6 Month Ayurveda Challenge

Depends on what you want. If you want color then I would just go with water and lemon juice depending on what colors you want, but if you want conditioning effects I would go with conditioner.[/quote

Actually the Henna doesn't need anything acidic to release the color, About halfway through that Do y'all Henna thread, ladies were realizing that the lemon juice, wine, acv, etc. were actually adding unnecessary dryness.

You're correct that the dye releases with just water, but the lemon juice produces a more vibrant color than just using water.

Hi Aggie, Do you leave your spritzer on the braids as a leave in or wash out after a few minutes?

hi ladies! i haven't posted in like a week because i just recently did a self install (weave) and...i'm not sure what to do with my cornrows beneath. I've been cowashing like every other day though. any suggestions, pleese? oh and i've attached a picture to show you how i did it!

Attachments

• hair1.jpg
    hair1.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 16
Applied amala oil all over my hair and covered with a shower cap. I plan on leaving it for a couple of hours and then doing a powder tonic with amala and shikakai powders.

hi ladies! i haven't posted in like a week because i just recently did a self install (weave) and...i'm not sure what to do with my cornrows beneath. I've been cowashing like every other day though. any suggestions, pleese? oh and i've attached a picture to show you how i did it!

It looks really good.

Washed with home-made shikakai cleanse/shampoo. con w/russ calm. moisture with Amla/AV mix. sealed ends with jbco.

Hey everyone if you are looking for another site to order products BostonMaria posted this in vendor thread and it has henna products too.

I ordered Amla, Aritha and Maka from Ayurnatural Beauty last week
http://ayurnaturalbeauty.ecrater.com/index.php
and I received my order in 2 days. The shipping was inexpensive and my package was delivered right away. The owner is African American and she ships internationally as well.

Has anyone order the Kalpi Tone, I was going to order but I notice the site says this ♦♦ PLEASE NOTE -- Orders that include Kalpi Tone will need an extra day lead time for delivery. ♦♦

I placed my order today, prices where good and shipping wasnt bad at all!!!!
I want some more KT I am hooked:lick:

Last edited:
Prepoo'd overnight with EVCO, this morning I applied my mixture of oils via applicator bottle, sat for a while. Then did a tea rinse with my powder mixture.

ETA: Used my shikakai bar before I did the tea rinse.

Last edited:
Applied shikakai oil to my scalp and vatika oil to length of hair, and let that sit for 90 minutes. Followed with tea rinse of shikakai, amla and brahmi powders and let that sit for just over an hour. Cowashed and DC'd, used Jasmine's moisture renewal, QB AOHC, and Afroveda Curly Custard. Tied down and went to sleep. Wet hair this morning and applied Hairveda Whipped Gelly to hair, am at work, working diligently....:giggle:.

Hi ladies,
I was able to purchase the neem and aritha powders locally but had to order the other powders(maka, brahmi, amla, and brahmi) online. They should be here next week. Although I do not have all of the powders I wanted to start this challenage with, would it be okay if I start the challenge once the powders arrive? If not, I will join you ladies in the next challenge.
hhg,
tishee

I pooed yesterday with my Shikakai bar and cond. with AM, before I go to bed tonight I'll use with my Afroveda oils.

Hi ladies,
I was able to purchase the neem and aritha powders locally but had to order the other powders(maka, brahmi, amla, and brahmi) online. They should be here next week. Although I do not have all of the powders I wanted to start this challenage with, would it be okay if I start the challenge once the powders arrive? If not, I will join you ladies in the next challenge.
hhg,
tishee

That works, you did ask before the deadline

I will be making my three jars of tea again tomorrow. I need to remember to fill the jar up more this time around because there weren't 3 full servings in each. The last tea rinse for each was about 6 ozs vs 8.

I'm really liking this routine of tea rinsing 3x/wk. I'm still trying to figure out when I will do a cassia gloss.

I prepood last night with my Kimble Shea butter treatment. Rinsed and did tea rinse of shikakai, amla, brahmi (same as Wednesday), washed with CON/shikakai/amla mix. Did Emergencee treatment, followed with AO Rose Masqueta mixed with JBCO, brahmi amla oil, and garlic oil. Rinsed, detangled, did acv rinse, mixed Giovanni DLI with KBB Hair Milk throughout hair, followed with Sunsilk Citrus Hair oil, then mixed QB AOHC, OHHB, and Afroveda whipped gelly and spread through hair. Currently drying and allowing hair to form chunky afro for weekend.

I applied a henna gloss today with my leftover henna/paprika+V05 Moisture Milks+shikakai powder, then tea rinse, then used Hairveda Whipped Cream+amla oil

Doing my monthly henna right now. I mixed jamila henna with amla oil, hot water, a lil acv and conditioner. I will be leaving it on for 3-4 hours

Has anyone ever ordered Indigo or Henna from this Ebay seller?
Puddletown Alchemical Laboratory

They have great prices. I guess I could try it they have really good feedback. I just want to make sure there are no chemicals in it.

Used Aggie's Kalpi Tone mix (kalpi tone, amla, brahmi and shikakai). Rinsed, and now DCing with HairVeda Sitrinillah Mask with a little of the HV Vatika Frosting mixed in.

Back