Naturals who wet bun, which is better...

Which gel gives better results?

• IC Fantasia Styling Gel

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Eco Styler Gel

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Other - please specify below

Votes: 14 38.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Now this is a useful thread cause I can barely bun worth squat. It would be nice to see more pics please hint hint :)

I just saw a pretty bun sorry can't go back to see your name right now. My hair is so daggone thick I'm trying to figure out how I'd slick it back...

I wish I could give some advice here, since I damp bun every time I wash my hair, but I've never used any of these products, or gel. Gel makes my hair feel stiff and crunchy and I don't like that. Instead I use oil, or a mix of oil, aloe vera gel, glycerin, and water.

Anyway, just showing support for my fellow damp bunners and I hope you found the advice you were looking for.

Is aloe vera gel really a protein? I had no clue! No wonder my hair got really hard when I used it solo but when I used used it on top of my leave-in, my hair was soft but held the curl.

How should aloe vera gel be used?

Aloe vera is a protein and I believe the way you used it (by putting it on top of a leave-in) is the best way to use it for this purpose.

I'm mad late...but... try some other things before gel, maybe some moisturizers will help you get the results you want...shea butter perhaps, or maybe oils will help too...?
I'm just not a geller.

I'm mad late...but... try some other things before gel, maybe some moisturizers will help you get the results you want...shea butter perhaps, or maybe oils will help too...?
I'm just not a geller.

Thanks Whimsy, I think I will try some moisturizer to see if that works before I try a gel. I wasn't keen on the idea of using a gel but I'm just at the moment having a problem with the front of my hair not laying down due to post partum shedding in that area, that part of my hair has now grown back but it's only now about two inches long so when my hairs in a bun it doesn't look to good in the front and the edges. So I just wanted to see if a gel would help.

I wish I could give some advice here, since I damp bun every time I wash my hair, but I've never used any of these products, or gel. Gel makes my hair feel stiff and crunchy and I don't like that. Instead I use oil, or a mix of oil, aloe vera gel, glycerin, and water.

Anyway, just showing support for my fellow damp bunners and I hope you found the advice you were looking for.

I'm not a gel fan either BUT I do use AO MM and coconut oil.
AOMM doesn't have alot of hold but it is a frizzbuster with no stiffness or crunch.

Back