A WET BUN

aikaa71

Can anyone please explain in more detail what a wet bun is? Im wondering if it means that after washing my hair i put my hair in a bun without squeezing my hair dry with a towel.

It's sorta like that only I squeeze out the excess water in the shower and put it in a bun. Otherwise you'll end up with water dripping everywhere.

It's just the ponytail method of drying, (detangle, smooth into a ponytail) but you wrap the ends up.

[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone please explain in more detail what a wet bun is? Im wondering if it means that after washing my hair i put my hair in a bun without squeezing my hair dry with a towel.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it is...Allandra is the 'Queen' of the wet buns. I plan on following her example this summer.
trampoline.gif

I use an oil (hot six) and apply a decent amount, I also put a hair glosser/polisher over the hair to smooth it but that about ends it for the products. Keep it simple.

It's just doing your hair in a bun with wet hair. BTW, I never use a towel to squeeze (or get) the water from my hair.

my hair is short so it would be hard, plus sint combing we hair bad and prone to breaking. if i had long hair it would be simpler to do this. i cant wait!

i kinda tried this wet bun thing last week but i blotted a lil bit and added loads of hair polish and my version of dew. the bun dripped but not for too long.

[ QUOTE ]
Marcia told me if you put your hair in a wet bun you will ultimately break off some hairs in the process.

[/ QUOTE ]
I haven't experienced this. I would guess it's different for everyone though.

I gather my hair back like I'm placing it in a ponytail.
Then twist my hair.
Then coil my hair into a bun.
Then secure it with the plastic pins.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Then twist my hair.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the technique I told Marcia and I was told that the twisting is what breaks your hair because of it's wet state which totally makes sense to me. So I've decided to opt out of the wet bun ;-( and just put it in a braid.

Well, I guess it doesn't work for everyone. Thank goodness it's still working for me because this is certainly my signature style.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Then twist my hair.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks!
CL_16.GIF

What would happen if you not only wore it like that as a bun, but then took it out as if that was your wet set? Would your hair come out in a cute straight/wavy set?

Does having wet hair all day (well however long it takes for your hair to dry) annoying? I would like to try this because it's a way to airdry with minimum hassle and I'm ALWAYS looking for ways to do that
laugh.gif

I feel any style ...including a braid will cause damage if it is done tightly. I plan on loosley twisting it. Today I have my hair like this(french twist)...with loose tendrils on the sides...
28034464.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
What would happen if you not only wore it like that as a bun, but then took it out as if that was your wet set? Would your hair come out in a cute straight/wavy set?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd like to know also...has anyone done this?

[ QUOTE ]
Your hairstyle sounds cute Sweet Cocoa. Was your hair damp, when you styled it like that?

[/ QUOTE ]
I did a rollerset Sunday and left it curly. It was hot today, so I wanted it up off my neck. The crown is only tucked in loosely. Very casual looking...

[ QUOTE ]

Does having wet hair all day (well however long it takes for your hair to dry) annoying? I would like to try this because it's a way to airdry with minimum hassle and I'm ALWAYS looking for ways to do that
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Mine will have one or two big waves but it's not pretty for a wetset, it looks kinda crazy
nuts.gif
Having a damp head all day, especially in the summer, it feels wonderful
trampoline.gif

so it is the twisting marcia didnt like not the wet bun itself? because i cant see any other alternative besides using heat or leaving the hair open when you wet your hair on a daily basis. God bless you all.

Back