"A Vermont Cocktail" to Boost Hair Growth

Weird. Every couple weeks I crave ACV so I'll add a few tbsp to a big glass of water and down it. I'll do it for a couple days then the craving passes. I have NO idea what that's about, but I didn't see any harm so I indulged. Maybe I'll indulge more often. :)

I had been reading about the Vermont Cocktail. So with all the ingredients in the house I had been experimenting with various ways to get the ingredients in me. (I had initially found the taste horrible, but I was determined to get the results.) SO...I added some Braggs acv to my bottled water. I left it on top of my bureau. When I went to use my Carusos, I grabbed the bottle of water with the Braggs thinking it was one of my regular bottles of water. Anyhoo, I Caruso'd with the Braggs. The result? No breakage! I ALWAYS have some breakage on my clothes even though I had gotten the breakage down to a minimum, but since I used the Bragg's acv in my Caruso, I haven't had ANY breakage! It sounds to good to be true, so I will keep an eye on things.:crossfingers:
But so far so amazing! BTW, thanks Isis for starting this thread!

I had been reading about the Vermont Cocktail. So with all the ingredients in the house I had been experimenting with various ways to get the ingredients in me. (I had initially found the taste horrible, but I was determined to get the results.) SO...I added some Braggs acv to my bottled water. I left it on top of my bureau. When I went to use my Carusos, I grabbed the bottle of water with the Braggs thinking it was one of my regular bottles of water. Anyhoo, I Caruso'd with the Braggs. The result? No breakage! I ALWAYS have some breakage on my clothes even though I had gotten the breakage down to a minimum, but since I used the Bragg's acv in my Caruso, I haven't had ANY breakage! It sounds to good to be true, so I will keep an eye on things.:crossfingers:
But so far so amazing! BTW, thanks Isis for starting this thread!
:shocked: I never thought about using this in my Caruso! :scratchch
You're welcome Reyna21 and thank you for sharing this tip! :):up:

ETA: I added a little to my Caruso (with water) and made a couple of curls. I don't have the breakage problem but my curls seemed to be extra soft. :)

Last edited:
:shocked: I never thought about using this in my Caruso! :scratchch
You're welcome Reyna21 and thank you for sharing this tip! :):up:

ETA: I added a little to my Caruso (with water) and made a couple of curls. I don't have the breakage problem but my curls seemed to be extra soft. :)

Not a problem Isis! :grin: BTW, I was so excited over no breakage that I forgot to mention that my hair did seem even softer. I am going to wash my hair today--you know, kinda start from scratch, and see if I get the same results when I add the Braggs to the water for my Caruso. I'll let you know. Keep your fingers crossed! I would love positive results again ESP now that winter is coming. I'll need all the help I can get for the V-Day challenge and the Midback Challenge '08.:yep:

Oh, and one more thing. The acv seemed to clean my caruso so that the steam came out more efficiently. I hadn't even realized the steam had slowed down just a little bit until I saw the difference.

You're welcome ladies. :)
It isn't exactly first thing in the morning, but I'm sipping on a cup right now.:lick:

I would love to try this but I am 136lbs and stick thin, I can't afford to lose any weight unintentionally.

LD - you must be on the tall side. I can see that you are thin (wish I was your size - got 10 more pounds to go), but 136 is a good weight. How can you be stick thin? Or is it that you just want to be a little more plump?

I've been taking this for a few days. How many ounces of water is everyone using?

I just started drinking this today, even though I purchased the ingredients a couple of weeks ago. This cocktail is GOOD. I made an two 8 ounce cups for me and DH this morning. I also had another one mid-afternoon. I'm a tea drinker, so this drink is just like drinking tea for me.

I use 8 ounces of water.

Yeah, I think using at least 8 oz or more of water is key, cause I made some up last night in a mug and was like oh Lord this is tight! :nono:

I took the amount that I made and added water to it, so it is much, much better! :yawn:

So far So Good my scale has shows about a 1 lb loss but my waist looks alot smaller and my pants are gapping and my skin is in the clear. Happy about it so I just made my self a big cup now. :grin:. Oh I would say its good I just wish I could convince my mom to.:drunk:

LD - you must be on the tall side. I can see that you are thin (wish I was your size - got 10 more pounds to go), but 136 is a good weight. How can you be stick thin? Or is it that you just want to be a little more plump?

I guess I wear it well. People never believe me when I tell them how much I weigh. I literally don't know where it goes at all.

I got some Bragg's ACV today. I had been using the regular stuff. It was in my grocery store of all places. :) I'm so excited. I might have to "sample" some tonight. :grin:

Last edited:
Anybody drinking it twice/day? I'm craving it at night... :huh:

Oh I almost forgot, Aunt Flo wasn't all p/o'd when she arrived. She was actually quite nice to me. :)

Great thread Isis (as usual).

Last edited:

Oh I almost forgot, Aunt Flo wasn't all p/o'd when she arrived. She was actually quite nice to me. :)

Thank you Sareca! :)

Hmm...I haven't tried it more than once each day yet. :scratchch I wonder if you're craving it because your body needs the extra iron?

Isis thank you for starting this thread.

I have Bragg's ACV and honey already. I will pick up some blackstrap molasses from the health food store and start taking this cocktail.

I am! :yep:

I just started drinking this cocktail on Monday. I had a mug this morning and decided to have another when I got home. It tastes delicious to me.

I used to drink something like this years ago (the only difference is the recipe called for cayenne pepper and did not include blackstrap molasses).

I know there are no "miracle" cures, but I like the taste and the proclaimed benefit is enough for me! It would be nice to see weight-loss and hair-gain! :grin:

We'll see. I will commit to drink it for a year (at least once a day, twice a day when I can).

I am! :yep:

I just started drinking this cocktail on Monday. I had a mug this morning and decided to have another when I got home. It tastes delicious to me.

I used to drink something like this years ago (the only difference is the recipe called for cayenne pepper and did not include blackstrap molasses).

I know there are no "miracle" cures, but I like the taste and the proclaimed benefit is enough for me! It would be nice to see weight-loss and hair-gain! :grin:

We'll see. I will commit to drink it for a year (at least once a day, twice a day when I can).

If JN's doin' it I gonna do it too! :giggle: Isis is right tho, I need to get my iron level checked. It's been a very long time since I've had a checkup. :blush3: 'Cause I don't just like it... I crave it and have to stop myself from having 2-3/day. :eek:

Back