A new natural hair product line has arrived

I ordered last night and I thought the site was extremely user-friendly and very easy to navigate through.

No searching trying to figure how to Check out etc... A Nice Receipt.

In Fact, the site has been one of the best, I've ordered from (and that's saying ALOT:lol:)

After, I placed my order I realized I had duplicated something and I sent them an e-mail and got a very nice, fast response back from their Sales team and they fully resolved the issue.

So Far, I have been very pleased.

ooh! that stuff sounds good, esp the double butter creme. :lick: i especially like that they didn't only use models with big shiny curls. ♥

Me too. Idk what it is but I don't usually mess with online products. But it's something about the site that makes me so curious

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Its the "natural" line with (real!!!) 4 a/b/c models on it:lick:

OMG Im a 3c/4a myself...but im pizzed that Design essentials and kera care have models on thier website that dont even look like they have "black folks hair":rolleyes: So yeah they had me at the kinks:yep:....Hmm..maybe i'm saying like... well they don't even look like they could use...lol

Offender 1:http://www.avlon.com/KeraCare/natural_textures.asp (see chick on the left)

Offender2:http://www.avlon.com/KeraCare/natural_textures.asp (chick looked telaxed!!!!!!!!

ETA: The FB page has some good info...it is the Kera Care dude!!!!!!
http://www.avlon.com/KeraCare/natural_textures.asp

Last edited:
I've noticed the primary ingredient that's in almost all of their products is unrefined sugar! I never thought of putting sugar in my hair for moisturizing benefits. It makes sense though...glycerin, glycol, and honey is in the sugar family and it does wonders for adding slip and holding on to moisture.

These products are becoming more intriguing to me :yep: The addition of Amla to their leave in conditioner is nice as well.

Wish they had a Cyber Monday sale! Since you can only get it online anyway, it would be a great incentive for more to purchase :yep:

the amla REALLY had me sold.! :) ive been looking for other hair products with this or brahmi oil in it.

Bump. Just wondering if any body that ordered from here got there packages yet. I need to know what there shipping is like before I order.

Bump. Just wondering if any body that ordered from here got there packages yet. I need to know what there shopping is like before I order.

I got mine one day last week. Shipping was extremely fast.:grin:

Ooooh...this makes me want to BC to see what these products do for my hair. But...I'm committed to the long term transition...this is hard! Arrrgh! Love the models.

Ok so now I will definitely be ordering from this site now. I sent them an email asking them about the ph balance of their products. They sent me an email with the ph of all their products. I personally am more concerned with the ph of a product than I am with the ingredients. I told them that ph is very important to most naturals. And now they are going to edit their information section to include the ph of each product.

Here's the run down

Cleansing pudding 4.5
Coconut cowash 5.5
Hydration elation 5.5
Leave in conditioner 5.5
Curling jelly 4.5
Twist defining cream 6.5
Double buttercreme 5.5
Moisture milk 5.0
Cocoshea spray 5.5
Smoothing gel 5.5

Ok so now I will definitely be ordering from this site now. I sent them an email asking them about the ph balance of their products. They sent me an email with the ph of all their products. I personally am more concerned with the ph of a product than I am with the ingredients. I told them that ph is very important to most naturals. And now they are going to edit their information section to include the ph of each product.

Here's the run down

Cleansing pudding 4.5
Coconut cowash 5.5
Hydration elation 5.5
Leave in conditioner 5.5
Curling jelly 4.5
Twist defining cream 6.5
Double buttercreme 5.5
Moisture milk 5.0
Cocoshea spray 5.5
Smoothing gel 5.5

NICE! Thank you for doing this. I haven't ordered yet, but will sometime in 2011.

I just opened my order tonight and liked what I saw. The coconut co-wash is exactly as I imagined it. The scent is lovely and I long for a conditioner that will smell just this way. Tomorrow (which is today--it's late) I will use. coming soon, is a hydrating conditioner. Wonder if I can use the co-wash as a conditioner.

Also ordered was the Double Butter Cream and the Leave-in conditioner. I'll try each product on each side of my hair when I put it to bed, to see what it's like, before I wash it later. I am so impressed with what I purchased, the site, the advice, the ingredients; I placed another order. I want some more of the coconut co-wash, it is a steal at $8.00 for 16 oz. I'll report back, later. Customer service was great.

I just opened my order tonight and liked what I saw. The coconut co-wash is exactly as I imagined it. The scent is lovely and I long for a conditioner that will smell just this way. Tomorrow (which is today--it's late) I will use. coming soon, is a hydrating conditioner. Wonder if I can use the co-wash as a conditioner.

