A new natural hair product line has arrived

I love a well designed website. I love the models too! I love the fact that they list their ingredients and show women how to handle their natural hair.

So does this doctor really exist or is this another big company cashing in on the naturals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[I
president_r7_c5.jpg
spacer.gif

spacer.gif
president_r9_c6.jpg
spacer.gif
president_r10_c6.jpg
Dr. Ali N. Syed is a master chemist, with a wealth of experience in the formulation of hair care products. He successfully served as a research chemist for a number of major companies, and has published 22 patents and numerous scientific papers.
Dr. Ali N. Syed founded Avlon Industries, Inc. in 1984. His winning strategy for formulating Avlon brands is to use ingredients that have a positive effect upon hair and skin. With an abiding affinity for chemistry, Dr. Syed personally supervises every research & development project undertaken by Avlon's expert team of chemists. Equal to his regard for chemistry, is the respect he holds for the professional hairstylist. Always positive towards ideas and opinion of stylists, Dr. Syed considers Avlon to be part of a team with cosmetologists. His on-going goal is to provide the very best products that advanced research and innovative thinking can offer, always with an eye towards continual upgrading.
"An innovative chemist must be a dreamer." says Ali Syed. "One must persist in dreaming to accomplish that which seems difficult or yet to be done... New Methods... New Techniques... New Formulations! In chemistry, there's a lot of room for creativity."
Dr. Syed has written numerous articles on the chemistry of hair and related hair products in leading trade and scientific journals, such as Cosmetic & Toiletries magazine, American Chemical Society Journal, and Shoptalk magazine (for Hairstylists). Dr. Syed has been a guest speaker at the London College of Hair & Fashion in England, ABC Associacao Brasileira de Cosmetologia (Brazilian Association of Cosmetology) in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Dr. Syed has conducted numerous lectures on the chemistry of hair for other organizations like Chicago Cosmetology Association and has been a Guest Artist at the Midwest Beauty Show.

Thanks Americka. I had received several Articles on Dr. Syed from Gymfreak and Artemis when they Posted Regularly on this Site.

He has alot of Knowledge about Hair & Relaxed Hair.

Thanks Americka. I had received several Articles on Dr. Syed from Gymfreak and Artemis when they Posted Regularly on this Site.

He has alot of Knowledge about Hair & Relaxed Hair.
No problem! I miss Gym and Artemis. They made the science of hair interesting and fun. Dr. Syed brings some serious knowledge to the hair game.

[I
president_r7_c5.jpg
spacer.gif

spacer.gif
president_r9_c6.jpg
spacer.gif
president_r10_c6.jpg
Dr. Ali N. Syed is a master chemist, with a wealth of experience in the formulation of hair care products. He successfully served as a research chemist for a number of major companies, and has published 22 patents and numerous scientific papers.
Dr. Ali N. Syed founded Avlon Industries, Inc. in 1984. His winning strategy for formulating Avlon brands is to use ingredients that have a positive effect upon hair and skin. With an abiding affinity for chemistry, Dr. Syed personally supervises every research & development project undertaken by Avlon's expert team of chemists. Equal to his regard for chemistry, is the respect he holds for the professional hairstylist. Always positive towards ideas and opinion of stylists, Dr. Syed considers Avlon to be part of a team with cosmetologists. His on-going goal is to provide the very best products that advanced research and innovative thinking can offer, always with an eye towards continual upgrading.
"An innovative chemist must be a dreamer." says Ali Syed. "One must persist in dreaming to accomplish that which seems difficult or yet to be done... New Methods... New Techniques... New Formulations! In chemistry, there's a lot of room for creativity."
Dr. Syed has written numerous articles on the chemistry of hair and related hair products in leading trade and scientific journals, such as Cosmetic & Toiletries magazine, American Chemical Society Journal, and Shoptalk magazine (for Hairstylists). Dr. Syed has been a guest speaker at the London College of Hair & Fashion in England, ABC Associacao Brasileira de Cosmetologia (Brazilian Association of Cosmetology) in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Dr. Syed has conducted numerous lectures on the chemistry of hair for other organizations like Chicago Cosmetology Association and has been a Guest Artist at the Midwest Beauty Show.

Thank you for this post. I don't think I will buy hair products from a bald guy :grin:

But I'll keep watching this thread to see if you guys like his stuff :spinning:

I might order, but the pricing is out of control.

I want to know what it smells like. I can't deal with stank products.

Well ladies I decided to wash my hair with the cleansing pudding...love it. It made my hair very soft. I will buy their products in the future.

Ohh these products look so divine. I am a sucker for hair products too. I will get a few products . Thanks, larend

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Long Hair Care Forum App

The sleek web site had me at the home screen. Beautiful models, and rich use of color. I'd love to try a few products. I'm sooooo tempted, but first I've got to get rid of my 1000 bottles of conditioners I've stocked up on! lo l:blush::grin:

:nono: Looks Pretty but this isn't for me!!!!
It is not black owned and I've made it a point to mainly use products that come from black owned companies. With a few exceptions.

Also the products are for naturals but the ingredients are not natural by any means. I have also moved in a direction of more natural ingredients.

This is definitely NOT for me.

I would only try these products if I could get them locally I do not order hair products online anymore.

I'm drooling over the coconut co wash, it sounds so good! I can't take it!

The only thing that's stopping me is the shipping, combined with the (rather high) cost of the products themselves it'll send me into the poor house! :lol:

No problem! I miss Gym and Artemis. They made the science of hair interesting and fun. Dr. Syed brings some serious knowledge to the hair game.

Where have they gone - have they just decided not to renew their membership? That's a shame if so, they were both very good FMs.

I agree that the site looks very nice and the hair models are beautiful.

@laurend, How did you get the products for free?

I was in a focus group in Chicago to test the products in September. We had to use them for two weeks and report back our findings. Everyone had to choose 5 different products without the beautiful jars and at the end they gave us two products. We all got the double butter cream and the cleansing pudding.

I've noticed the primary ingredient that's in almost all of their products is unrefined sugar! I never thought of putting sugar in my hair for moisturizing benefits. It makes sense though...glycerin, glycol, and honey is in the sugar family and it does wonders for adding slip and holding on to moisture.

These products are becoming more intriguing to me :yep: The addition of Amla to their leave in conditioner is nice as well.

Wish they had a Cyber Monday sale! Since you can only get it online anyway, it would be a great incentive for more to purchase :yep:

This looks very intriguing. Nice ingredients and the price-point is not that much more than the hair products I currently use. While I'm a loyal Qhemet customer and not too much of a product junkie (trying to simplify and unclutter my life :yep:) it's always nice to try new things. Thanks for the heads up! :yep:

I just want to add something else.

I read the "About As I Am" page and it's very clear that they did a lot of research to create these products. In fact, it's encouraging to see that the development of the line was informed by YouTube videos and even sites like this one. I think it's awesome that hair product lines are starting to listen to what actually works for women of color and using that as the basis for product development, rather than creating products and trying to tell us that they work when they clearly don't. Talk about consumer-driven product creation. :yep: I hope that other companies follow suit. I will definitely continue to support Black-owned enterprises but there's nothing wrong with a little competition if it leads to different innovations that will benefit my hair. :yep:

They should offer sample sizes for customers to test before buying. I would hate to buy a full size bottle and hate the product.

They're ingredients are really not doing it for me. I thought they would be much more natural. I'm glad I'm over a lot of my PJism.

The ingredients looks great, and free shipping over $35!!! Seems like a great company so far ...can't wait to here some more reviews

Back