A "Natural Hair" Category??

ScandalousBeauty

I don't know if this is rude or prejudice to our own community, but what about a general category on hair (the one we already have) and a naturals category? Since our hair types are very different, we have to site in each post title that it's for naturals. If we want specific advice, we have to search with "natural" as the keyword. If we had our own category, it might be a bit more convienient.

If this is a prejudice and we want to be one universal hair community, I understand! Just a thought though.

my 2 cents

I absolutely hate the idea of sub topics within a forum.

It's too much navigating and breeds a segregated feeling amongst members.

my 2 cents

I absolutely hate the idea of sub topics within a forum.

It's too much navigating and breeds a segregated feeling amongst members.

I agree. I used to think this was a good idea, but on the other boards that arent exclusively natural, those with seperate areas, the one for naturals tend to die out. You post a question and have to wait days for an answer. In the beginning it wouldnt be a big deal, but after time new folx that come in tend to only visit the section that applies to them, and not explore both sides. Plus, besides styling, for the most part any products naturals use, relaxed folx use also. We also have members who have been on both sides of the fence, so they are able to help out both types of members. Plus I'm not trying to seperate a million topics into relaxed and natural and then try to decide which area the texturized/texlaxed folx go.

NOOOOOOO:nono: I totally don't agree, I like reading ALL the information and to be quite honest most of the tips I got and use are from everyone (I'm natural)

I mean the treatment for coloured hair I got from a relaxed head, a lot of product recommendations too, I think its cool all the info is in one place and not segregated (this is one of the reasons I :love: LHCF).

Frankly I don't even check to see whether people are relaxed texlaxed or natural I just weigh the info for my own hair...besides I may decide to texlax/ relax and I've absorbed so much info I'm confident my hair will thrive regardless!:yep:

I asked about this when I first joined the board and I was DEEP into my "relaxer rehab".... I did not want to be tempted to relax again after 30 years of relaxing....

Well, I'm a year and some months fully natural now.... so the rehab must have worked:grin: and I now peacefully co-exist with my "chemically enhanced" LCHFrs (Wink!)....

But I still think it would be nice to have an all-naturals board/forum and I think it would grow over time, just like the other forums have....

I asked about this when I first joined the board and I was DEEP into my "relaxer rehab".... I did not want to be tempted to relax again after 30 years of relaxing....

Well, I'm a year and some months fully natural now.... so the rehab must have worked:grin: and I now peacefully co-exist with my "chemically enhanced" LCHFrs (Wink!)....

But I still think it would be nice to have an all-naturals board/forum and I think it would grow over time, just like the other forums have....

i remember :rolleyes:
lol

anyway I agree with Jcoily...

No offense to any NP readers, but it's almost a cult over there. A relaxer is called a "chemical fire cream", and if you even mention heat the thread can get deleted. So I stopped posting over there and started lurking. It's just too serious. Here at LHCF, just a small sub-forum would be so helpful. I hate having to search for "rollerset" and "natural" to see how to rollerset my natural hair! Things have changed since I've been relaxed, ya know? Of course, we would still read the main hair thread, and I'm sure those who want to transition or are curious would read the natural thread. Oh well. :ohwell:

^^ IA. That's what NP is for right? Exclusive for nappies

No offense to any NP readers, but it's almost a cult over there. A relaxer is called a "chemical fire cream", and if you even mention heat the thread can get deleted. So I stopped posting over there and started lurking. It's just too serious. Here at LHCF, just a small sub-forum would be so helpful. I hate having to search for "rollerset" and "natural" to see how to rollerset my natural hair! Things have changed since I've been relaxed, ya know? Of course, we would still read the main hair thread, and I'm sure those who want to transition or are curious would read the natural thread. Oh well. :ohwell:

I agree. NP is not friendly at all. It's like being on egg shells. A sub forum would be helpful here. Especially for styles.

I agree. NP is not friendly at all. It's like being on egg shells. A sub forum would be helpful here. Especially for styles.

Oh yeah! I was there a couple of weeks ago and some1 was complaining about her friend not wearing her natural hair out and being proud and other folks chimed in saying that the friend was "brainwashed" and needed prayer. :huh: It just made me sad :sad:
I could never post comfortably over there :nono:
No offenses to any NP members, this is JMPAHO (just my personal and humble opinion).

Though for some reason, I do think that there would be a haphazard gradual 'line' drawn if a natural sub forum is created. Also, I think that whenever we (naturals) visibly discuss our hair tips, suggestions, goals, etc. amongst all the other relaxed hair topics, we could be possibly motivating women out there to do something they've always wanted to do. Ya never know! It's one of the reasons I personally was motivated and felt encouraged to go natural :drunk:

Last edited:
im transitioning...and i dont see what the issue would be with having a separate thread for naturals(transitioning would fall under that)(IMO)--i mean we have a thread for childrens hair care--and since its been on the forum i have only ventured once in that thread. It would just be easier to navigate thru if there was somewhere i could go to see what products work for transitioning and natural texture hair(even though the same products for relaxed hair can be used)--but just to get down to the point of it...

everytime i do a search i have to put in 'transitioning' or 'natural'--just to find post regarding these subjects....

im transitioning...and i dont see what the issue would be with having a separate thread for naturals(transitioning would fall under that)(IMO)--i mean we have a thread for childrens hair care--and since its been on the forum i have only ventured once in that thread. It would just be easier to navigate thru if there was somewhere i could go to see what products work for transitioning and natural texture hair(even though the same products for relaxed hair can be used)--but just to get down to the point of it...

everytime i do a search i have to put in 'transitioning' or 'natural'--just to find post regarding these subjects....

I totally agree. I'm almost a year into my transition and I also have a membership at NP. I received an e-mail about 'renewing' my LHCF subscription. My immediate thoughts were dominated by the difficulty I've experienced in searching and finding topics that are related to my current needs/struggles/etc. Virtually every aspect of the forum is structured so that members can extract pertinent info i.e. reap the greatest benefit for the time input. I don't see how a seperate thread could be divisive.

None taken :grin::grin: - i love's it over dare though:lachen:

but i really would appreciate a natural hair forum here and i said something to that effect in response earilier and was juuuuuuuuuust a little surprised the idea got a boo-boo face :ohwell::perplexed

what would be wrong with an experimental/temporary board? if it becomes a dead forum then oh well it was only temp anyway but if it's active then make it a permanent part of lhcf.

I agree. I started transitioning at NP and noticed all the hostility toward any thing related to heat. Even a hair dryer. :nono: I left because I didn't feel comfortable posting, then I found LHCF and fell in love. :hug2: I think a section for Naturals would be great!

but i really would appreciate a natural hair forum here and i said something to that effect in response earilier and was juuuuuuuuuust a little surprised the idea got a boo-boo face :ohwell::perplexed

what would be wrong with an experimental/temporary board? if it becomes a dead forum then oh well it was only temp anyway but if it's active then make it a permanent part of lhcf.

I think it would get more hits than some of the other forums around here.

Oh yeah! I was there a couple of weeks ago and some1 was complaining about her friend not wearing her natural hair out and being proud and other folks chimed in saying that the friend was "brainwashed" and needed prayer. :huh: It just made me sad :sad:
I could never post comfortably over there :nono:
No offenses to any NP members, this is JMPAHO (just my personal and humble opinion).

See that's what I was talking about.... :nono::nono::nono:

That sounds like a good compromise! I think enough people would use it.
I'm for it. I don't see the harm....:perplexed

Back