6 Month Ayurveda Challenge

I still had a bottle of MegaTek (about a third full) that I had not used up yet, so I have been mixing with bhringraj oil and applying to my scalp on a nightly basis.

I co-wash after my work outs with either Suave or V05 now. When you all mix powders in with conditioner, how much are you mixing? Are you mixing ahead of time, or right before you wash? I work out after work, and when I get home I barely have any time before I have to hit the sack and get ready for the next day, so I'm trying to make this as simple as possible. :grin:

I still had a bottle of MegaTek (about a third full) that I had not used up yet, so I have been mixing with bhringraj oil and applying to my scalp on a nightly basis.

I co-wash after my work outs with either Suave or V05 now. When you all mix powders in with conditioner, how much are you mixing? Are you mixing ahead of time, or right before you wash? I work out after work, and when I get home I barely have any time before I have to hit the sack and get ready for the next day, so I'm trying to make this as simple as possible. :grin:

For me it's really simple, I have all my boxes in a handy place, under my bathroom sink in a plastic container. I can grab what I need really quickly. I started out mixing up batches ahead of time, but I soon learned that mixing as I go was better for me because I want different thing at different times. For instance My Horsetail and Nettle I only use in the day because they hype me up. Sometimes I want cleansing, sometimes I want moisture. Sometimes I want a cheapie cowash vs a dc, you get the picture. I usually keep a plastic bowl handy also. I just add a teaspoon of each of my desired powders and mix in cond. till it becomes creamy. For some reason when I add the cond. first I always mix too much. Just be aware the powders SWELL, so it's easy to mix to much. I've pretty much narrowed down how much to use for my hair. However if you have leftovers you can cover the bowl and store it in the fridge. Since you want to make it quick, you may want to premix your powders. I have jar with 1/2 box Amla to 1 full box of Bhrami, Bhringraj. Same thing with the cleansing powders. I've almost used these up but having them premixed is a for sure time saver. HTH

For me it's really simple, I have all my boxes in a handy place, under my bathroom sink in a plastic container. I can grab what I need really quickly. I started out mixing up batches ahead of time, but I soon learned that mixing as I go was better for me because I want different thing at different times. For instance My Horsetail and Nettle I only use in the day because they hype me up. Sometimes I want cleansing, sometimes I want moisture. Sometimes I want a cheapie cowash vs a dc, you get the picture. I usually keep a plastic bowl handy also. I just add a teaspoon of each of my desired powders and mix in cond. till it becomes creamy. For some reason when I add the cond. first I always mix too much. Just be aware the powders SWELL, so it's easy to mix to much. I've pretty much narrowed down how much to use for my hair. However if you have leftovers you can cover the bowl and store it in the fridge. Since you want to make it quick, you may want to premix your powders. I have jar with 1/2 box Amla to 1 full box of Bhrami, Bhringraj. Same thing with the cleansing powders. I've almost used these up but having them premixed is a for sure time saver. HTH
That is true, I could pre-mix the powder combos. Thanks! :) Looks like I have some mixing to do this weekend.

I learned about convenience from Flowinlocks. All my powders are premixed in their own little canisters. I made big batches of tea rinses in glass jars but I didn't like it. I felt pressured to use within a certain amount of time. So now I plan to make tea bags ahead of time. I have the heat sealable teabags. So if I make a sandwich bag full of tea bags for each rinse I should be good for a minute.

Checking in: I'm still doing my weekly regimen of oiling hair and scalp and then doing my tea mix of: Amla, Brahmi, Fenugreek, Maka, Hibiscus, and Shikakai.

I changed up my ratios and now use 2 tsp: Amla, Brahmi, Hibiscus, and Fenugreek to 1 tsp of Shikakai, and Maka.

My hair feels so soft and moisturized. It doesn't even feel like I need to DC. I love it.

I haven't checked in in forever! I've been really trial heavy for thepast few weeks, so the time's just not been there. To catch up, I've been consistently doing oil prepoos (a lot of the Cocasta Shikakai right now, which my hair loves!!), using my ayurveda poo bar and/or my poo mixed with shikakai and amla powder, along with oiling the scalp with the Afroveda Shikakai Hair Oil at night. My hair's been out for a few weeks--1 week it was straight and th following week was a wash and go--so I'm just now getting back into a good routine :yep:.

