6 Month Ayurveda Challenge

I did a mild protein pre-poo treatment for 30 minutes this morning with CON Reconstructing Conditioner without heat followed by a quick ayurveda rinse and DC'ed with Aussie Moist Conditioner. I didn't use any shampoo today.

By the way ladies, my Karishma, kapoor kachli and amla order arrived today from ayurnaturalbeauty(ANB.com) - TO THE BAHAMAS!!! In ONE week. UNBELIEVABLE!!! I still can't believe it. Now I can't wait for the weekend to come so I can henna my hair:yay:.

By the way ladies, my Karishma, kapoor kachli and amla order arrived today from ayurnaturalbeauty(ANB.com) - TO THE BAHAMAS!!! In ONE week. UNBELIEVABLE!!! I still can't believe it. Now I can't wait for the weekend to come so I can henna my hair:yay:.
Yay!! I'm so glad you found a supplier where you didn't have to wait until the 12th of never to get your products.

I ordered on Thursday, she shipped on Friday, and they got here yesterday. I wasn't home when the post office tried to deliver, so I picked them up today on my lunch break. Talk about fast!

Yay!! I'm so glad you found a supplier where you didn't have to wait until the 12th of never to get your products.

I ordered on Thursday, she shipped on Friday, and they got here yesterday. I wasn't home when the post office tried to deliver, so I picked them up today on my lunch break. Talk about fast!

Oh yeah:yay:! Now the next thing I want Ekua to add to her site are some more choices of the main oils we use like brahmi, amla, bhringraj, and shikakai oils. I would also like to see her add some hibiscus petal powder. When she brings in the indigo, I will be ordering about 6 or so at first to see if I like it, and go from there. I want to try a couple of Nupur henna too.

Oh yeah:yay:! Now the next thing I want Ekua to add to her site are some more choices of the main oils we use like brahmi, amla, bhringraj, and shikakai oils. I would also like to see her add some hibiscus petal powder. When she brings in the indigo, I will be ordering about 6 or so at first to see if I like it, and go from there. I want to try a couple of Nupur henna too.
I agree on the oils. :yep:

I have some hibiscus petal powder in my stash...I have not tried it yet. I need to check through the Ayurveda threads for some recipes.

Checking in:

I have been using brahmi amla oil everynight.
Today i did a Heenara paste (had buildup from co-washing with suave, can't wait to finish the bottle). Did a mild protein with Aphogee 2 min. Then i DC'd with Carrot cholestrol.
My hair is back to feeling lush.

Got my KT today from AyurNatural. Everything was fresh. I mixed my KT and Amla tonight and will be using tomorrow in a quick cowash. I am so happy to have my KT back.:yay::clap::yay::clap::yay:

Aggie, that is great in one week to Bahamas I was hoping you did not have to wait to long! Kudos to BostonMaria for pointing us to this site! You better tell them to get ready for LHCF and stock up!

I did a mild protein pre-poo treatment for 30 minutes this morning with CON Reconstructing Conditioner without heat followed by a quick ayurveda rinse and DC'ed with Aussie Moist Conditioner. I didn't use any shampoo today.

Aggie, I'm getting some cornrow this week and need to know how are doing all this without messing up your braids? My hair gets frizzy very fast so I'll be getting some small cornrows and never had them in for more than two week but I need them. I'm not getting much growth which is probably from too much manipulation of washing more than I used too.

Aggie, that is great in one week to Bahamas I was hoping you did not have to wait to long! Kudos to BostonMaria for pointing us to this site! You better tell them to get ready for LHCF and stock up!

thanks honey but I already told Ekua about us and she said that will try to work on getting us a discount code and free shipping over a certain amount. I will check on how she's coming along with that soon and report back as soon as I have word.

Aggie, I'm getting some cornrow this week and need to know how are doing all this without messing up your braids? My hair gets frizzy very fast so I'll be getting some small cornrows and never had them in for more than two week but I need them. I'm not getting much growth which is probably from too much manipulation of washing more than I used too.

I am in the "hide your hair" challenge so what I do is have my niece flat row my hair going back in 6 big rows and I wear my wigs over it. It is not really exposed and I try to redo them every 2 weeks. I only undo them to henna my hair, do ayurcowashes, and properly DC, then have them redone.

I am also attempting to stretch my texlaxer a whole year so I definitely can't afford to manipulate it too much. I will be getting my extension braids installed on September 3rd, so I need to really strengthen my hair before getting them installed. Now while I am in extension braids, I greatly reduce how much I wash my hair to every 10-14 days.

I think I'm gonna henna my hair today, not sure yet though. I have all my ingredients all together just in case I decide to do it today afterall.:yep:

I did my whole regimen this weekend.

Oiled hair and scalp with EVCO
Made tea of horestail and nettle
Made mix of: amla, hibiscus, shikakai, brahmi, fenugreek
Added the tea to the powders and applied to hair after rinsing oil
Left on for 45 mins with plastic cap
DC'd with J/A/S/O/N NaturalS Henna High Lights and Sea Kelp Conditioners with heat for 45 mins

My hair is lovely, soft, and the color from the hibiscus is beautiful.

