6 Month Ayurveda Challenge

Last night, I co-washed wit Tresemme Moisture Rich conditioner and Brahmi oil. Then, I baggied with Cream of Nature Leave-in conditioner and Vatika oil. Oh, and I found one of those moisture scarves...LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!:love2:

Today, I oil hair with amla/shikaki, the I'm doing henna, mix with other ayurveda powder, green tea, lemon. Next will dc, cantu leave in, moist/seal.

what's a moisture scarf?

Cookie,

It's a triangular scarf made using a piece of plastic with satin covering both sides. The plastic locks in moisture while the satin protects your hair from damage (and messing your pillow up). :-)

I don't know who came up with the concept, but BRAVO, man...BRAVO!!!

Cookie,

It's a triangular scarf made using a piece of plastic with satin covering both sides. The plastic locks in moisture while the satin protects your hair from damage (and messing your pillow up). :-)

I don't know who came up with the concept, but BRAVO, man...BRAVO!!!

Hi where did you get this, can you post a pic of it, would love to get one..

Warning: BEWARE- of Kalpi Tone it is addictive, the results it yield is beyond what one would think,(at least for me) It really gave me a nice shine,softer,moisturized hair, only did one treatment, my next treatment will be KT, and Hibiscus powder,burdock root powder,shea oil.

WOW:bouncy: Where do you find the time to do all this, and How long does it take? where did you get the kimble shea butter. Thanks

I prepood last night with my Kimble Shea butter treatment. Rinsed and did tea rinse of shikakai, amla, brahmi (same as Wednesday), washed with CON/shikakai/amla mix. Did Emergencee treatment, followed with AO Rose Masqueta mixed with JBCO, brahmi amla oil, and garlic oil. Rinsed, detangled, did acv rinse, mixed Giovanni DLI with KBB Hair Milk throughout hair, followed with Sunsilk Citrus Hair oil, then mixed QB AOHC, OHHB, and Afroveda whipped gelly and spread through hair. Currently drying and allowing hair to form chunky afro for weekend.

Warning: BEWARE- of Kalpi Tone it is addictive, the results it yield is beyond what one would think,(at least for me) It really gave me a nice shine,softer,moisturized hair, only did one treatment, my next treatment will be KT, and Hibiscus powder,burdock root powder,shea oil.

Imoan, this is what it looks like:

c159_1_b.JPG

It's distributed by Dream World Inc.

The description on the package reads:

LAYER OF PLASTIC BETWEEN 2 LAYERS OF SATIN
GREAT FOR OIL TREATMENTS AND/OR OTHER CONDITIONERS
FASHION LOOK
100% SATIN

I'm loving it...and I only paid $3.49 for it!:grin: Best investment ever!:yep:

Imoan, this is what it looks like:

c159_1_b.JPG

It's distributed by Dream World Inc.

The description on the package reads:

LAYER OF PLASTIC BETWEEN 2 LAYERS OF SATIN
GREAT FOR OIL TREATMENTS AND/OR OTHER CONDITIONERS
FASHION LOOK
100% SATIN

I'm loving it...and I only paid $3.49 for it!:grin: Best investment ever!:yep:

Off to the BSS to pick one up.

ITA with the bolded Imoan. I have a mixture of powders in a bowl, including kalpi tone, ready to be mixed with a nice herbal rinse of sage, rosemary, thyme and basil leaves. I let the herbs steep all day and will mix it with the powders tomorrow, maybe allow the new mixture to steep another day and then strain before using.

I finally made my ayurveda tea spritzer yesterday and have already spritzed it on my hair twice.

I made for a herbal rinse base of sage, basil, rosemary, and thyme leaves and fenugreek seed powder.

I let that steep for over 8 hours, strained and mixed it in with bramhi, kalpi tone, amla powders, and a few drops of rosemary essential oil.

I got about 18oz of tea and added it to two 12oz spray bottles - I will be spritzing my cornrows with the mix daily.

WOW:bouncy: Where do you find the time to do all this, and How long does it take? where did you get the kimble shea butter. Thanks

Lol, thanks! :grin: I took my sweet time on Saturday to do it. My SO often works Saturdays, so that's a good day for me to do my intense regimens. The Kimble Shea Butter Mask is either online or in Target stores. I've noticed more stores have started keeping the products in stock rather than having to get them exclusively online. I'm one of those natural women who needs her intake of protein, so I have to make time to do extensive treatments every couple of weeks. Else my hair is :nono:.