I learned about convenience from Flowinlocks. All my powders are premixed in their own little canisters. I made big batches of tea rinses in glass jars but I didn't like it. I felt pressured to use within a certain amount of time. So now I plan to make tea bags ahead of time. I have the heat sealable teabags. So if I make a sandwich bag full of tea bags for each rinse I should be good for a minute.

Thanks, you just gave me an idea,. I must get some of those tea bags.

That's what I do right down to the sandwhich bags. The only difference is I still have the mixes in canisters because I only fill 50 tea bags at a time (25 of each of my two different mixes) and I have 300 grams of each mix which is a lot of tea bags.

That's what I do right down to the sandwhich bags. The only difference is I still have the mixes in canisters because I only fill 50 tea bags at a time (25 of each of my two different mixes) and I have 300 grams of each mix which is a lot of tea bags.

25 of each rinse sounds great :yep:. That means I will be making 75 tea bags :spinning:. I will still have a lot in each cansister too. I tell you these powders last for a while.

25 of each rinse sounds great :yep:. That means I will be making 75 tea bags :spinning:. I will still have a lot in each cansister too. I tell you these powders last for a while.

They sure do, I bought 1 lb of each powder in January and I am still not out. I will probably have enough to not buy again until January. Talking about cost efficient!

Hey where are you guys getting the tea bags at again?

hello finally!!!! im a newbie I've been lurking for years - partly due to procrastination. but finally joined when i saw this challenge. i have been using ayurvedic for at least 2 years and have seen the benefits that come with it. So i unofficially joined the challenge after my neighbor, a hairdresser, who was only supposed to cut long layers in hair but ending up cutting 5 inches off.

this is my mixtue 2 tbsps shikakai , 2 tbsps aritha, 3 tbsps amla, 3 tbsp brahmi, 3 tbsp neem, 3 tbsp tulsi, 2 tbsp hibiscus flower powder, 2 tbsp fenugreek 1 1/2 cup hot rosewater, 1 tbsp liquid lecithin, 1 tbsp of honey, 15 drops grapefruit seed extract and 1 tbsp of jojoba oil. i also add aloe vera juice mix with a wire wisk. my mixture is usually warm and not runny to put on hair and leave on my hair with a shower cap. hair is already oiled with vatika oil and massaged. then i will wet hair and apply mixture. i keep on for at least 30 minutes last week the mixture rinsed out well i had a little gelly lumps in my hair from the lecithin, but the grains were gone. usually i follow up with a shampoo but i didnt have to this time. i applied giovanni's smooth as silk conditioner and hair was very soft .

I oiled hair with amla/shikaki/jasmine, co wash with amla/brahmi/maka/shikaki/hibiscus mix with suave coconut. Wash with yes to carrot conditioner and tea rinse with horsetail/nettle/brahmi/amla/maka.

I have been super busy with school and other things, that I have not had time to log on, but I am still doing my ayurveda stuff, either monday or sat is when I wash my hair I pre poo w/Auromere Pre-Shampoo Conditioner, then wash w/shik plus soap bar,DC,style w/one of afroveda oils,hair milks and butters. and twist my hair for the week.. I have not been able to do my teas or paste.. and Yes I am missing my KT,FenK,Hib..

I massaged with mahabringhaj oil last night. This morning, bright and early, I decided to detangel and set my hair. First I rinsed with water then i rinsed with a creamy conditioner I oil rinsed with vatika oil and then allowed my coconut oil brahmi and amla conditioner to sit on my fully detangled hair. When I rinsed it all out my hair was soft and gorgeous, love it. I the set my fro with curl activator, I hope that this style last a few days as daily cowashing is getting a little boring.

Last edited:
I massaged with mahabringhaj oil last night. This morning, bright and early, I decided to detangel and set my hair. First I rinsed with water then i rinsed with a creamy conditioner I oil rinsed with vatika oil and then allowed my coconut oil brahmi and amla conditioner to sit on my fully detangled hair. When I rinsed it all out my hair was soft and gorgeous, love it. I the set my fro with curl activator, I hope that this style last a few days as daily cowashing is getting a little boring.
What is the mahabringhaj oil, where did you get this?

What are some good styling products, I prefer something more natural and no cons, I want something kinda creamy and not too thick,and w/o glycerin seems like my hair hates it. Thanks ladies

Just checking in ladies....I am pre-pooing/deep conditioning now with a mild protein conditioner and will do a cleansing conditioner/acv rinse once in the shower.

Okay, I feel so stupid. I've been mixing my powders and just pouring them over my head in the shower. So, last night I decided to filter my mix. It was great. I got the same great results without the build up.

Back