6 Month Ayurveda Challenge

Just poppin' in to say you ladies are really giving up such great info on this thread! I'm sitting on the sidelines watching, and wishing I had joined, cause I luv ayurveda!:yep: Thanks for all the recipes, tips, vendor reviews, you all are giving me great ideas to experiment with in the future! Bookmarking the thread now for my midnight reading session..

Can I use any hair oil/grease to scritch my hair before doing my rinse? The mason jars sounds nice..I'll give it a try once I get this stuff up and going.

Can I put my powders in a coffee maker and brew them like coffee? I figured it'll be a great rinse and no grit.

Last edited:
I used mason jars. Got them from AC Moore (a craft store). Tea bags I got from here: http://www.fromnaturewithlove.com/product.asp?product_id=teabagsm&searchflag=1

I put a teaspoon of premixed powders in each bag and seal using my iron.

So here is what is in each jar:

Mix #1 --6 teabags with amla, hibiscus, bhringraj, brahmi, 24 oz of water, saa, amla oil, jojoba oil, and rosemary oil

Mix #2--6 teabags with kalpi tone & fenugreek, 24 oz of water, wheat protein, shikakai oil, jojoba oil, and rosemary oil

Mix #3--6 teabags with neem, shikakai, and amla, 24 oz of water, shikakai oil, jojoba oil, and rosemary oil.

I sit them on the window sill and let them sit for a day.

You've just given me some great tips!!! I can't wait to go home this evening to try some of these!

I just rebraided a few frizzy kinky twists, then moisturized with my Amla spritz and sealed with my HBCO. My twists are feeling yummy. :)

www.ayurnaturalbeauty.ecrater.com

I can not say enough about this vendor, rec'd my items w/n 3days items was package neat, Thats what I am talking about fast friendly customer service, Keep it up!!

So far, I totally agree.

I'm definitely going to have to check this one out. Thanks for sharing!

Don't hesitate because I already ordered and got a great first impression of this vendor:yep:, also because I order in bulk and there may not be anything there left for you when you are ready to order:grin:.

Last edited:
Yesterday I washed my hair w/the new shikakai,amla and bhringraj soap(3in1), I like it much better than the regular formula, new formula did not leave my hair feeling coated, then applied Afroveda coconut milk,hibiscus oil, seal ends w/ shea-amla. My hair was singing "shake your groove thanng" this morning.

? Anyone notice that most of the ayurveda products description says it stimulates hair roots and promotes hair growth. Thats amazing!!

Last edited:
Yesterday I washed my hair w/the new shikakai,amla and bhringraj soap(3in1), I like it much better than the regular formula, new formula did not leave my hair feeling coated, then applied Afroveda coconut milk,hibiscus oil, seal ends w/ shea-amla. My hair was singing "shake your groove thanng" this morning.

? Anyone notice that most of the ayurveda products description says it stimulates hair roots and promotes hair growth. Thats amazing!![/quote]

Yes, that's one of the reasons I use it!!! :drunk: Where did you get the soap?

ETA: Nevermind I saw the soap on the website, thanks for the review.

Last edited:

? Anyone notice that most of the ayurveda products description says it stimulates hair roots and promotes hair growth. Thats amazing!![/quote]

Yes, that's one of the reasons I use it!!! :drunk: Where did you get the soap?

Flowinlocks, I posted this last week but I got mine from this site http://ayurnaturalbeauty.ecrater.com/index.php

She has everything, I got kalpi tone, henna, maka and the soap. I ordered on thursday, delivered on Sat. Everyone is jumping on this site. Go get your now!

Flowinlocks, I posted this last week but I got mine from this site http://ayurnaturalbeauty.ecrater.com/index.php

She has everything, I got kalpi tone, henna, maka and the soap. I ordered on thursday, delivered on Sat. Everyone is jumping on this site. Go get your now!

Oh believe me, I'll be jumping on it when I need some stuff, I just got an order from Ruchita Ayurveda and Afroveda, so I'm pretty set. I'm trying not to order, but y'all tempting me!:spinning:

Oh believe me, I'll be jumping on it when I need some stuff, I just got an order from Ruchita Ayurveda and Afroveda, so I'm pretty set. I'm trying not to order, but y'all tempting me!:spinning:

I agree with ltown flowinlocks. I just ordered 6 boxes of karishma henna, 3 boxes of kapoor kachli, and 2 boxes of amla powders from this great site. I am so happy I found another vendor to order easier from. I was getting wayyy too frustrated with ruchita...:nono:.

I agree with ltown flowinlocks. I just ordered 6 boxes of karishma henna, 3 boxes of kapoor kachli, and 2 boxes of amla powders from this great site. I am so happy I found another vendor to order easier from. I was getting wayyy too frustrated with ruchita...:nono:.

Yeah I have been seeing the reviews on the site, trust me I'm on it :lachen:, I was actually thanking her for the review on the soap because I want to try it. BTW what do you use the bolded for?

Yeah I have been seeing the reviews on the site, trust me I'm on it :lachen:, I was actually thanking her for the review on the soap because I want to try it. BTW what do you use the bolded for?

