusssstttttt fine :yep::yep:

I wanna know why they have that instinct to pull your hair in the first place....

It's a control thing, I think. He likes to dominate. I like it because it usually means he's really into it and I'm a people pleaser. Don't get me wrong, it's not violent and he won't EVER be able to dominate any more than that. But every so often, I like a man to be in control. :Blush2:

Last edited:
... is THIS] a problem for anyone? too much hair to wear out for the sexy factor?

I think any hair that falls down is gonna be in the way. Since I'm natural my hair sits straight up and I don't have that problem. However, what I do find is that my SO will try to move my hair cuz it's blockin his becky visual. :lol:

I don't know about y'all but I'm rough. Biting, scratching, and pulling are my things. meh. I have a weave so he can pull it all he wants :look: during nasty time. I have tons of thread so I can fix a track. :yep:

All I can say is I love it. There was only one time when I was scared and that was when I woke up the next day with lumps all in my head but I still did not worry about hair loss.

I don't know about y'all but I'm rough. Biting, scratching, and pulling are my things. meh. I have a weave so he can pull it all he wants :look: during nasty time. I have tons of thread so I can fix a track. :yep:

Girl :lachen:

Is this a generational thing? I have never heard women of my generation saying their SO is pulling their hair during coloring.

okay...kind've OT but I have a MBL sew in right now. And was coloring last night with SO...and honestly it got in my way. without being too graphic....while being becky, it was ALL in the way. my real hair is just above BSL and i have been on a coloring hiatus my entire HHJ - until yesterday - so i'm not sure if my real hair will have the same effect. is THIS] a problem for anyone? too much hair to wear out for the sexy factor? maybe its because its indian hair and its kind've silky so it kept falling over my shoulders. bending down to kiss, it was in the way and quite frankly i don't wanna keep sweeping it outta the way. maybe starting but halfway thru i was hot, it was sticking to me and like i said it was in my way. MBL is my final goal and part of the reason WHY i wanted hair that length was for the sexy factor....so what do ya'll say about that?

oh and back to the original topic....i don't think its a problem unless its consistently in the same area and its a "tug" not a YANK!

EbonyCPrincess I am past APL and a few times at this length and even past shoulder length, my hair was in the way. I prefer it pulled back in a ponytail. Also I find when lose my hair get dry from the process. Another factor of it being loose it may get stuff on my back and I feel it being pulled. The concept of it being loose is great but in reality I haven't found how to make it work for me. I don't want hair on my mind during those moments.

Mine pulls my hair but doesn't yank it. Pulling is cool, yanking isn't. I prefer "coloring" with a little hair pulling, it's sessy.... "runs back to gutter"

I think there's more of a problem of matted hair rather than breakage from pulling.
Just sayin :giggle:

This is true! I'm sorry but after coloring, if my hair is out, I don't have the energy to twist it up like I'm supposed to. So the next morning is a mess. :ohwell: I've also gotta get my SO a satin pillowcase just for me. :lol:

Back