A Few Things to Expect with Longer Hair

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Just a few observations I've made:

* 3 or 4 shed hairs in the comb look like a million.
smile.gif
When the hairs get really lengthy and you see them in your comb--it looks like a bundle because one hair can wind itself around the teeth of the comb quite a few times. It's scary. Now, I just pull them out and count. I know--alittle obsessive but it gives me peace

*Expect to spend more on hair products, because you'll go through them quicker. The longer your hair is, the more product you will need to use on it. Items that come in individualized packaging (special treatments, hot oils, conditioner packets)--you best believe that 1 of them will not work for you. (usually)

*Automatic assumptions that your hair is a weave (especially if it looks shiny and healthy)

That's all I can think of now--but don't get me wrong. It's totally worth it. Feel free to add...

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Just a few observations I've made:

* 3 or 4 shed hairs in the comb look like a million.
smile.gif
When the hairs get really lengthy and you see them in your comb--it looks like a bundle because one hair can wind itself around the teeth of the comb quite a few times. It's scary. Now, I just pull them out and count. I know--alittle obsessive but it gives me peace

*Expect to spend more on hair products, because you'll go through them quicker. The longer your hair is, the more product you will need to use on it. Items that come in individualized packaging (special treatments, hot oils, conditioner packets)--you best believe that 1 of them will not work for you. (usually)

*Automatic assumptions that your hair is a weave (especially if it looks shiny and healthy)

That's all I can think of now--but don't get me wrong. It's totally worth it. Feel free to add...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto
wink.gif

I get the "is it a weave thing" too. Although, I have come across some people that can tell it is real, but they think I am bi-racial.
ohwell.gif

cant wait to have that problem! Ive gotten a couple of occasional accusations of wearing a weave lately, but I take it as a compliment....lol.

I think its bc my hair looks so rough in my bun all the time that when Ive had it done it looks like a different head of hair.

Yes I can definitely relate to the hair wrapped around the comb thing. It is the most frightening experience because at first it seems like the comb is stuck in your hair. I think it happens when you comb through and lift the comb back up to comb again but the hair was still in the comb when you lifted to comb again...if that makes sense.

laugh.gif
Supergirl, I just reread what you wrote. And what I wrote was not really in relation to what you said. So I'll use it as an addition.

[ QUOTE ]
SVT said:
adding on...

expect your hair to fly into your mouth often

[/ QUOTE ]

Particularly when you're wearing a sticky lipgloss or lipstick.
smile.gif

Also, it gets caught under purse straps, etc. if you're not careful.

Also, if you have your hair in a ponytail, it's kind of uncomfortable to drive. You feel like you can't really lean back good in the seat. I usually end up letting my hair loose instead of having that "hump of hair" behind me.

[ QUOTE ]
Nay said:
Also, if you have your hair in a ponytail, it's kind of uncomfortable to drive. You feel like you can't really lean back good in the seat. I usually end up letting my hair loose instead of having that "hump of hair" behind me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nay, that is so true!

[ QUOTE ]
SVT said:
[ QUOTE ]
Nay said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Nay, that is so true!

[/ QUOTE ]

YES
laugh.gif
--I always sit very erect while I'm driving if I have a ponytail! Or I try to swing it over my shoulder.
rofl.gif

When it's not up it's HOT.

You HAVE to wear it up when you're cooking, grilling, cleaning the bathroom or it goes right into whatever you're working with.

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
When it's not up it's HOT.

You HAVE to wear it up when you're cooking, grilling, cleaning the bathroom or it goes right into whatever you're working with.

[/ QUOTE ]

most definitely!!!

I knew the hair on the top of my hair was growing...when it started getting caught in the car door... on a windy days (only when it was down/loose).

[ QUOTE ]
miss_brown said:
[ QUOTE ]
SVT said:
adding on...

expect your hair to fly into your mouth often

[/ QUOTE ]

Particularly when you're wearing a sticky lipgloss or lipstick.
smile.gif

Also, it gets caught under purse straps, etc. if you're not careful.

[/ QUOTE ]

The lipgloss and the purse thing are the best of them all for me (i wear ALOT of lipgloss). It was one of my first signs that my hair was growing and I was happy as a kid with candy.

people want to touch it more, even strangers (cringe)

getting a cramp in your neck from water weighing your hair down when your stylist has you lean back to wash it.

<font color="blue"> Cool thread. What you ladies said is sooo true
smile.gif

My .02 - Takes longer to maintain - washing, conditioning, DETANGLING (oh geez), moisturizing, etc. </font>

[ QUOTE ]
HoneyLemonDrop said:
Yes I can definitely relate to the hair wrapped around the comb thing. It is the most frightening experience because at first it seems like the comb is stuck in your hair. I think it happens when you comb through and lift the comb back up to comb again but the hair was still in the comb when you lifted to comb again...if that makes sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

this happens to me all the time. I guess I'm not used to having to pull the comb down farther,lol! drives me nuts!

I so agree with all of these comments! I will add:

* It always seems to get stuck on your lip gloss (especially MAC's Lipglass)
laugh.gif

ITA and am kind of pissed off with the charging more. I have called ahead to a salon to ask for a price, only to have the price doubled, or even tripled when i actually show up.
mad.gif

I can't imagine that it is THAT much more difficult to style my hair!

Well, I'll take notes.... I WILL be part of the long haired club real soon... God willing...even though I must admit I was already getting that, "My hair is sticking to my lips when I wear gloss" thing. We won't mention it whipping around hitting me on the face/eyes while I'm driving if I have the windows down on the freeway... then me getting pissed that I don't at least have a headband to hold it back... not like the headband was really helping anyway.

Welcome to the group, Alainaa... fellow Yardie!!!

Back