I got it for thickness more than anything and can't wait to use it to see how well it works. The only thing I didn't like is that the box is so small - only 50g as oppsed to the usual 100g sizes of the other powders:sad:. That didn't stop me from still wanting to try it out though. I copied and pasted this right from the site:

Hesh Kapoor Kachli - natural way to thick, lustrous and fragrant hair.

Hesh Kapoor Kachli Powder is a boon for those who want thick, lustrous hair and keep it that way for a long time. The powder made into a thick paste that is used to wash the hair. Regular use promotes hair growth by stimulating the roots. It may also help to make your hair thick and lovely. Moreover, the powder also lends a pleasant perfume to the hair, which lasts for a long time.

Briefly Hesh Kapoor Kachli Powder has the following advantages:

- Stimulates hair roots and promotes hair growth
- Maintains hair texture
- Lends a pleasing perfume to the hair.

I got it for thickness more than anything and can't wait to use it to see how well it works. The only thing I didn't like is that the box is so small - only 50g as oppsed to the usual 100g sizes of the other powders:sad:. That didn't stop me from still wanting to try it out though. I copied and pasted this right from the site:

Hesh Kapoor Kachli Powder is a boon for those who want thick, lustrous hair and keep it that way for a long time. The powder made into a thick paste that is used to wash the hair. Regular use promotes hair growth by stimulating the roots. It may also help to make your hair thick and lovely. Moreover, the powder also lends a pleasant perfume to the hair, which lasts for a long time.

- Maintains hair texture

Kapoor Kachli made my hair smell wonderful! DH loved it. The only issue is that I think it made my hair somewhat hard - like a protein treatment, so it required extra moisture. I had forgotten all about it till I saw yall's post. I think I will revisit because I am waiting for KT to come in mail and could use the boost in color.

Can I use any hair oil/grease to scritch my hair before doing my rinse? The mason jars sounds nice..I'll give it a try once I get this stuff up and going.

Can I put my powders in a coffee maker and brew them like coffee? I figured it'll be a great rinse and no grit.

Yes to the first one, but I would not use grease because of the petro by-products. Use one of your Ayurveda oils to scritch. I use Amla, but a lot of ladies use Vatika. Olive oil is good as well.

I am not sure of your second question. I have definitely used coffee filters to filter my teas, but never thought about putting them in the coffee maker. Sounds like a good idea to me, and I think some of the ladies have done it before . . .

Kapoor Kachli made my hair smell wonderful! DH loved it. The only issue is that I think it made my hair somewhat hard - like a protein treatment, so it required extra moisture. I had forgotten all about it till I saw yall's post. I think I will revisit because I am waiting for KT to come in mail and could use the boost in color. .

Thanks so much for the heads up on the KK powder Aspire. I will use it with some moisturizing powders and DC well afterwards in that case:yep:.

Last night I did a quick scalp massage with Vatika Frosting, before twisting my hair up for the night.

Tomorrow night will be my 3rd henna treatment with Karishma - I can't wait! :yep:

- Maintains hair texture

I used this twice and really enjoyed it, and you can actually smell the perfume before you even open the box, its not to strong, gives me that feeling as if I am at a Island mmmm so peaceful. I will say my hair is much thicker not sure if its due to the KKP or what..wish it came in a bigger size too, guess its that strong you only need a little bit

Dcing right now with ORS, TJ Nourish Spa, Horsetail, Nettle, Brahmi, Bhringraj, and a little Suave for eaiser rinsing.

FYI, just saw this on her site:

♦♦ PLEASE NOTE - ALL ORDERS COMING IN BETWEEN 8/4 - 8/6 WILL BE PROCESSED ON FRIDAY, 8/7/09 WHEN NORMAL SPEEDY PROCESSING TIMES AND DELIVERIES WILL RESUME. ♦♦

I DCW'd a few minutes ago with a some AO GPB conditioner mixed with my ayurveda rinse. My hair feels so soft right now too:yep:.

FYI, just saw this on her site:

♦♦ PLEASE NOTE - ALL ORDERS COMING IN BETWEEN 8/4 - 8/6 WILL BE PROCESSED ON FRIDAY, 8/7/09 WHEN NORMAL SPEEDY PROCESSING TIMES AND DELIVERIES WILL RESUME. ♦♦

See, I told ya'll this vendor provides great service. I think she is travelling and ordering other products. I sure hope she carries indigo soon:yep:. I did recieve an email stating that my order will be processed on Friday which is fine with me as long as I get some kind of notification.

See, I told ya'll this vendor provides great service. I think she is travelling and ordering other products. I sure hope she carries indigo soon:yep:. I did recieve an email stating that my order will be processed on Friday which is fine with me as long as I get some kind of notification.
Yep - I like that she updated the site so that people would know. Of course, I had to go on and put in an order for some powders.

Imoan, I only got 2 boxes of Kalpi Tone. :grin:

OK, she was not playing about processing these orders today! I just got my shipping notice for the stuff I ordered yesterday at lunch time! That's what I'm talkin' about! :yay::bouncegre:woot:

Back