Also ordered was the Double Butter Cream and the Leave-in conditioner. I'll try each product on each side of my hair when I put it to bed, to see what it's like, before I wash it later. I am so impressed with what I purchased, the site, the advice, the ingredients; I placed another order. I want some more of the coconut co-wash, it is a steal at $8.00 for 16 oz. I'll report back, later. Customer service was great.

IA: I placed a 2nd order as well especially with "FREE SHIPPING" and picked up another Co-Washer, another Double Butter and a Hair Milk.:lick:

It all Looks Smell/Wonderful.:lick:

Now this looks promising :). I wouldn't mind trying out the twisting cream. It's about 10.00 cheaper than the MJ's Curly Pudding and I was looking for a subsitute anyway...i'll be bookmarking that page until I'm ready to do some shopping LOL.

looks like a nice line im sure a few more natural haircare lines will pop up soon following this one is the owner of this company african american????

Today was wash day with Coconut Cowash. Decadent. That is the best word that I can come up with to define this product. This feels like a decadent, high end conditioner-meaning it is unike Wen or Hair One hair cleansers. (both of which I use and like). The jar describes it as a conditioning lotion that removes residue. I would say this is accurate. I spread it in my hair and massaged. I focused on my scalp and the full length of my hair and then I added a tiny bit of water to see if it would foam up in any way. It became squishy, but not lather. After I rinsed, my hair felt clean and definitely moisturized. Really, I didn't need to do anything more. But since I have their leave-in, I applied on soaking wet hair and combed through and let dry. I'm glad I followed my instincts and ordered more of this product. You get a lot of quality product in this jar that I see giving me at least 6-7 more treatments and my curly hair is past shoulder length. I find it quite concentrated.

So, this is a good value at 16 oz for $8.00 and I'm glad that I've stocked up before word gets out. And, I think I've answered my own question, after reading the ingredients again, I don't see why I can't use this as a leave-in. It isn't a cleanser, doesn't seem to be loaded with proteins. It smells marvelous. Great product!

I have been trying to hold off from ordering their products until I finish my christmas shopping. But f#ck it.

I too am tempted to order from them, I wish they had paypal, I am not to keen giving out my cc# to every vendor around... With paypal its one location and if something happens with a vendor/money you can always file a claim with paypal and its resolved quick!!!

so I broke down and order the coconut co-wash, Twist Defining Cream, double butter cream, and the leave in conditioner. It was hard not to order for a few reason: free shipping over $35, and the ingredients. I received my order today 12-23-10 on my daughter's 7th Bday!!! :)

Last edited:
I want to try this line out so bad! The packaging is beautiful and all though the products are not 100% natural they do look promising. I do like that they provided the full ingredients lists and it appears that they did their research. The only thing that makes me sigh is that it, to my knowledge, is not a black owned company. :S Other than that I'm willing to try after I try out some of Qhemet's stuff.
I want to try the Coconut CoWash, Moisture Milk and Leave-in Conditioner.

I tried all four of the products I bought from this line on 12-24-10, I want to try it one more time before I give my thoughts on it.......

i could tell this was not a black owned company. i don't think i will be ordering from them. i use all sorts of products from different companies, but it just rubs me the wrong way when others try to cash in on the whole natural hair care craze. it reminds me of beauty supply stores, etc.... next thing you know, products will be watered down to mass produce, just.... i'm done.

I have the Leave-In, Moisture Milk, and Curling Jelly.

Leave-In: It's good, but not great. I will use it all up, but will probably not repurchase. I like KCKT better. EDIT: I tried this product on soaking wet hair, and really love it. If it doesn't work on damp hair, try it with your hair soaking wet.

Curling Jelly: This does exactly what it says it will do. It reminds me of KCCC, except it doesn't dry quite as hard and my hair has more shine than with the KCCC. I probably won't repurchase this, because whenever I use gels like this my hair shrinks sooo much (it looks like my avi, which is from March 2010). I believe women that like KCCC will like this as well.

Moisture Milk: ABSOLUTELY LOOOOVE THIS STUFF. Makes my hair soooo soft with no buildup. I have really fine hair, so butters and heavy creams weigh it down and make my natural curl less curly. This is perfect for fine haired naturals that want to refresh a braid or twist out during the week. The slight downfall is the EXTREMELY sweet smell. This is a staple product for me.

Last edited:
Back