"A Vermont Cocktail" to Boost Hair Growth

If JN's doin' it I gonna do it too! :giggle: Isis is right tho, I need to get my iron level checked. It's been a very long time since I've had a checkup. :blush3: 'Cause I don't just like it... I crave it and have to stop myself from having 2-3/day. :eek:

I drink the bragg's acv mixed with honey and hot water 2-3 times a day. Bragg's acv suggest you drink this mix 3 times a day. :yep:

Heard about the Vermont Cocktail at the LCHF meet-up today and stopped at the store and got some ACV and picked up the Bragg's on a whim.... I'll mix everything tonight or tomorrow.... so glad to hear the great results!

Anybody drinking it twice/day? I'm craving it at night... :huh:

Oh I almost forgot, Aunt Flo wasn't all p/o'd when she arrived. She was actually quite nice to me. :)

Great thread Isis (as usual).

Me too...Its become my before bed treat. Might just make a cup right now since I'm thinking about it :lick:

Hey ladies things are going along pretty well for me. I believe as a result of my cocktail I'm seeing results, My hair has some hints of newgrowth in few areas it appears as much as 1/4 inch. Most of my hair is braided under for my weave but a few areas left out for coverage are showing early response for me its been only 3 weeks since my relaxer and I do think its the cocktail, since I've only been using Kelp for 2 weeks and my andrew lessemen's have been a dissapointment.

I also contribute the cocktail to a dramatic decrease in severe headaches. I was really going through a spell of migraines for 2 weeks or more. Pain so severe I was not sure where it was coming from. Bottles and Bottles of advil a week. Headaches are GONE Gone and I know its the cocktail and prayer because I really did pray to god to please let them go away.:grin:

And now weight loss yes ladies its true I'm down 5 1/2 lbs. No change in my excercise routine, and my diet is somewhat improved because the cocktail cuts my cravings for sweets. I was using the cocktail once a day and after I read on the folk medicine site how it could help my Headaches I went to twice a day and my scale went down down. Now I put this last because I also started with the Coconut Oil, but I am less consistent with it and it has only been a week, and I think the Coconut oil has reduced the puffiness at my waist line, but I'm not sure if it cut the weight. I really think its the cocktail.:lick::lick:

Thank you ISIS Your a Gem:blowkiss:

Hey ladies things are going along pretty well for me. I believe as a result of my cocktail I'm seeing results, My hair has some hints of newgrowth in few areas it appears as much as 1/4 inch. Most of my hair is braided under for my weave but a few areas left out for coverage are showing early response for me its been only 3 weeks since my relaxer and I do think its the cocktail, since I've only been using Kelp for 2 weeks and my andrew lessemen's have been a dissapointment.

I also contribute the cocktail to a dramatic decrease in severe headaches. I was really going through a spell of migraines for 2 weeks or more. Pain so severe I was not sure where it was coming from. Bottles and Bottles of advil a week. Headaches are GONE Gone and I know its the cocktail and prayer because I really did pray to god to please let them go away.:grin:

And now weight loss yes ladies its true I'm down 5 1/2 lbs. No change in my excercise routine, and my diet is somewhat improved because the cocktail cuts my cravings for sweets. I was using the cocktail once a day and after I read on the folk medicine site how it could help my Headaches I went to twice a day and my scale went down down. Now I put this last because I also started with the Coconut Oil, but I am less consistent with it and it has only been a week, and I think the Coconut oil has reduced the puffiness at my waist line, but I'm not sure if it cut the weight. I really think its the cocktail.:lick::lick:

Thank you ISIS Your a Gem:blowkiss:

When did you start taking the vermont cocktail? I just started yesterday and I'm so glad to hear that you're already seeing some results.

When did you start taking the vermont cocktail? I just started yesterday and I'm so glad to hear that you're already seeing some results.

I've been on the cocktail since before thanksgiving I'd :rolleyes:say about 3 weeks. Good luck to you and please post results.

Okay I need to get back consistent with this. I was consistent for about a week & it did curb my appetite as well as made me regular. As soon as I stopped my regularity went out the window. I'm going to start back tomorrow morning. I will post my results after I've been consistent for at least a month.

Just wanted to report that since doing this for the last few days, I have lost 4.5 pounds and I havent done anything else! For those who are wondering, it tastes good too (to me :yep:) Reminds me of prune juice.
Thanks Isis. HTH someone who's on the fence.

I just tried this and it does remind me of prune juice. I followed the recipe and was surprised I liked it because before when I tried the acv and water mixture in the past I didnt like it and had to discontinue using it. This actually wasn't bad. Maybe it was the honey and the lemon that did the trick.

Do you think doing this 3x a day would be too much? God bless you all.

Has anyone had any success with this? I am trying, am on day two, but I am finding it to be very difficult. Someone please inspire me.

I have been drinking a variation of this off and on for years. I add a bit of cayenne and cloves.

Thanks for reminding me to get back on track, Isis. ACV is a wonderful tonic. It's also wonderful as a hair clarifier and an astringent.

This is similar to a recipe that DH has been drinking for a while. His has everything in it except the BSM.

One thing that is different about his is that he adds cinnamon to it.

The cinnamon gives is a thickish texture that I do not like. That is why I do not drink it.

But if I substitute the BSM for the cinnamon, I just might like it.

Gonna try it. Lord knows I need some energy.

Ok I just found a jar of unopened molasses in the pantry but it's not organic. Anyone use the plain molasses? Oh well I'm using it anyway.

I drink ACV in my water with a lil honey, and I use molasses in my coffee, and a lil cayenne in my green tea...well, won't hurt to try it out this way, I'm in!

I made some tonight. I didn't have lemon juice but I had lime juice so I used that. It didn't taste bad at all. I hope I can stick to it daily I tend to get lazy and stop.

You're welcome ladies!! :)

Drasgirl - what works for me is to make it (and other things I do, such as carrot juice, oil-pulling, etc.) a permanent part of my daily regimen so I don't forget.

Regular molasses is mostly sugar and will work temporarily to sweeten it but blackstrap has all of the vitamins and minerals in it and is a lot better for you. Blackstrap is molasses taken from the bottom of the barrel, is not as sweet and has all of the good stuff concentrated in it. :yep:

okay, I made my first large mug this morning and not bad. I think I could get into it everyday like in the mornings. I taped the recipe to a cabinet in my kitchen so it will be right there in my face.

I love you guys!

bump....I used to drink this when this thread was first started but didn't stay consistent. Anyone still drinking this?

Thanks for bumping this. Maybe I can use this to replace my coffee. Going to try it in the morning. Maybe I can blend it with some herbal tea to swithc it up.

I've been drinking 2 tablespoons of acv & molasses along with 1 tablespoon of msm for about 6 months now. It has replaced my morning coffee. I drink this for a variety of reasons. I have seen my hair thicken up, my nails got stronger, I was able to drop my iron supplement, my hair has stopped thinning and I pray that my fibroids are shrinking. I will have them check at my next doctor's visit.

Back