BTW: that henna high lights and sea kelp conditioners are great.

Hi where did you get these, and did you do your whole routine in one day ?

Got my KT today from AyurNatural. Everything was fresh. I mixed my KT and Amla tonight and will be using tomorrow in a quick cowash. I am so happy to have my KT back.:yay::clap::yay::clap::yay:

Dont you just love KT, my sister came over yesterday and I caught her sneaking two boxes of my KT, and I call myself hiding it from her, lol my mom txt me this mornng saying she wanted to try KT since I and my sister keep talking about it.... I cant handle this (not my KT)

OH I spoke with Euka too and she said if people let her know the things they want her to get she will try her best and that she is working on getting more oils but not sure of all the names so let her know ladies...

I am in the "hide your hair" challenge so what I do is have my niece flat row my hair going back in 6 big rows and I wear my wigs over it. It is not really exposed and I try to redo them every 2 weeks. I only undo them to henna my hair, do ayurcowashes, and properly DC, then have them redone.

I am also attempting to stretch my texlaxer a whole year so I definitely can't afford to manipulate it too much. I will be getting my extension braids installed on September 3rd, so I need to really strengthen my hair before getting them installed. Now while I am in extension braids, I greatly reduce how much I wash my hair to every 10-14 days.
Oh I did not think you could be doing all this with braids. I'll have work something out, I've never had braids longer than two weeks the hair makes me itch so I'll probably just oil/spritz with my products and do a rinse with mild shampoo mix. Thanks

Dont you just love KT, my sister came over yesterday and I caught her sneaking two boxes of my KT, and I call myself hiding it from her, lol my mom txt me this mornng saying she wanted to try KT since I and my sister keep talking about it.... I cant handle this (not my KT)

OH I spoke with Euka too and she said if people let her know the things they want her to get she will try her best and that she is working on getting more oils but not sure of all the names so let her know ladies...
Thanks Imoan, I will send her an email today sometime.

I'm still here and in the game! :-)

I think I've become a henna addict!I've done it two weeks straight. I'm giving myself a break from it this weekend because I wanna try the indigo next.

Still need to try my tea rinses...maybe tomorrow. :-)

I am hendigo'ing right now as I type this post. I am using karishma henna and indigo by mehandi that IDareT'sHair bought me - thanks Terri:bighug:.

I will be washing it out after about 2 hours and cowashing with v05 free Me Freesia Conditioner. DCing overnight with Mizani Moisturefuse mixed with Mizani Thermasmooth Conditioners. So far I have about 45 more minutes to go. It's gonna be a late night for me tonight I feel.

Imoan, you can find them cheaply on www.vitacost.com. They have the best prices I've seen so far.

Hey that is my store I love the $4.99 shipping not matter what size... emmm and yes they are cheap,,, going hunting...

I did not know you can dc'g hair over night.. hum wondering can this be done with natural,fine curly hair? actually I dont know what my hair is, it looks thick but the lady that braids my hair says its curly cotton fine whatever that is? One more ?? how much deep condish do you guys use, do you lay it on thick or really thin? Thanks

Last edited:
Hey that is my store I love the $4.99 shipping not matter what size... emmm and yes they are cheap,,, going hunting...

I did not know you can dc'g hair over night.. hum wondering can this be done with natural,fine curly hair? actually I dont know what my hair is, it looks thick but the lady that braids my hair says its curly cotton fine whatever that is? One more ?? how much deep condish do you guys use, do you lay it on thick or really thin? Thanks

Yes you can DC overnight as long as you use a moisturizing deep conditioner. Yes you can do so with natural hair as well. I lay it on thick but you really don't have to. It's just a preference for me:grin:.

Yes you can DC overnight as long as you use a moisturizing deep conditioner. Yes you can do so with natural hair as well. I lay it on thick but you really don't have to. It's just a preference for me:grin:.

I tend to be heavy handed as well. I love really thiiiick deep condishes so I feel as if my hair is being treated to something special each time I dc.

Does anyone have a review on the Hairveda Shikakai bar yet? :look: I've been thinking about buying one, but I'm also playing with the idea of making my own soaps, so I can make them as yummy as I please,:drunk: plus I could save a few bucks by using up some of the powders I already have.

Last edited:

I lay it on thick too, I use alot of AO conditioners,shescentit,jessiecurls,myhoneychild,afroveda. Are they any others that really give good mositure, I need to learn how to make my own cuzz I go through deep Conditioners bad, 8oz stuff only last me two weeks or less cuzzz I also deep condition my daughters hair... I so want to try DC overnight specially during the hot summer.

I applied a paste of shikakai, aritha, amla & brahmi to the scalp. I did prep with warm brahmi-amla oil before.
then i will DC while cleaning.

Back