I was too lazy to make the 3 jars of tea this weekend so I'm working with 1 8 oz bottle tonight. It is a mix of brahmi, amla, bhringraj, and hibiscus. I added some amla oil to it.

I am making my first kinky twist spritzer today, so I've made it real, real simple. I simply boiled water, emptied a tea bag added Amla powder. It has been steeping for about an hour now. I will add it to a spray bottle with a bit of cocasta oil. I will use it for the week to see how I like it.

I just made a small order of karishma henna, kapoor kachli, and amla powders with www.ayurnaturalbeauty.ecrater.com nad had a very smooth transaction so far. We'll see how it goes and then I will give a full review. So far so good. I already received a nice email from Ekua, the owner I presume. I will be back to update my review of this merchant:yep:.

Did a Henna treatment yesterday and then did an intense DC today.

I really need to start using gloves on the henna, the deep orange hand is annoying.

I was too lazy to make the 3 jars of tea this weekend so I'm working with 1 8 oz bottle tonight. It is a mix of brahmi, amla, bhringraj, and hibiscus. I added some amla oil to it.

Hi, What kind of jars do you use, and if you have not already said so how do you make your teas, Thanks

Has anyone used Turmeric, I read that it has been used for centuries in ayurveda

I have a bag of this in my cabinet right now, I bought it the last time I went to the Indian market. I haven't decided what to do with it yet. I was going to use it as a mask, it's suppose to give the skin a glow, but I was afraid I was going to turn yellow. :ohwell:

I just made a small order of karishma henna, kapoor kachli, and amla powders with www.ayurnaturalbeauty.ecrater.com nad had a very smooth transaction so far. We'll see how it goes and then I will give a full review. So far so good. I already received a nice email from Ekua, the owner I presume. I will be back to update my review of this merchant:yep:.
Aggie, it should be good. I ordered thursday and receive my powders on Sat.

Hi, What kind of jars do you use, and if you have not already said so how do you make your teas, Thanks

I used mason jars. Got them from AC Moore (a craft store). Tea bags I got from here: http://www.fromnaturewithlove.com/product.asp?product_id=teabagsm&searchflag=1

I put a teaspoon of premixed powders in each bag and seal using my iron.

So here is what is in each jar:

Mix #1 --6 teabags with amla, hibiscus, bhringraj, brahmi, 24 oz of water, saa, amla oil, jojoba oil, and rosemary oil

Mix #2--6 teabags with kalpi tone & fenugreek, 24 oz of water, wheat protein, shikakai oil, jojoba oil, and rosemary oil

Mix #3--6 teabags with neem, shikakai, and amla, 24 oz of water, shikakai oil, jojoba oil, and rosemary oil.

I sit them on the window sill and let them sit for a day.

I will be washing my hair with my tea but adding some of my homemade beer shampoo to it for a good cleaning of my hair and scalp.

I have a bag of this in my cabinet right now, I bought it the last time I went to the Indian market. I haven't decided what to do with it yet. I was going to use it as a mask, it's suppose to give the skin a glow, but I was afraid I was going to turn yellow. :ohwell:

LMBO, Thanks I really needed that laugh... u r too funny

I used mason jars. Got them from AC Moore (a craft store). Tea bags I got from here: http://www.fromnaturewithlove.com/product.asp?product_id=teabagsm&searchflag=1

I put a teaspoon of premixed powders in each bag and seal using my iron.

So here is what is in each jar:

Mix #1 --6 teabags with amla, hibiscus, bhringraj, brahmi, 24 oz of water, saa, amla oil, jojoba oil, and rosemary oil

Mix #2--6 teabags with kalpi tone & fenugreek, 24 oz of water, wheat protein, shikakai oil, jojoba oil, and rosemary oil

Mix #3--6 teabags with neem, shikakai, and amla, 24 oz of water, shikakai oil, jojoba oil, and rosemary oil.

I sit them on the window sill and let them sit for a day.

what size are the mason jars, I want to try your mixes seems like it saves a lot of time, How often do you use the teas,how long do they last.. Thank you

what size are the mason jars, I want to try your mixes seems like it saves a lot of time, How often do you use the teas,how long do they last.. Thank you

24 oz jars, I use the teas 3x/wk, the mix last for 3 weeks in the fridge, I use an 8 oz applicator bottle to apply, I did learn this time to fill the jar all the way up beyond the 24 oz line to get 3 full 8 oz servings out of each jar. HTH.

Back