Adorable: A White Man's Opinion of His Wife's Natural Journey

I think that was adorable. Even though I wish she was making more eye contact with him, that was weird. He kept looking at her and she's looking everywhere but back at him. Yeah, he looked like a 13 year old, but his words showed that he was more of a man then a lot of the grown looking knuckled heads running around.

I'd love to see videos and testimonials about the husbands and boyfriends POV of transitioning and big chops.

As far as race, it just matches what my experience was, that black people seem to be a little more freaked about natural hair then white people. It's weird. Very, very weird.

It's not weird. Why in the world would most white people worry about something they don't have to deal with?????? Do I concern myself about sunburn? Nah, because my skin doesn't burn, too much melanin.

Black men have kinks growing out of their head. Their mamas and daddies had kinks, and their kids will have kinks. It's nothing brand new.

For many white people, it's like a novelty, not something personal to them. Of course they're going to be fascinated and make those "compliments" people on LHCF are always bragging about. "Ooh, your braids are pretty." "I like that hairstyle on you." "I wish my hair could do that." :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think hijabs (muslim head wraps) are beautiful - that's because I'll never, ever have to wear one. If I were living in oppression and forced to wear one without a choice in the matter, I might feel differently.

(Yes, I realize that people also wear hijabs by choice and strong religious conviction. This is the best cross-cultural hair analogy that I could come up with.)

I'm quite confused as to why some are so fixated on how they look? I find the basic premise of the video, the fact that he loves her and feels the exact same no matter WHAT she chooses to transform or go through, beauty-wise. In this case, hair. I think that's adorable and endearing. I don't care if they're not Brad and Angelina or Will and Jada. I doubt most everyday people don't quite match up, either! It's cute and genuine for him to feel that way, and to me that's what we should be focusing on here.

I wish I could find me a guy who would support me like that, no matter what! It's not easy no matter WHAT background, as I'm sure most ladies anywhere can agree. :love2:

I think a lot of the eye-rolling and bitterness in some of the earlier comments in the thread are coming from folks who recognize this ongoing sense of "white validation" that is sometimes prevalent on the board. But after watching the video I definitely don't see that as the case, and it's clear the OP didn't start this topic with that notion in mind either. But I guess some people can't help having that knee jerk reaction.

well if the title doesnt sound like its searching for white validation then i dont know what to say anymore.

It's actually quite embarrassing.

Infact I' like to be the last post cos bumping this and constantly seeing it on the first page is completely embarrassing

It's not weird. Why in the world would most white people worry about something they don't have to deal with?????? Do I concern myself about sunburn? Nah, because my skin doesn't burn, too much melanin.

Black men have kinks growing out of their head. Their mamas and daddies had kinks, and their kids will have kinks. It's nothing brand new.

For many white people, it's like a novelty, not something personal to them. Of course they're going to be fascinated and make those "compliments" people on LHCF are always bragging about. "Ooh, your braids are pretty." "I like that hairstyle on you." "I wish my hair could do that." :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think hijabs (muslim head wraps) are beautiful - that's because I'll never, ever have to wear one. If I were living in oppression and forced to wear one without a choice in the matter, I might feel differently.

(Yes, I realize that people also wear hijabs by choice and strong religious conviction. This is the best cross-cultural hair analogy that I could come up with.)

I don't feel burdened by my natural hair.

Back